Fan Clubs | beta

Update On The New Batman Film

Paul

Guest SuperKick Kid
What made you think we wouldn't get a big close-up of The Joker before now? He's the main villain...a close-up shot of him was virtually guaranteed.

I just wanted to state the obvious. No need to pick apart my statement. :good222:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperKick Kid
http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

From BOF contributor Cary Ashby:

THE DARK KNIGHT publicist Eric Levin announced today that director Christopher Nolan and actor Christian Bale will be holding a press conference at 12:30 p.m. Friday, June 8 at a yet-to-be determined location in Chicago. Levin made the announcement through an e-mail to BOF contributor Cary Ashby.

The press release mentioned that others involved in TDK could be appearing at the press conference as well, but arrangements were pending. Levin, weeks earlier, called it "a press cast conference" and said the event required reservations.

Thanks again to Cary Ashby for the report...

It would be pretty cool if Joker crashed the party :)

Anyway, I hope something good gets announced.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperKick Kid

Newest Update - Possible Spoiler below:

Cillian Murphy has been seen on the set of the Dark Knight and there has been filming done with Batman and The Scarecrow. So Scarecrow is back and so is Cillian.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Visiting old friends? I wouldn't want Batman to go like superman and have too many enemies in a movie.

No, he is playing The Scarecrow again. There are photos of him filming, fighting with Batman, etc..

Guest Nicole
Eugh, why can't they keep to one villain? Spiderman is crap because it uses too many villains in one film grr!

The first Batman film had loads of villains though and that was good?!

I mean Tom Wilkinson, Cilian Murphy, Liam Neeson etc.

I think as long as you have 1 Principle villain, there can be minor characters to set along the plot.

For instance Scarecrow could be seen as having been friends with Joker in prison and Joker having much stranger side affects than everyone else and going insane and using Scarecrow power against him. Then Scarecrow could be fighting Batman cause Joker made him too.

Its still 1 villian v 1 good guy, just with a bit of extra thrown it.

Guest Nicole
I don't mind it so much if it is as a minor character, but I don't want all these villains to be competing for time in the film. 1 brief meeting would be enough in my eyes.

Oh I agree, but considering how the first film was handled I'd imagine Mr Murphy would be similar to Tom Wilkinson's character. Minor character who's a smaller entity in the bigger picture.

Guest Nicole
Yeah he would be good used in that role, the only reason it worries me is because theres so many other things going on in the film supposedly, with Harvey Dent and the Joker. I wouldn't want a character from Begins overshadowing the more important events in The Dark Knight.

Yeah he would be good used in that role, the only reason it worries me is because theres so many other things going on in the film supposedly, with Harvey Dent and the Joker. I wouldn't want a character from Begins overshadowing the more important events in The Dark Knight.
Harvey won't be Two-Face in the movie (except maybe right at the end), so he won't be a factor in the villain stakes. I expect the role of Harvey Dent to be along the lines (but more screen-time) of Billy Dee Williams playing him in Burton's first film.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Does anyone know if Bane will be used as a PROPER villian in the new films? Not some idiot side kick.

I doubt Bane will be used at all in this new film series.

Does anyone know if Bane will be used as a PROPER villian in the new films? Not some idiot side kick.
If he is, it will be late in the franchise, as there are a lot of old-schoolers to be brought in first.

Batman needs to have a legacy before his legacy can be destroyed at the hands of Bane.

Guest SuperKick Kid

A report has come in from a spotter in Chicago that while they were scoping out the filming, they saw Aaron Eckart walking into a building to do a scene. However, he wasnt just normally walking in. He was wearing a cloke and hood.

Then later on when Aaron exited the building, the spotter says that he saw a half scarred face.

So, if this information is true. Two-Face will be in The Dark Knight.

Speculation is that this will be a scene near the end or the very last scene in the movie.

A report has come in from a spotter in Chicago that while they were scoping out the filming, they saw Aaron Eckart walking into a building to do a scene. However, he wasnt just normally walking in. He was wearing a cloke and hood.

Then later on when Aaron exited the building, the spotter says that he saw a half scarred face.

So, if this information is true. Two-Face will be in The Dark Knight.

Speculation is that this will be a scene near the end or the very last scene in the movie.

It's been reported on a lot of sites that he will become Two-Face in the movie, but won't be an antagonistic villain in the movie. That will be reserved, much like The Joker from Batman Begins, for a lead into the next movie.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SuperKick Kid

Joker on the set: :eek:eek

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/typeorocks/TDK%20Set/joker5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/typeorocks/TDK%20Set/joker4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/typeorocks/TDK%20Set/joker3.jpg

Edited by SuperKick Kid