Fan Clubs | beta

Terminator 4: Rumours and News

Kam

From Digital Spy:

Vin Diesel to become new Terminator?

Thursday, October 4 2007, 16:34 BST

By Kimberley Dadds

Vin Diesel is reportedly in talks with producers to sign up as the lead character in the new Terminator movie.

If the xXx actor agrees to the part he would resurrect the titular character, a robot assassin that was portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first three films.

Diesel has already reportedly signed up to return to his role of racer Dominic Torretto in The Fast and the Furious 4 this year.

Meanwhile O.C. executive producer McG has been linked to directing Terminator 4.

The fourth instalment of the saga is due for release in 2009.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku
Sounds not bad, I enjoyed The Fast and the Furious, xXx and the bits of Pitch Black I have seen, I also heard good things about the chronicles of Riddick. I also love the Charlie's Angels movies, though that may partly down to be Lucy Liu in leather in the first and not much at all (see avatar) in the second. McG does know about filming good action scenes as both CA movies have great fights and action sequences.

McG should be kept as far away from this movie as possible.

EDIT - It's doubtful Vin Diesel will actually do this movie. He's definately doing The Fast & The Furious 4, and both movies are being rushed through so as to be finished before the big strike takes place. That means both movies will need to be finished by June 2008, and with both movies being effects-heavy (T4 more obviously), that will be a very tall order to accomplish on time.

Edited by DC

Guest The Joker
How awful. This man was in The Pacifier. It's not even worth doing Terminator 4 if they are going to ask people like this to be in it.

Kindergarten Cop...?

Guest Kanenite
Diesel's a good actor, I enjoyed his role in Fast and the Furious. Him as Terminator is a bit of a strange one though, i'll see how it pans out.

I hate Vin Diesel. Literally hate the man, never met him but I have significant feelings of irrational hatred towards him. Get The Rock to do it, Arnie passed the torch to him in 'Welcome to the Jungle.'
The Rock has gone on record and said the role is "not what he's looking for now". According to our Dwayne, he's not an action star anymore, but a serious actor. It's the same reason he gave for knocking back the sequel to The Scorpion King.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Not sure how I feel about T4 being made actually, I just can't imagine a Terminator movie without Arnie as the lead role of the T-800 it just doesn't seem to sit right in my mind

I'd rarther see an unknown actor take the role of T-800 or what ever new name they give the cyborg much like they did with Superman Returns

Guest Da Showstoppa
Not sure how I feel about T4 being made actually, I just can't imagine a Terminator movie without Arnie as the lead role of the T-800 it just doesn't seem to sit right in my mind

I'd rarther see an unknown actor take the role of T-800 or what ever new name they give the cyborg much like they did with Superman Returns

I really think they've destroyed the Terminator franchise enough. I still have never seen T3, nor do I want to. For me, T-2 was the perfect end to the story and I feel that if T-3 was inferior (which I've heard it is) then I feel it would undo the effect of T-2. The first alarm bells were ringing when the rating "12a" was mentioned.

I think the TV series "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is also a bad move. Like Cameron needs the money.

As for Diesel, he is a powerful presence and I think 2 Fast 2 Furious really suffered without him. I hope Fast n Furious 4 is as good as the original.

Knowing what people are like in these overly-PC times, the next Terminator will logicall be black. I mean, they've done the original, then the sequal, then the woman Terminator. Now they "need" a black one.

For me, it just didn't sit right having Kristiana Loken (??) play a female Terminator. Now, a female Terminator works fine for me, but she was probably the least intimidating evil villan in any major movie franchise.

Arnie rocked Terminators 1, 2 and 3. Rob Patrick has a weird, "psycho postman child molester" stare about him, so he made a really menacing shape-shifter. Coincidentally, Odo from Deep Space 9 looks like a child molester so that intensely weird look works.

Loken, though, was just too damned pretty and keen to play a Terminator. For any Terminator to really work well, the actor has to look at ease with being very, very hard indeed. That person has to know that if you messed with them then they will fudge you up. Loken just didn't look like that, ever, even with all the FX.

They need a woman like Ivory, or Trinity, or even Beth Phoenix to play a female Terminator. They are built like tanks but still remain rather foxy, but legit look like they could kill you.

I can't help feeling that they can only ruin T4, no matter who they cast.

Cheers!

Knowing what people are like in these overly-PC times, the next Terminator will logicall be black. I mean, they've done the original, then the sequal, then the woman Terminator. Now they "need" a black one.

For me, it just didn't sit right having Kristiana Loken (??) play a female Terminator. Now, a female Terminator works fine for me, but she was probably the least intimidating evil villan in any major movie franchise.

Arnie rocked Terminators 1, 2 and 3. Rob Patrick has a weird, "psycho postman child molester" stare about him, so he made a really menacing shape-shifter. Coincidentally, Odo from Deep Space 9 looks like a child molester so that intensely weird look works.

Loken, though, was just too damned pretty and keen to play a Terminator. For any Terminator to really work well, the actor has to look at ease with being very, very hard indeed. That person has to know that if you messed with them then they will fudge you up. Loken just didn't look like that, ever, even with all the FX.

They need a woman like Ivory, or Trinity, or even Beth Phoenix to play a female Terminator. They are built like tanks but still remain rather foxy, but legit look like they could kill you.

I can't help feeling that they can only ruin T4, no matter who they cast.

Cheers!

Chyna was mooted to be the TX in T3 for a while.

You mention that the next Terminator, due to the PC climate will be black. Did you know that the original Terminator was going to be black? OJ Simpson was up for the role (as was Lance Henrikson), with Arnie in the frame to play Reece. Why, I hear you ask, was OJ not selected? God's honest truth, it was because the producers thought that no-one would believe OJ could be a killer.

Guest The Beltster
I still have never seen T3, nor do I want to. For me, T-2 was the perfect end to the story and I feel that if T-3 was inferior (which I've heard it is)
Personally, I REALLY liked T3, its possibly my favourite of the three, seriously. I'd give it a look if you have a night free with nothing to do, you might be surprised.

Chyna was mooted to be the TX in T3 for a while.

You mention that the next Terminator, due to the PC climate will be black. Did you know that the original Terminator was going to be black? OJ Simpson was up for the role (as was Lance Henrikson), with Arnie in the frame to play Reece. Why, I hear you ask, was OJ not selected? God's honest truth, it was because the producers thought that no-one would believe OJ could be a killer.

:lol:lol:lol

sickpwnd

Instead they chose a politician.

Personally, I REALLY liked T3, its possibly my favourite of the three, seriously. I'd give it a look if you have a night free with nothing to do, you might be surprised.
I really liked it as well. Not as good as T1 or T2 (which isn't a bad thing, as both those movies are ace), but with a fantastically bleak ending that sets the tone for what's to come.

I'm also looking forward to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles starting on Virgin 1.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I really liked it as well. Not as good as T1 or T2 (which isn't a bad thing, as both those movies are ace), but with a fantastically bleak ending that sets the tone for what's to come.
Yeah I enjoyed it too much like you and Belty did I don;t see why it got a relativly bad press from some people

I'm also looking forward to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles starting on Virgin 1.
Any idea when that starts DC?

Taken from totalfilm.com

Warners launches Terminator Salvation

A whole new trilogy kicks off.

10 Oct 2007 1:42pm

Now that a load of legal wrangling and script development is out of the way, Warner Brothers has announced that the company has signed a deal to distribute the next instalment of the Terminator franchise.

But rather than being just another sequel, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins will aim to re-invent the cyborg-battling series with a new storyline. "The third film was really the conclusion of what happened in the 'now.' You will find the most-loved characters, but the intention here is to present a fresh new world and have this be the first of a trilogy," blabbed Terminator 3 executive producer Moritz Borman, who is part of the team shepherding the next film to the screen.

And if you're wondering what we can expect, try full-on destruction.

"This is set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind," added financier Derek Anderson.

The new movie will be the same size as Terminator 3, but will apparently cost a lot less. Studios seem to like it that way. There's no director or cast set yet, but it seems unlikely that T3's John Connor - Nick Stahl - will return, what with the whole re-booting idea. We do know, however, that the producers are using the script written by John Brancato and Michael Ferris.

Oh, and as for an Arnie cameo? The producers say they've left the door open for the idea, but the Governator might be a little busy.

Source: Variety

Now this sounds like a good idea. Everything in part 3 was leading to the "future-war", and now it's here. The very last frame of the last part should be John Connor sending Kyle Reese back through the displacement field, which then creates a closed-loop for all six movies.

Guest The Beltster

Wont make any sense not having Arnie though, I mean in the future every single Terminator looks like him as has been said in the other movies, and now we will be seeing them look nothing like him, its a bit of a contradiction of what we have always been lead to believe.

Unless they only show the Terminators in their cyborg form, of course, OR dont use the T-101 and go for an earlier model.