Fan Clubs | beta

RIP Heath Ledger

Red05

Guest Al Stevens
This is going to make things quite awkward for the Batman producers.

I would have thought they would have had all the stuff regarding the joker rapped up. The only thing they would need to worry about is if they are going to do another film with the joker who will they cast

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow
I say bring out the Batman movie, as a mark of respect for the all the work that Heath alone put into the project. Just don't have it like they are making money of this and see it as a mark of respect.

The guy was a huge talent, he had the potential to move on from Brokeback AND his turn as the Joker and become something greater still in Hollywood.

Even back in days where he was in 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knights Tale he still kicked ass on screen and was the best thing about every film he has been in.

Even Ned Kelly and The Brothers Grimm where good films where his talent shone through...

Also mucho respect to the man who has bagged Michelle Williams, Heather Graham and Naomi Watts in his life time as well.

R.I.P. Heath and our thoughts to your family and little Matilda Rose who is just over two years old.

RIP.

Edited by Evil Gringo

As in the one that is forever intertwined with death and as a result no one will look back on the other excellent roles he played in many different genres of film such as comedy aside from his dramatic tour de force in Brockback?

Pretty much will be I reckon IF the movie is released whilst this is still REALLY in the public mindset and if he kicks ass in it like Lee did in Crow.

it is like John Candy is linked forever with Cool Runnings as he died three weeks after it was shot
Really? I always think of him as Uncle Buck.

With the comparison between Heath/Joker and Brandon/Crow, I was going more for it being the role that shows how good an actor this guy could be if he didn't pass on.

It's a damn shame.

Guest SuperKick Kid
Really? I always think of him as Uncle Buck.

I was about to say that.

Anyway, I've heard that it may be accidental or something. There isn't anything the police are finding that indicate that he was planning on suicide. No note or anything.

Guest Al Stevens

Depends on the sort of overdose. I know that is going to sound stupid however if someone say does a line of coke while bored stupid then of course more is going to go on and on and on until a overdose happens. Or he could have had a bad supply of drugs or medication which killed him.

The fact that there wasn't a note shows that it wasn't a suicide which is great news

Guest Redneck Messiah
He was absolutely outstanding in Brokeback Mountain and all the other films I've seen him in. I'm very sad with the news. RIP :sad:

Guest bigmatt
Heath Ledger is found dead in US

Brokeback Mountain earned Ledger numerous award nominations

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a residence in downtown Manhattan.

"He was found unconscious at the apartment and pronounced dead," the New York Police Department said, adding that pills were found near the body.

Police are reportedly investigating if the Australian actor, who earned an Oscar nomination for Brokeback Mountain, died of a drug overdose.

The 28-year-old was found dead in the flat at around 1530 (2030 GMT).

Police said they did not suspect foul play and that his body had been discovered surrounded by pills.

'Pills'

"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," police spokesman Paul Browne told Reuters news agency. "There were pills within the vicinity of the bed."

The BBC's Matthew Price in New York says the exact cause of death was still being investigated, but suicide has not been ruled out.

Police, journalists and crowds of fans are outside the Broome Street apartment in the fashionable SoHo area.

Investigators said Ledger had been due to have a massage at the flat.

HAVE YOUR SAY Terrible to see his young daughter lose her father. I've been looking forward to seeing him in the new Batman movie

Mark, Houston

Send us your commentsThe housekeeper went to tell him the masseuse had arrived and found him dead on Tuesday afternoon.

The medical examiner's office said an autopsy would be carried out on Wednesday.

In September the Perth-born actor split from his girlfriend Michelle Williams, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda.

She played his wife in 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

The film's director Ang Lee said Ledger's performance had been a "miracle" of acting, echoing a young Marlon Brando.

He won an Oscar nomination for his role as a gay cowboy in the film but the award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for his role as Truman Capote.

Ledger starred in I'm Not There, as one of several actors in a role representing singer Bob Dylan.

He also plays the Joker in yet-to-be-released Batman film, The Dark Knight.

Ledger also starred in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot, and played a suicidal son in Monster's Ball.

BBC News

I can't believe it,he was a talented actor and seemed a really good guy.I believe he would have went on to become a really good actor.

Just watched the latest on this on CNN's Larry King and apparently the police are not viewing his apartment as a crime scene. Prescription and over the counter sleeping pills were found and they think it might be accidental. It is a sad loss. RIP

The fact that there wasn't a note shows that it wasn't a suicide which is great news
That doesn't mean anything. There are hundreds of suicides were there are no notes left (Benoit's for example).

I don't believe this was suicide, but the fact there was no note is not a factor.