Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Rules  ·  Free

Half-Life

Weird advice

Should me and my team incorporate the G-Man's now purple socks into the wolf gman we're doing? We are changing quite a lot of his design (we realized we couldn't really keep the emaciated look, so we're doing more of a strong, cocky aura. Thank god GoldSRC is so limited or this would be soo much harder), but the outfit is remaining mostly the same. I was just wondering if we should keep the outfit faithful to HL1 or follow the retcons? (Speaking of which, I just got the idea to do a mod of HL1 that incorporates all the series retcons...)

2 hours ago, Captain Johnathan M. Quirk said:

In everything except HL1. Therein lies our dilemma...

Hmm I see... but, at the same time, he will be a wolf so, you are already deep in changing stuff, the purple socks are not that big of a deal, I think

On 9/20/2023 at 12:49 PM, worm said:

Hmm I see... but, at the same time, he will be a wolf so, you are already deep in changing stuff, the purple socks are not that big of a deal, I think

Fair enough. I joke that you can do anything with a fursona because once you're dealing with anthropomorphic animals, you're already giving reality the finger, so you might as well just go all-out with it. Still, I want to try and keep things faithful... You know what, I'll probably get the advice of the other people on my team, as opposed to the random non-furs on the internet.

46 minutes ago, Captain Johnathan M. Quirk said:

You know what, I'll probably get the advice of the other people on my team, as opposed to the random non-furs on the internet.

That's probably a good call. They should have a better understanding of what you're going for than us non-furs. 

20 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

That's probably a good call. They should have a better understanding of what you're going for than us non-furs. 

Actually, only two other team members are furries, and I don't really trust the advice of one of them. Still, they also know quite a bit about character design and Natalya should be able to do some sketches so we should have a decent idea before I try and model it...

EDIT: I just caught the italic on "non-furs," sorry if that somehow offended you...

Edited by Captain Johnathan M. Quirk
  • Heart 1

3 hours ago, Captain Johnathan M. Quirk said:

Actually, only two other team members are furries, and I don't really trust the advice of one of them. Still, they also know quite a bit about character design and Natalya should be able to do some sketches so we should have a decent idea before I try and model it...

EDIT: I just caught the italic on "non-furs," sorry if that somehow offended you...

Context is tricky over the internet, but no offense was taken or intended by the italics. 😁