Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Halo 3 Thread: News, views and frolics

Guest Clarkey

Guest Anime Otaku
the d-pad direction to talk thing is only for long range, if people would try acting as a team more and supporting each other it'd be less of an issue but it should probably still go.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LUKE
What do you mean by "long range" and "only"?

I've played every kind of scenario and there's no way about it - you gotta push up to talk.

I'v been playing it with some friends and we never had to press anything when we were close together.:?

Maybe it's just you:greets4:

Guest Colin
the d-pad direction to talk thing is only for long range, if people would try acting as a team more and supporting each other it'd be less of an issue but it should probably still go.

Why have team work when you can just storm in and shoot the place up, while yelling. That's what I say!

Then again, I also suck at FPS games, so what's a man to do

I'v been playing it with some friends and we never had to press anything when we were close together.:?

Maybe it's just you:greets4:

Well, that's stupid.

I stood right in front of Frednut whilst he killed me (oh, not just once!) and he failed to hear me say "You evil bast**d!" about 12 times......until I pressed up.

Even on the same team, I stood right in front of Frednut whilst he killed me.....and he failed to hear me say "I'm on your team...you evil bast**d!" about 12 times......until I pressed up.

The same scenario, just swap the name Fred for Dee Em or Benners or Reno.

Guest frednut
Well, that's stupid.

I stood right in front of Frednut whilst he killed me (oh, not just once!) and he failed to hear me say "You evil bast**d!" about 12 times......until I pressed up.

Even on the same team, I stood right in front of Frednut whilst he killed me.....and he failed to hear me say "I'm on your team...you evil bast**d!" about 12 times......until I pressed up.

The same scenario, just swap the name Fred for Dee Em or Benners or Reno.

should have fired your gun :P

Guest Clarkey

Some new Halo 3 Spiel from Digital Battle, borrowed from TeamXBox:

With all the scoops, insights and spoilers into the cool features of Halo 3, part of me wonders if come release time there will be any surprises at all. Another round of features, vehicles, maps and weapons has been revealed. Gamers who preferred the original to the sequel will be happy to note the almost-return of the original pistol. Although not as incredibly powerful as the pistol of the first game, it will be more powerful than the often underwhelming Magnum of Halo 2. The website reports that the energy sword now has a limited amount of ammo, which I assume is a change made to the multiplayer game, as in the campaign the energy sword had a limited amount of ammo in Halo 2.

There are new maps, including a Zanzibar remake and Shrine, which is reportedly the largest map of any Halo game yet. A special item will be available in that map: anti-rust spray for your guns, which might seize up from lack of use while you hunt around the map for opponents.

One of the most exciting and unusual features is the level of customization of your armor. It’s come a long leap farther than customization did between the first two games. Now instead of being able to pick your colors and logo, individual pieces of Spartan armor will be customizable. Some of the alternate helmets resemble those in Star Wars: Republic Commando. No word on whether or not Covenant multiplayer models will be customizable as well.

Guest Anime Otaku

I take it that info pertains to the full game not the Beta, sounds good though, I wonder if this is a way of including female Spartans by giving them shaped breastplates.

Also has anyone watched RvB:beta complex? It's hilarious, especially the bits about bug reports and the man cannon, can't remember what the one in charge calls it initially.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest frednut
i think every american we came across the other night was rude. Apart from that one who got his pubic hair cut at his barbers.

Guest ahsatan
i think every american we came across the other night was rude. Apart from that one who got his pubic hair cut at his barbers.

:lol

Still, it's true. I know I kinda lost it at the end, with all the F and C words, but I got so sick of xenophobic comments. I mean seriously, it can't be the first time they've played with some "British" people?!

Guest Reno

"hello i am master chief llolololololollolollllololololollol"

"ima snipe you all hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahhhahahhahahahahahahahah"

That ruled.

If anyone is playing tonight, send me a PM and I'll join. I have my 360 at my sisters. :)

• 3 months later...
Just a tip off that the hugely hyped (by MS at least) Halo 3 ad will be released on the official website for the game at 5:00 this evening, or at least I believe. Might be State's time. The same ad will make it's UK televisual debut during ITV's CL match, at 21:35 apparantly. Not the most exciting news in the world, but gives me an excuse to revive this thread, polish it up and get it ready in preparation for it's release at the end of the month. I smell an 8 out of ten affair all over this one to be honest, but I didn't play the Beta (reading back some of Wyndorf's comments gave me the giggles).

Credit to Eurogamer:

Microsoft is hiring out London's enormous iMax cinema for the launch of Halo 3 next week, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

Celebrities like the neatly bearded Jonathan Ross (who provides voice talent for the game) and sought-after music producer Pharrell Williams will be on hand to swan about on the red carpet and add glitz to proceedings.

Advertisement

You're invited to join in by turning up at the iMax on London's South Bank from 6:30pm on Tuesday 25th September for a number of planned events, including a photo exhibition that will later tour key Pearl & Dean cinemas across the UK.

An invite-only aftershow party will prolong the festive atmosphere, with top DJ talent turning up to entertain the crowd.

Halo 3 goes on sale Wednesday 26th September in Europe, with many money experts expecting the title to rack-up impressive sales figures across the globe. Not so much in Japan.

Just to add to the bolded part: Wossy as voice of Marine in Halo 3

Japanese gaming weekly Famitsu, arguably the world's most widely respected gaming publication, has awarded Halo 3 a series of very high scores in their review of Bungie's third offering. The game is already predicted to shift copies by the truckload, and even the notoriously 360 ambivalent Japanese gaming market might give the title a passing glance with one Famitsu scorer giving the gaming a perfect 10/10.

The other three reviewers evaluating the title awarded it three 9/10's, which is still very high (the magazine takes an average of the final scores from their four reviewers). 37/40 was the final tally in the magazine's glowing review.

With reviews in western publications not expected for several days, this is the first indication we've had of the critical response to the third in the top-selling series.

Famitsu have yet to add their Halo 3 evaluation to their website, so we're unable to work any further translation magic for you at present. Needless to say we'll keep you posted on all things Halo.

Credit to Play TM.