Martial Arts

Lesnar vs Mir UFC 81

Guest carlito is cool

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens
Brock made one rookie mistake, but man brock looked impressive and i do believe that in time Brock will be a great MMA fighter, his ground and pound game is a lot better than his first fight (which i saw on Veoh) and he isn't a man he is a walking battle tank with flesh colored paint

Guest Zac Efron

Lesnar looked massive! his shoulders are so wide.

I thought he looked great takedown was great and some nice ground and pound.

Guest Ravenmark

I loved Griffin-Tibau.

Tibau might've took that on points, but whatever. I love Griffin so who cares.

Brock is going to be a real force in UFC and he's ready - it was a rookie mistake and had he not got stood up for the blow to the back of the head, I think he might have won.

Guest PHIZZLE

Its his first fight he prob should have worked his way up to fighting Mirr looked like he has alot of potential though

Kurt Angle should have came in and hit Mirr with a steel chair though and saved him lol

Guest Danny Styles

Guarentee if Lesnar hadn't made the mistake of the punch to the back of the head he would have one, the ref was ready to pull him off and half the crowd thought it was over.

It was inexpereience that hurt him but he'll get over it

Kurt Angle should have came in and hit Mirr with a steel chair though and saved him lol

Angle has a bad history of trying to get into cages with Lesnar

Guest Gooneronastick
Was I the only one that thought at points in the fight that Lesnar wasn't quite sure what to try next. There was a moment when Mir was on his back with legs in the air, I'm sure Brock thought of putting him the sharpshooter!!!

Guest Zac Efron
Really ??

Do tell

Well there was that Smackdown when Lesnar had Heyman on his shoulders about to hit the F5 and Angle was supposed to make the save but he couldnt get in the door and he was trying for a good couple of minutes whilst Brock was pacing around with Heyman looking stupid when Kurt eventually climbed over. It was pure wrestlecrap.

Well there was that Smackdown when Lesnar had Heyman on his shoulders about to hit the F5 and Angle was supposed to make the save but he couldnt get in the door and he was trying for a good couple of minutes whilst Brock was pacing around with Heyman looking stupid when Kurt eventually climbed over. It was pure wrestlecrap.

I'm sure it's on youtube or dailymotion. Mark Henry screwed it up even worse. He was supposed to rip open the padlock on a cage door, and ended up yanking on the hinge side, shaking the entire cage until the guys inside couldn't pretend they didn't notice any longer. I think the ref had to come over and tell him how to get in. :lol

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to see this fight this morning, and even though he lost, Brock Lesnar let the UFC guys know he's not going to be a pushover.

Nice to see Steve Austin getting a huge pop at a shoot-fighting event, lol.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Early PPV buyrate estimates for UFC 81 (Brock Lesnar's debut) are around 600,000 domestic buys. If that figure is accurate, UFC 81 will be the 5th most ordered PPV event in company history. It is very possible that number could sell more domestically than the upcoming Wrestlemania XXIV show.

An interesting fact is that Brock Lesnar's UFC debut drew more buys than Wrestlemania 19, when Brock Lesnar wrestled against Kurt Angle in the main event. That show did a final number of 560,000 buys worldwide.

As far how much of an impact Lesnar had on the event's huge PPV success, industry sources estimate that the event would have drawn approximately 325,000 buys if Lesnar was not featured and Tim Sylvia vs. Antonio Rodrigo was the main attraction.

Lesnar received a lot of heat for the money he earned in his first UFC contest ($250,000). Now that the numbers are in, it's clear that he could have earned 10 times that amount and UFC would have still made a killing off his debut

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I think Brock's future in MMA is very bright. I believe you will see a very focused Brock return to UFC shortly and the scary thing is; he can only get better!

I agree with most on the fight, silly mistake and he was punished for it.

I'm not sure he had Mir beat with the fists but certainly it looked like he had him exactly where he wanted him.