Fan Clubs | beta

Update On The New Batman Film

Paul

Guest Jung

It seems as if its based on the graphic novels.

Apparantly Nolan doesn't ever want to do Penguin also, as he finds it too farcical and silly, not enough depth.

Personally, considering how the first film went, I think the Riddler and Two Face certainly work on a psychologically impaired villain level. Bit difficult with say Penguin, Cat Woman, Mr Freeze and so on.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Riddler perhaps?
Maybe he'll be Robin.:lol

If it is the riddler, I hope they do it well. Riddler in Batman forever...was not good.
I thought Carrey was ace as The Riddler in Batman Forever. To me, it was one of those roles he was born to play, like John Goodman was born to play Fred Flinstone or Stallone was bron to play (badly, but looking the part) Judge Dredd.

Also is The Joker's look new or based on one of the Graphic novels?
The entire Joker persona will be based on the character written by Alan Moore for Batman: The Killing Joke. Edited by DC

Guest Jung

To be fair Batman Forever was like Ben Hur compared to Batman and Robin.

And thankfully Hall can't be Robin, as he's like 10 years older than Bale and Robin has to be about 20 years younger than Batman. Thank god. Never liked Robin.

Guest SuperKick Kid
I haven't tested this but letters appear amongst this that don't belong.

They spell out 'See You In December'

Creepy!

Yeah, it does spell that out. People think that's when the first trailer will appear that has Joker in it.

Guest Al Stevens
I haven't tested this but letters appear amongst this that don't belong.

They spell out 'See You In December'

Creepy!

Wow thats one great find there Davros

'See you in December' could mean there is a tease poster or tease trailer released. Could be someone trying to get it all hyped up.

Oh yeah i could imagen the scene when first see the Joker for the first time it could actually be very very creapy

Guest Reno

I was just about to post the 'see you in december ' quote, as I found it on Wiki.

The site was taken down and replaced with a "Page not found" message. However, highlighting sections of the text revealed repetition of of "ha ha ha" in different sizes of font. In between these, however, were seemingly erroneous letters which spell out the phrase "See you in December."

It was a first look at Ledger as The Joker.

Naturally someone snagged it and posted it elsewhere

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5716

Oh and dont forget to vote for Harvey Dent

http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/

It seems that the above posted pictures may be the latest in a looooong line of fakes to be circulating. Total Film had the following to say....

New Heath Ledger Joker image might be a fake!

Is this the latest in a long line of false pictures?

21 May 2007 11:34am

It was one of the biggest stories of the weekend, but we’ve got some bad news for Batfans – there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that the latest pic of Heath Ledger in his Joker guise is yet another fake.

If it is indeed a scam, it’s surely one of the most elaborate hoaxes in cinematic history, a gag worthy of the Clown Prince Of Crime himself.

If you haven’t already heard, here’s the story. At the weekend, what appeared to be a viral marketer littered a comic-book store in Southern California with playing cards, daubed with the phrase I Believe In Harvey Dent Too, a play on Warner Brothers’ official ibelieveinharveydent teaser site domain name.

Now, here’s where it gets really interesting. Fanboys who typed in ibelieveinharveydenttoo were sent to a new site, encouraging them to send off their email address, to receive a code which would allow them to gradually reveal a Bat-picture, hidden behind the official teaser.

Cleverly, whoever created the site (and we’ll prove in a moment that it wasn’t WB) didn’t announce that the image was Heath Ledger as the Joker, making fanboys even more desperate to see it.

Eventually – and trust us, it took a long time, suspicious in itself considering how many people were eventually attempting to reveal the image, once the word spread – this picture appeared.

Looks good, right? Well, before you get too overexcited, consider the following two points…

Warner Brothers’ first wave of this elaborate viral marketing campaign was to litter one comic-book store with home-made cards. Which is quite small-scale, even for a guerilla marketing campaign.

The official teaser’s full address is http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/, note the warnerbros part of the address. The Joker’s address? http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

Both facts were suspicious enough to peak our interest, but not conclusive. After all, even if Warners did litter only one comic-book store with cards, it worked. And perhaps they’d left the official branding off the new site to make it seem more anarchic, more Joker-esque.

Still, it was enough to make us dig further. And we didn’t like what we found.

A simple WHOIS search revealed that, whilst ibelieveinharveydent was registered by Warner Brothers on 11 May, ibelieveinharveydenttoo was created by a private registration company, Domains by Proxy, Inc. on 14 May. We doubt Warner Brothers would go that far to keep their part in the enterprise a secret (after all, we sort of know they'll be behind the eventual Joker reveal).

Which, obviously, is a massive disapointment. But still, keep your eye on Total Film for the first image of the real Joker. We won’t report it ‘til we’ve seen it.

Guest Nicole

The fact that its been registered by a company not Warner Bros does not conclusively prove that it isn't them. It's not uncommon for people to do that kind of thing to build up interest.

Warner haven't come out and said that it is real or that it is a fake. I think their silence speaks volumes, surely if there was somebody trying to pass off fake stuff as Warner promo material there would have been something done about it.

Edited by Nicole

The fact that its been registered by a company not Warner Bros does not conclusively prove that it isn't them. It's not uncommon for people to do that kind of thing to build up interest.

Warner haven't come out and said that it is real or that it is a fake. I think their silence speaks volumes, surely if there was somebody trying to pass off fake stuff as Warner promo material there would have been something done about it.

I agree, but Warner didn't do much (if anything) about the other fakes either. Anyways, I was just the messenger, so no shooting of thanks.:P

Guest SuperKick Kid

However DC, Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com was registered before Ibelieveinharveydent.com was.

I'll wait til the WB says its fake.

There is no picture like that, that I know of around the internet of Heath Ledger that can be photoshopped and it clearly is Heath.

The See You in December message has to be there for a reason, and Seeyouindecember.com has been registered.

Also, what purpose is it to have the Ibelieveinharveydent page on WB's Batman website as a splash page when it really does nothing. However, when this other site popped up, it served a purpose.

I think this attempt to prove that this is a fake is just Joker traditionalists, that dont like the way he looks, trying to dismiss the look.

Either that or its another example of people saying, "you cant trust everything on the internet."

Either way, I think its real. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Edited by SuperKick Kid

However DC, Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com was registered before Ibelieveinharveydent.com was.

I'll wait til the WB says its fake.

There is no picture like that, that I know of around the internet of Heath Ledger that can be photoshopped and it clearly is Heath.

The See You in December message has to be there for a reason, and Seeyouindecember.com has been registered.

Also, what purpose is it to have the Ibelieveinharveydent page on WB's Batman website as a splash page when it really does nothing. However, when this other site popped up, it served a purpose.

I think this attempt to prove that this is a fake is just Joker traditionalists, that dont like the way he looks, trying to dismiss the look.

Either that or its another example of people saying, "you cant trust everything on the internet."

Either way, I think its real. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

DON'T. SHOOT. THE. MESSENGER!

Guest SuperKick Kid
DON'T. SHOOT. THE. MESSENGER!

Sorry, you posted the news so I replied to you. Didnt mean to shoot the messenger.

Just wanted to respond to the news.

Guest SuperKick Kid

New Picture of The Joker:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/565/darkknightcarouseltu7.jpg

Upcoming 'Batman' sequel 'The Dark Night' will be the first feature film to contain footage shot in the IMAX format.

Director Christopher Nolan will film four scenes, including the introduction of villain The Joker, played by Heath Ledger, in the follow-up to his own Batman Begins for IMAX cinemas.

There are only 280 IMAX cinemas, which have screens up to eight storeys high, worldwide - less than 100 of these screen feature films.

But Nolan believes the format is the future for action cinema.

He says: "There's simply nothing like seeing a movie that way. It's more immersive for the audience. I wish I could shoot the entire thing this way.

"You can't do this on any home theatre. Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted The Joker to have the grandest entrance possible.

"I figure if you could take an IMAX camera to Mount Everest or outer space, you could use it in a feature movie."

CREDIT~~EveningEcho

Guest SuperKick Kid
I actually think this is a very good idea. Looks like we're going to get a big close-up of The Joker in the movie. :)

I actually think this is a very good idea. Looks like we're going to get a big close-up of The Joker in the movie. :)
What made you think we wouldn't get a big close-up of The Joker before now? He's the main villain...a close-up shot of him was virtually guaranteed.