Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Halo 3 Thread: News, views and frolics

Guest Clarkey

Guest Al Stevens
I got it yesterday and i have to say so far it's one of the best games on the 360 so far. The one thing which i found disapointing is the create a character feature for none Xbox Live users only having two sets of everything. It seems that Mircosoft are punishing the people who dont have the net.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fun in CO-OP and multiplayer has some good stuff.......although some of the time I'm still having to press up to talk!!! That's just crap!

I wouldn't touch the single player if you couldn't do it CO-OP, with friends you can ignore that it's an average FPS with dreadful graphics and has solid objects I can walk through.....well...by ignore I mean jump up and down and kill the stupid AI soldiers.

Was just about to ask about the up button on the d-pad to talk on Live, as you mentioned it during the Beta test. Just mind boggling how you can talk in the lobby freely, yet in game nothingness without the up button. I completely understand why you were so agitated about it before now. It just completely tarnishes the games, as the sledging is all part of the fun.

I completely agree on Co-op too. I haven't tried the Co-op yet that keeps the score tally as I'm waiting until myself and my brother complete it normally, nor tried it online yet. But just bog standard Co-op offline adds so much more to the game.

Guest Al Stevens
Gravity Hammer FTW

I think with that i knocked one brute into a different level. Because i saw one running at me and i think it was safe to say he was annoyed with me for some reason (was gonna say he was pretty ugly as well, however 99% of the creatures on the game are fulgy)

Was just about to ask about the up button on the d-pad to talk on Live, as you mentioned it during the Beta test. Just mind boggling how you can talk in the lobby freely, yet in game nothingness without the up button. I completely understand why you were so agitated about it before now. It just completely tarnishes the games, as the sledging is all part of the fun.

I completely agree on Co-op too. I haven't tried the Co-op yet that keeps the score tally as I'm waiting until myself and my brother complete it normally, nor tried it online yet. But just bog standard Co-op offline adds so much more to the game.

It's sole destroying. I only ever play online with friends, I never venture into ranked matches and what not, I don't even care about winning. I just like the banter.

I think I've worked out how it works now. I believe if there is more than 4 friends (can be in a team against others) - you have to press 'up' to talk. I'm really bummed about it. Bungie done a Q&A on another site I go to and I got to ask about the pressing up shambles. They said they've taken into account what everyone thinks and we've added settings to satisfy everybody. That was a lie - it's exactly the same as the beta.

I was playing co-op with ahsatan and frednut last night. Without them, I would have played skate or Tiger Woods......

I don't understand how Bungie could get it so wrong :(

Had the Beeb taken the footage from YouTube? As they did with the Resistance Fall of Man, Manchester Catherdral fall out.orginal

Played a little bit so far. Liked it on the whole, having played the first 2 with Xbox pad instead of the S-controller which is more like a 360 pad it is feeling a little different . Good to see the orginal assalt rifle back in the hands of the Cheif.

Edited by BRM

I'm slowly making my way through the main game at the moment and I'm really liking it, the game is pretty solid so far.

Played quite a few multiplayer games too and had a good laugh with Ahsatan, Wyndorf and Frednut especially on the VIP Game time with rocket lauchers and the little cars. I've not laughed so much in ages :D

I've got a few pictures from the game, will try and get them up later.

Played quite a few multiplayer games too and had a good laugh with Ahsatan, Wyndorf and Frednut especially on the VIP Game time with rocket lauchers and the little cars. I've not laughed so much in ages :D

I've got a few pictures from the game, will try and get them up later.

I'm sorry I shouted at you. :lol

that car game was quite fun! :lol

Yes, that game is awesome! :D

I finished it last night. I thought it was rubbish. The level design is guff - LOADS of backtracking. One level had us go and push some button and then we went to another building that looked exactly the same - it even had the exact same inside layout (who am I kidding it was the same) to press another button.

No direction at all, sure I don't want the game played for me, but it's daft when you're just running around in circles having to endure trees and boxes that suddenly pop-up in front of you.

After playing the likes of Bioshock and Condemed I have no understanding whatsoever, on how anyone can possibly rate Halo 3 as anything other than, average.

I've only just started playing single player. I'm feeling brave so, I'm doing it on Heroic... thought I possibly think I should start out with normal to whizz through it.

Guest The Beltster
After playing the likes of Bioshock and Condemed I have no understanding whatsoever, on how anyone can possibly rate Halo 3 as anything other than, average.
I just bought BioShock, will start it soon. I thought the Condemned was terrible.