Fan Clubs | beta

Cloverfield

BRM

There was, I'm assuming, some liberties taken (mostly with the lifespan of a camcorder's battery).

The SD card (and camcorder as a whole) could easily have survived the rubble depending on how the bridge fell. It's the same way people survive; they end up in an air pocket.

I don't know if a camcorder can hold 7 hours on one tape, I don't think they make tapes that long but it can record for 7 hours with a fully charged battery. I know this because I get more than a day out of mine. I use it a lot as well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if a camcorder can hold 7 hours on one tape, I don't think they make tapes that long but it can record for 7 hours with a fully charged battery. I know this because I get more than a day out of mine. I use it a lot as well.
Yeah, but this was continual usage...

... plus there was also the torch being used, not to mention night-vision as well.

I know my mums will take about 6 hours in the day but as soon as you use the torch, it zaps it in a few hours.

Just a thought though-we don't know if they changed the battery or not. They might have.

I know my mums will take about 6 hours in the day but as soon as you use the torch, it zaps it in a few hours.

Just a thought though-we don't know if they changed the battery or not. They might have.

They may have changed the tape as well but I doubt it. If you were in a life and death situiation would you think of thinks like that. There is a small chance they could have grabbed camera batteries while they were getting the mobile batttery.

They may have changed the tape as well but I doubt it. If you were in a life and death situiation would you think of thinks like that. There is a small chance they could have grabbed camera batteries while they were getting the mobile batttery.
They didn't change the tape; that's pretty much guaranteed.

The very last thing on the tape is the end of the day out at Coney Island, so it's the same tape used throughtout. Besides, the brief at the start of the movie said this was a tape, not tapes, found at the old Central Park.

They didn't change the tape; that's pretty much guaranteed.

The very last thing on the tape is the end of the day out at Coney Island, so it's the same tape used throughtout. Besides, the brief at the start of the movie said this was a tape, not tapes, found at the old Central Park.

Actually that is true but they could have changed the battery.