Update On The New Batman Film

Paul

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
Wow that pic makes him look kind of Crow-ish. If you ignore the non leather clothes and green hair....

Here is a page on the new movie, with the three links on the right being footage of the movie being made. The first one focuses on the Batmobile, but the second one has fantastic shots of Heath Ledger as The Joker.

Guest SuperKick Kid

http://www.whysoserious.com/

The Dark Knight viral advertisement campaign continues.

New Dark Knight Viral Site?

Source: EmpireofDarkness, Nate Buchman

July 26, 2007

Fans have pointed us to WhySoSerious.com, which appears to be yet another viral site for The Dark Knight. Remember IBelieveinHarveyDent.com and IBelieveinHarveyDentToo.com? At the new site, the Joker seems to be recruiting people for his gang. But what's very interesting is that the page includes coordinates in San Diego and that the clock is counting down to approximately when the Warner Bros. panel takes place at Comic-Con. Hmmm...

Edited by SuperKick Kid

Guest SuperKick Kid

the mystery of the whysoserious.com website has been revealed.

WB ran a little game between people at the comic-con in San Diego and people on the internet. And these two beauties came out of it.

The Dark Knight Teaser Trailer in HD:

http://video.whysoserious.com/TDK_Teaser_HD_Best_L98hufT.mov

And this Picture:

http://whysoserious.com/images/theknife.jpg

Guest SuperKick Kid

Yeah, the "Joker" in the lower two pictures is a fan from the Comic-Con in San Diego.

I believe he was the one that finished the game/puzzle first.

Guest Da Showstoppa
If it is the riddler, I hope they do it well. Riddler in Batman forever...was not good.

I disagree, the Riddler is a far more off the wall and larger than life character than the other villains. Carrey nailed it superbly and IMO his performance helped save the film (though Kilmer as Batman wasn't too bad)

Mike

Guest SuperKick Kid
I disagree, the Riddler is a far more off the wall and larger than life character than the other villains. Carrey nailed it superbly and IMO his performance helped save the film (though Kilmer as Batman wasn't too bad)

Actually, The Joker is the larger than life off the wall villain.

Personally, I like the Riddler from Batman: The Animated Series more than the Frank Gorshin/Jim Carrey type Riddler.

More of a criminal mastermind genius type character.

Actually, The Joker is the larger than life off the wall villain.

Personally, I like the Riddler from Batman: The Animated Series more than the Frank Gorshin/Jim Carrey type Riddler.

More of a criminal mastermind genius type character.

The Joker is more of a sadistic villain than "off-the-wall" (which, off-topic, is a great album) in the incarnation Ledger is going to portray. The Killing Joke version of The Joker is an (kinda) evil sumbitch, paralyzing Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, the psychological attack(s) on Commissioner Gordon and so on.

IMO, The Riddler is more "off-the-wall", while The Joker is more psychotic.

Guest The Joker
I don't think they should bring in Penguin. He's too far'fetched. As for The Riddler, he would just be a pain. I hope they dont kill of Joker in this one, maybe having him in a third with Two-Face and possibly a new character they havent shown yet. Clayface.

I hope they dont kill of Joker in this one, maybe having him in a third with Two-Face and possibly a new character they havent shown yet.

Possibly put Joker in the arkham asylum, making way for him to return at some point? If he dies in one, I'll be dissapointed.

Guest SuperKick Kid
The Joker is more of a sadistic villain than "off-the-wall" (which, off-topic, is a great album) in the incarnation Ledger is going to portray. The Killing Joke version of The Joker is an (kinda) evil sumbitch, paralyzing Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, the psychological attack(s) on Commissioner Gordon and so on.

IMO, The Riddler is more "off-the-wall", while The Joker is more psychotic.

In this type of series which is the more based in reality series, there really is not going to be an off-the-wall character. However, the most off-the-wall one will most likely be The Joker.

I have read The Killing Joke and I know what kind of Joker that is, however he is the same Joker that has his headquarters in an amusement park, laughs a lot, when he shows up to shoot Barbara he is in like a tourist outfit.

The same Joker that can be the evil sumbitch also is off the wall. From what I've read about this movie he is both off-the-wall and evil.

It's like the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series. At times he could be hilarious, off-the-wall, and crazy. At other times he was scary and evil.

This is not the Burton/Schumacher series and if Riddler does show up, I am almost certain he will not be the Frank Gorshin/Jim Carrey version of the character.

I would expect a version of the character that was done in Batman: The Animated Series.

More of a criminal mastermind who plays mindgames with Batman because he thinks he is smarter than Batman or anyone.

Anyway, that is how I picture The Riddler.