Fan Clubs | beta

Terminator 4: Rumours and News

Kam

Wont make any sense not having Arnie though, I mean in the future every single Terminator looks like him as has been said in the other movies, and now we will be seeing them look nothing like him, its a bit of a contradiction of what we have always been lead to believe.

Unless they only show the Terminators in their cyborg form, of course, OR dont use the T-101 and go for an earlier model.

I'm going to be classed as such a geek here, but not all the Terminators looked like Arnie.

The T800 is the endoskeleton and the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 is the outer skin. Even in the first movie there was a T800 with a different skin (the one that breaks into the stronghold and kills the two dogs). They would need to at least have a factory process line of the "Arnie skinned" models though, as this is where they find the one to reprogram for T2.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer

The only way I will watch this is if indeed as has been said is set in the future. The 3rd Terminator was pretty awful in my opinion and ruined it as a Trilogy.

Hopefully they could get Arnie to play some sort of Cameo role.

• 1 month later...

From AICN

Bruce Wayne is John Conner!!!

Hey folk Harry here. Just got off the phone with an extremely trusted source who has never been wrong before. he revealed exclusively to AICN that in the upcoming McG reboot, TERMINATOR SALVATION: The Future Begins, that they have cast CHRISTIAN BALE as none other than JOHN CONNER. you folks know what that means...

THIS IS GOING TO KICK ASS!!!

=============================================================

Hey folks, Harry here again... The above was posted by AICN's Behind-The-Scenes God, RoRo - as Time-Warner knocked out my internet this morning in a widespread pre-emptive strike to attempt to silence the news that Bruce Wayne was John Conner... But I want y'all to think about this for a second. McG has done more than just CHARLIE'S ANGELS - his film WE ARE MARSHALL was a very solid and tonally realistic film. Personally - I love what McG did with CHARLIE'S ANGELS - it was fun, kinetic and exactly what that version of CHARLIE'S ANGELS should be. Then there's the fact that he cast the T-1000 in WE ARE MARSHALL - which means, probably, he's a fan of T2 - or just has the coolness to just recognize that Robert Patrick is the ****. Either way - He's managed to cast Christian Bale in TERMINATOR SALVATION - and that's pretty huge.

We know Bale takes his **** seriously. And if you saw 3:10 TO YUMA... just imagine him coming out of his mountain and beginning the process of taking out SKYNET. With Bale as Conner - that means that we have a great chance that McG is pulling a chair up and will deliver. It all depends on that script... it is obvious we're dealing now with an adult, GREAT MILITARY LEADER storyline ... How he got the remnants of civilization together, trained them, armed them and began a guerilla war that eventually, we hope, brings down SKYNET.

I for one am anxious as hell to see this done right. Let's hope.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Personally, I REALLY liked T3, its possibly my favourite of the three, seriously. I'd give it a look if you have a night free with nothing to do, you might be surprised.

I took your advice - WOW!

I couldn't believe the whole point of the Terminator's mission was to ensure John Connor and Katherine alone survived Judgment Day (rather than the prevention of Judgment Day itself)

That ending is darker than Empire Strikes Back!

I wonder how T4 will start?

From the beginning of Judgment Day? or mid war?)

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
They should do what they did with Arnie, just sign up some bodybuilder and give him very very few lines to speak, after all he's a cyborg and has no emotions so doesn't need to be able to show any!

For me, T-2 was the perfect end to the story.

Really? They left enough hints n there that it wasnt over. Example being that the Cyberdine systems were created using the microchip taken from the arm of the origional terminator, then in T2 Arnie CLEARLY loses an arm that isnt destroyed with him at the end.

Either a nice hint or a masive plothole, you decide. :lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Either a nice hint or a masive plothole, you decide. :lol

Plothole that became a delibrate hint later when they realized they could use it to make a 3rd one connect well is what I think :lol

Or the retconned fact that Skynet was software and had no physical form to be destroyed in the first place, making all the chip-throwing, arm-melting, lost-arm-forgetting, T-800 sacrificing action of T2 all for nought.

Which had already been created before they blew everything up in the second movie.

I missed where it says that, as thats why they blew the labs; it was the only place the budding system existed. So blowing the labs took out the computer programme, then they belted the chips (forgetting Arnies arm).

I remember having this debate on a bus with you and you agreed with me. Did you rewatch the film and find I was wrong? :lol

edit:

looked it up on Wiki and found

As they escape the city, the Terminator tells her about the future of Skynet, the sentient computer that will destroy humans. He tells her about its creator, Miles Bennett Dyson (Joe Morton), who designs a learning computer that goes online on August 4, 1997. It begins learning at a geometric rate, and becomes self-aware at 2:14 am on August 29, 1997, launching nuclear missiles that destroy most of humanity.

Sarah Connor at Pescadero.Eventually, Sarah, John, and the Terminator arrive in the desert at Enrique Salceda’s camp, who has preserved an underground weapons cache in the event that the war actually happens. Sarah plans to take John and flee over the border into Mexico. While at the camp, she realizes that by killing Dyson, she can prevent Skynet from being invented, preventing the war with the machines. After she leaves, John and the Terminator figure out what she is going to do and take off after her. At Dyson's home, Sarah attempts to shoot him, but when she misses, she finds herself unable to kill him up close in front of his family. When John and the Terminator arrive, they inform Dyson of the consequences of his research. They convince him that they must destroy everything related to his chip design, including the CPU and arm from the previous Terminator.

Sarah, John, the Terminator, and Dyson break into the Cyberdyne building and retrieve the parts from the first Terminator. While preparing explosives to destroy everything else, security alerts the police who show up in force. When the SWAT team enters the building, they fatally shoot Dyson who stays behind to trigger the detonator.

So Skynet (the system) was delayed as the research on the initial chips was destroyed. But with the remaining chip (from the arm) they got it back up and history was only delayed by 6 years (is 6 years right? DC?).

Edited by Paul

I missed where it says that, as thats why they blew the labs; it was the only place the budding system existed. So blowing the labs took out the computer programme, then they belted the chips (forgetting Arnies arm).

I remember having this debate on a bus with you and you agreed with me. Did you rewatch the film and find I was wrong? :lol

edit:

looked it up on Wiki and found

So Skynet (the system) was delayed as the research on the initial chips was destroyed. But with the remaining chip (from the arm) they got it back up and history was only delayed by 6 years (is 6 years right? DC?).

There is nothing in the arm that relates to the chip. I have no idea where that comes from. The chip is a neural-net processor located inside the skull of the T800. The second chip was in Arnie's head when he was lowered into the steel. All they could have recovered from the steelworks was the broken-off arm, nothing more. This would mean they had no new chip to work from and worked off the original research.

The chip is the CPU.

Edited by DC

The arm is an arm, nothing more. It was used to "create" the alloy used in the manufacture of Skynet's army, but the chip is the CPU, as illustrated by the same physical design of the real CPU and the large model Dyson breaks with an axe.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

The reason I've enjoyed Vin Diesel in films like Pitch Black,Chronicles of Riddick and Triple X is because the guy is a genuinely tough git with charisma to boot (he was a bouncer before being discovered).

He'd kick all kinds of ass in an action heavy film like Terminator.

Batista was a bouncer and had his arse kicked by Booker T, so Vin being a bouncer means nowt.

I just don't think he'd be suited to a lead-role in the Terminator movie.

I assume no-one else has reported it yet, but the role of John Connor has been filled. And the GREAT MILITARY LEADER will be non-other than Batman himself.

That's right, Christian Bale has signed on to star in the movie.

The arm is an arm, nothing more. It was used to "create" the alloy used in the manufacture of Skynet's army, but the chip is the CPU, as illustrated by the same physical design of the real CPU and the large model Dyson breaks with an axe.

I was under the impression that Dyson used the arm to hep his designing of the Skynet systems.

I assume no-one else has reported it yet, but the role of John Connor has been filled. And the GREAT MILITARY LEADER will be non-other than Batman himself.

That's right, Christian Bale has signed on to star in the movie.

Post 23 in this thread bud. ;)