Fan Clubs | beta

I Quit My Job!

Guest Gothic Angel

at least your getting a few certs for your money. I self studied the A+ using books and net resources which set me back about £200 all told including the exams. I'm interested in the fact that they guarntee a job at the end because the IT job market is not a bouyant one, if there are jobs most of them are against people who have practical experience on their side or for lower money ( a lot of literature gives salaries like 17-18K for helpdesk jobs where as realisticly it's between 13-15K for most people with no actual experience).

Like I said if they can get you it then your quids in becuase getting the job is probably the hardest bit of getting into IT. Certs will give you knowledge but it's very different than applying that knowledge to the real world.

Sorry if I'm being a downer but I've heard soooooo many horrible stories from people who got offered very similar deals and were either ripped off or were on very sub-standard courses. Just looking out for my TWO brothers! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa

Thanks, I appreciate it :good222:

Believe me I've been waiting for the catch since the first phonecall came. Just gotta sort the Learning trust application and I'm sorted.

I'm handing in my notice today or Wednesday (depends which managers are on - I want a specific manager to receive mine). I'm sick of being at a place where the managers are clueless, which means that the staff basically learn everything themselves because they aren't getting trained properly and then get reprimanded whenever they make a mistake that they should have been taught not to make. I'm sick of unprofessionalism, where managers will dress you down in public in front of customers, and where the managers will be arsey, and bring all their stress to you instead of directing it elsewhere, where it takes about 2 months to get your weekly pay sorted, where they give you shifts that they've been specifically told you can't do, but won't listen to you when you explain this, fob you off, and then will punish you for if you don't show up for it. And now our stand supervisor who gave her heart to this place has just walked out because she's sick of being walked all over by the managers, which killed morale.

Add that to the fact that I don't feel like I can even talk to any of the managers, feel like I'm about to get fired any day now, am not well-liked by them and would be first out since I was last in. I just dread going into the place now, and it has to stop. So here comes my notice :)

Guest Da Showstoppa
I'm handing in my notice today or Wednesday (depends which managers are on - I want a specific manager to receive mine). I'm sick of being at a place where the managers are clueless, which means that the staff basically learn everything themselves because they aren't getting trained properly and then get reprimanded whenever they make a mistake that they should have been taught not to make. I'm sick of unprofessionalism, where managers will dress you down in public in front of customers, and where the managers will be arsey, and bring all their stress to you instead of directing it elsewhere, where it takes about 2 months to get your weekly pay sorted, where they give you shifts that they've been specifically told you can't do, but won't listen to you when you explain this, fob you off, and then will punish you for if you don't show up for it. And now our stand supervisor who gave her heart to this place has just walked out because she's sick of being walked all over by the managers, which killed morale.

Add that to the fact that I don't feel like I can even talk to any of the managers, feel like I'm about to get fired any day now, am not well-liked by them and would be first out since I was last in. I just dread going into the place now, and it has to stop. So here comes my notice :)

Yep sounds like you should find alternate employment. I suggest agency work if you've not got anything lined up.