Fan Clubs | beta

Cloverfield

BRM

So as some of you may know this trailer has been airing before Transformers in the states.

Very little is known of the film apart from it's release date, and that J.J Abrams of Alias, Lost and MI:III fame is involved.

Anyone with any ideas?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens

I have a feeling it's going to deal with the end of the world from a normal persons POV.

Got to admit i am intrested in seeing what this is going to be like i loved alias, liked the first year of lost and didnt mind MI3. So more than likely i am going to be checking this out

Guest Nicole
I've seen one of the trailers from this film and it looks...cack. If it hadn't got the whole nostalgia thing surrounding it, I'm pretty sure that alot of the cinemas wouldn't have picked it up.

I talk about this in the newsletter this week.....I guess none of you read it then?

I read it. :)

Need to see it, about a giant monster. :D

[EDIT]: Read about that the monster may possibly be Voltron... or something like a Cthulu or somthing like that...

Edited by Reno

Guest Anime Otaku
When I first heard the monster I thought maybe it was a new Godzilla but the thing with the asteroids puts paid to that, then I read that the theories about the likes of Voltron are already being denied so it may be a unique monster. I hope it is as I am a big Smoky (monster in Lost) fan and hopefully this monster will be just as unusual, seems that way if those are asteroids.

Guest Redneck Messiah
I've heard that some of the release numbers have to do with bible passages that talk about somebody being bannished from heaven and comes to earth as a creature attacking us. Sorry if that was included in the newsletter but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I can gather the bible verse if anybody is interested.

Guest Al Stevens
I've heard that some of the release numbers have to do with bible passages that talk about somebody being bannished from heaven and comes to earth as a creature attacking us. Sorry if that was included in the newsletter but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I can gather the bible verse if anybody is interested.

Actually i wouldn't mind having a read of it.

Guest Redneck Messiah

I couldn't find the place where it was explained better but here's another one I found (Try to ignore the bad internet writing and spelling!). Not sure if they are onto something or not:

This is interesting. Props to Nathan from myspace comic books for this info:

"in the photo of the two girls ( 1-18-08 ) you can see the time 12:36 and the date 1-18-08. now if u hav a bible around ur house i think now is the excellent time to use it, open up yo REVELATIONS 12 and read 1-18. it talks about heaven, angels and a battle between a dragon which happens to be the devil. now the dragon loses and is sent to earth where he fights and is outraged becuz he knows his days of living are numbered.

Therefore rejoice, you heavens

and you who dwell in them!

But woe to the earth and the sea,

because the devil has gone down to you!

He is filled with fury,

because he knows that his time is short.

Now the section i told u to read stops at 17, but look wat verse 18 would have said which leads me to believe they are tlkin about the statue of liberty.

And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea."

Guest Anime Otaku
Having seen a clearer version of the video on Dailymotion I think that the monster may be atleast part mechanical as the noise it made seems somewhat organic but what I thought was an asteroid thats seen just before the Statue of Liberty's head flies into the street seems to actually be a missle of some description and it makes a kind of bleeping sound. Another thing that supports the part machine theory IMO is during the street part a man can be heard saying "I saw it! It's alive and it's huge" (need to check the exact phrase, I'm tempted to note down the full script of the trailer) which i don't think would need saying if it was a purely Biological. creature

Could this be a Metal Gear film then??

The trailer got a mention on The Chris Moyles show today.

This was sent to Ainitcool by JJ himself.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support of our little movie. I can't wait to talk to you more about it -- of course, knowing you, by the time we talk you'll know more than I will.

Regarding the online stuff you posted: yeah, we're doing some fun stuff on the web. But, obviously, if the movie doesn't kick some massive ASS, who gives a rat's about what's online? So as you can imagine, we're focusing mostly on THAT. For what it's worth, the only site of ours that people have even FOUND is the 1-18-08.com site. The others (like the Ethan Haas sites) have nothing to do with us.

Stay cool the rest of the summer -- and thanks per usual for AICN!

JJ

Edited by BRM

• 1 month later...
Guest Nemesis Enforcer

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6981/011808fr0thumbhc9.jpg

Fingers crossed this Trailer works

I got Total Film today and saw the poster for it for the first time, went online and this is all the info I can find, it seems that no-one knows well pretty much anything about this movie other then it has a code name of 'Cloverfield' and is produced by J.J Abrams (the guy who did Lost)

So what do the people of TWO know about it and what do you think of the trailer and poster?

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer