Fan Clubs | beta

Terminator 4: Rumours and News

Kam

A new poster for the movie has been photographed at the Amsterdam Cinema Expo. IMO, it looks pretty good and at least seems to be keeping the tone of the earlier movies.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x165/dravencage/T4.jpg

(The poster to the left is for the Keanu Reeve's starring remake of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. The film is due for release on December 12th, 2008).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Very good poster, just hoping that this film can live up to the first 2, if it is as good as 3 then I can't say I will complain too much

• 3 weeks later...

View the teaser trailer here.

I'm becoming more convinced that this could be a really good movie. McG seems to have created a suitably gloomy atmosphere and I love the little touch in the trailer of having the static become the beginning of the signature Terminator theme (stupidly left out of Terminator 3).

The robot at the end looks like it's a T-1, but I would assume I'm wrong and it's actually a big f*cking robot.

Another good ploy is to focus on Christian Bale in the trailer (seeing as how he is super-hot from the Batman hype) even though he is not the main focus of the picture.

• 3 weeks later...
No Arnold = no interest from me.
He will be in it in some capacity; Arnold has given the movie permission to use his voice and likeness.

Helena Bonham Carter has been discussing her role in the film...

Helena Bonham Carter On Terminator 4

She's playing 'a very bad person'

Source: Sci-Fi Wire

05 August 2008

As movie news goes, this is but a crumb. But since news stories in the movie world today are rarer than glowing Mummy 3 reviews, we thought we'd bring you what we can.

Sci-Fi Wire recently spoke with Helena Bonham Carter and prodded her for news of who she'll be playing in the upcoming Terminator: Salvation. Her reply was, "I kind of play a baddie, definitely a baddie...I don't know how much I'm allowed to say, but I'm a very bad person."

And that's about it. We don't know what kind of baddie, but feel free to speculate away. In the meantime, we'll be off to give Hollywood a kick up the backside and see if they can come up with something more exciting tomorrow.

Olly Richards

Credit: http://www.empireonline.com

This is interesting, as there are a few characters from the novels that she could be playing. It could also be a brand-new character. Or she could be the voice of SkyNet. Or she could be...

Guest Dave7g
I enjoyed T2 for the 5 minutes Guns n' Roses were playing, I actually can't believe they are still making these. What a rubbish Terminator, just terminate already damnit, do your job.

Not at first! I guess it fits.:lol
This won't look like the other movies in regards to the fact this set post-Judgement Day, whereas all the others were set in the "present".

I'll admit, when I heard McG was directing this, I was disappointed, but having seen some footage (as well as the trailer itself), interviews McG's done and the cast list (Christian Bale, Helena Bonham Carter, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington), I have a reserved optimism surrounding T4.

As for the lack of Arnie; he will be in the movie in some form or another (most likely just as flashbacks or as images on a screen) as he has given permission for the film to use his likeness in any way they see fit.

Also, Roland Kickinger has been cast as the prototype T-800 model and he is another Austrian (who has also played Arnold in a movie of his life and was recommended by him as being suitable for the role).

I feel good about the prospects of the movie.

Guest Nicole
I think the movie is taking shape. They have got a good cast in, and the idea sounds good. It's going to take a damn good script to keep me interested though, I never actually felt the need to watch the war.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer

Bale doesn't sign up to any old **** film so I am guessing the script etc is very good and can't wait to see this.

By the way Terminator 3 was pretty bad.

I love the end of Terminator 3 (when the bombs start to fall); I think it's beautifully shot and is very emotionally scored and narrated.

I also like the moment SKYNET goes online and the T-1s (prototypes for the Hunter-Killers and not the infiltration units) start rampaging.

• 4 weeks later...