Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Favourite wrestlers who never got the big one

Guest pheadley

Guest pheadley
We have all looked back with disbelief when we see that some of are favourite wrestlers never got to carry the WWF/WWE title. Who do you look back on and think he should of got a run with the belt or would like to see get the belt but may never. I think if they could of used him better val venis could of had a real good heel run as champ, and i think sandow should get a run but wont.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Val Venis should never have had a run on top. Not everybody is world title material, people all getting their turn with the belt is what hurts it in the first place. Rey Mysterio...hmmm.

Guest pheadley
im saying if used in a different way he could of. the ringmaster wasnt title material but stone cold steve austin was.

Guest Ciaran The King
Like in all sports/entertainment some people are born to be on top and some are there to just support the star of the show. It's not to say the mid-card aren't important because they are but they are there in support, it's the star (Rock, Hogan, Austin) that sell the tickets.

Guest The Beltster
im saying if used in a different way he could of. the ringmaster wasnt title material but stone cold steve austin was.
Well going by that logic, anybody could be world champion if given the right gimmick, booked perfectly and the timing is right :lol

Guest pheadley
looks like people would rather act the wrestling expert instead of giving a simple opinion on who they liked that never got a chance with the main belt. many of them, razor ramon, mr perfect, roddy piper, rick rude and jake roberts to name a few.

Guest pheadley
two good choices would of liked to of seen perfect and bret hart for the title at a pay per view. would of been a great end to a under rated feud.

Guest pheadley
i see ken shamrock talking about wanting to come back, with hopes of a title run and a hall of fame place.

Rude and perfect are the only two I'd say really missed out on a chance. I think generally the cream rises to the top with a few exceptions.
Rude was WCW International World Champion, so I don't know if that should count.
Ricky Steamboat, Mr Perfect.
Steamboat is a former NWA World Champion.

I'd say Mr. Perfect is the main one who could have got it, but I'd say that British Bulldog also deserved a run.

Guest The Beltster
looks like people would rather act the wrestling expert instead of giving a simple opinion on who they liked that never got a chance with the main belt. many of them, razor ramon, mr perfect, roddy piper, rick rude and jake roberts to name a few.
No, I'm not acting the wrestling expert, I'm just not into acting the fool and saying jobbers like Val Venis should have been world champion. Thank God you arent booking anything or they'd be out of business. You want my simple opinion? My simple opinion is that your opinion is the shits.

ok lets look at your picks.

Razor Ramon: Possibly, but he never came across as a main eventer to me, he was perfectly suited to the IC division.

Mr Perfect: Couldnt draw, even with Hogan. Their feud bombed and in 1990 - 1991, he was never going to get a run, he wasnt a big enough star.

Roddy Piper: Taking the belt off Hogan in 1984 during his drawing peak would have been like burning money - stupid idea.

Rick Rude: Couldnt draw, was perfect IC material, used exactly as he should have been, same goes for Jake, I think he should have had an IC run, but not on top.

I think you are more picking guys you liked and saying they should have had a run rather than actually thinking it through and taking into account everything that, at the times they were wrestling, it took to get a run with the belt.

Guest pheadley
Thats what the question was beltster. who would you like. im not going on about drawing money or star power or anything like that. this is meant to be abit of fun and again you are getting on like you know everything again. catch yourself on. your taking this too seriously.

Trouble is there's a massive difference between saying "I liked them therefore I wish they'd had the big belt" and saying "These wrestlers were probably of the calibre to be a world champ and I liked them". The first is pointless because it has nothing but personal opinion involved, there's literally no debate. The second is more interesting and Belty is doing a good job of putting across why the picks you made weren't world champ material with some degree of explanation.

Sound advice is not to pick fights with people 25 posts into your forum career and certainly not with TWO's personal Plymouth attack dog. :)

Guest pheadley
With 4 titles and feuds with the rock, stone cold and mick foley i wouldnt call him a jobber. hes more of a this push isnt working again type of guy. lol

Guest The Beltster
Thats what the question was beltster. who would you like. im not going on about drawing money or star power or anything like that. this is meant to be abit of fun and again you are getting on like you know everything again. catch yourself on. your taking this too seriously.
Bro I'm not getting on like I know everything, I'm stating facts that everybody already knows. If its just as simple as "Which guys would you personally liked to have seen have a WWF title run" and it has nothing to do with anything outside of the fact you like them and would have liked to have seen them get a shot on top, then fair enough, there are loads of guys who would have creatively made good champs. Rude, Perfect, DiBiase, Orndorff, Jake, Boris Zhukov. But as Omega said, if its just playing favourites you have no debate and an endless list of undeserving guys getting mentioned. Edited by The Beltster