Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Lesnar vs Mir UFC 81

Guest carlito is cool

Guest carlito is cool
Brock Lesnar is set to face former world champ Frank Mir at UFC 81 in Feburary. Mir has never been the same since his motorbike accident a few years back but this is still an extremely risky fight for Brock. Dana is risking having Brock exposed in his very first fight on the contrary if Brock wins Mir is a good name for anyones resume.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SimonJamesJones

judging by how bad Mir looked last time I saw him I don't see much risk at all. That said, if we get the good Mir it's a different story but I really don't expect that to happen. If Brock uses his strengths Mir should start gassing after about 30 seconds and it'll be an easy win.

Dana's already proven that he has no quarms about exposing some of the big names in favour of putting out great, exciting fights, as most of the Pride guys that have come over have already looked like numpty's having their asses handed to them and losing major credibility.

• 4 weeks later...
It's the old "name value" situation. Similar to when Lewis defeated Mike Tyson, all people will remember is that Lewis beat Tyson, not that Lewis defeated a sub-par past his prime Mike Tyson.

• 1 month later...
I'm really looking forward to the entire show, this fight in particular. I'm hoping for a Lesnar win, but you never know. Should be good.

Guest The Beltster
I'm hoping for a Lesnar loss, anything to get him back in WWE so there is somebody there I give a sh*t about watching main event.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
When will it be on Bravo?

Bravo on Sunday evening oer here.
9pm start on Bravo Sunday 3rd Feb for us in the UK (just to add to what BRM said) :)

PS for those asking for a vBookie: I have sent the odds from Paddypower to DS should Jack not make a thread :)

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer