Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Halo 3 Thread: News, views and frolics

Guest Clarkey

Guest Clarkey

The Beta keys are being sent around, and details have already rumbled left, right and centre on the web; so I thought this would be an appropriate place for those lucky enough to get their Beta key to post their early thoughts. I didn't buy Crackdown myself, as I mentioned in another thread, so am going to miss out on the fun. So of course selfishly I'm interested in how things turn out.

Peter Moore has confirmed that the title will be released on the 26th of September/25th Stateside (credit to 1up where I read that), and they themselves and Eurogamer have already posted wrap ups of the Beta version:

1up

Eurogamer

Here's some screens and video footage:

Screens from 1up

Video's from Xboxyde

Of course there are more dotted images around on the afore mentioned site and the other big hitters like IGN.

Edited by Clarkey

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clarkey
The amount of people that were 'playing Crackdown' on the dashboard was quite comical. I wonder how many trade in's there will be after everyone gets their Beta key. Edited by Clarkey

Guest Anime Otaku
Seems to have got delayed as I tried at 10 past and then nearer half past and got nothing.

Guest Clarkey

This is from Bungie's site:

Folks are reporting problems downloading the Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown this morning. We have alerted the appropriate Live authorities and they are taking care of the problem as we speak. More news as it comes in. With any luck this will be a short delay. People enetering the Beta through other methods - Friends and Family, Rule of Three and so on, are unaffected.

Why do these things never go to plan, you'd think they'd have learnt from past situations of the same ilk?

Guest Reno
Total suckage. I only had one person playing Crackdown on my friends list, no one seems to be on for me.

Guest Clarkey
If you want a fun read, just venture here. They must have all been let out of the asylum to mark the scheduled release of Halo 3 Beta.

Guest Nicole
Ha, J stayed up late last night thinking he'd get it then, now he's at work whilst its been released. I hate Halo, it takes up his life.

Guest frednut

if this does eventually appear tonight, through the crackdown method, I'll be online most of the night playing it so feel free to join me.

my gamertag is frednut if you want to join me and I'm not on your friends list.

Guest Andrew
Damn, what time does this finish ?

The beta is up till around June 10th from what I remember so there's a few weeks of it.

Well, I've finished downloading the BETA. I can't play it, though. I took the day off to continue work on my kitchen and this is my tea break.

I'm up for some killing and beating tonight, mind. Dee Em, Fred; I assume you'll join me, right?

Guest frednut

aye I'm up for it wyndorf :)

@ TGO, yes it's available to download BUT you either need Crackdown or a code from Bungie. It's worth it though mind.

BTW has anyone been able to get 16 players in a game? I'm sure Bungie said it was 16 players but the most I've seen is 8. :?

Guest Anime Otaku
aye I'm up for it wyndorf :)

@ TGO, yes it's available to download BUT you either need Crackdown or a code from Bungie. It's worth it though mind.

BTW has anyone been able to get 16 players in a game? I'm sure Bungie said it was 16 players but the most I've seen is 8. :?

Only 1 map in the Beta supports 16 players for team slayer games.

Guest ahsatan

Well, we've had a couple of goes now. Tried it last night without much success, so we went and had a few rounds of Gears for a bit. We're still all having major connection problems with those on our friends lists. After a bit we went back to Halo and had more success.

It's ok. Personally I think they've made the menus so much more complicated than they needed to be. I imagine we'll get the full game when it comes out, but for me, it doesn't even touch Gears Of War in the awesomeness stakes.

However, it does have vehicles that have now been christened "cars" and "sausages".

Guest ahsatan

Apparently, it was supposed to run for three weeks, but I hear it has been extended due to the innitial problems with getting on it.

Edit: I've just been reminded about the talking problems in the beta. Every time you say something, you have to press up on the D pad! Seriously bad, the amount of times I said stuff twice and more last night was incredible, as I kept forgetting to press up.

Edited by ahsatan