Fan Clubs | beta

RIP Heath Ledger

Red05

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugh theres a horrible rumour on the net that a Christian group is planning to picket his funeral over his role in Brokeback. Sick and wrong, if there is a God, surely he'd condemn a group doing such a thing? The mind boggles.

Guest Zac Efron
Yeah I have heard this too but I think he will be okay because it I think is being held in Australia so dont let those evil simple freaks fly GW!

If its the church I'm thinking of, the Church does usually pay to fly it's members to do various pickets, so theres a chance they could end up there.

It's the church that Louis Theroux did the documentary on from what I've heard, the Westboro Baptist church. They do picket soldiers funerals so it could well be.

Guest bigmatt
Is that the same church who picketed the dead soldiers funerals? If it is, Keith Allen did a wonderful documentary on them last year.

Yeah I saw that,he did a great job and wasn't frightened to tell them what he thought of their beliefs,whilst giving them time to react to his points.The change of some of the people involved over the course of the documentary was great to see.

As for the Heath Ledger funeral,the irony of the acts of hatred,judgement and predjudice are lost on these fanatics.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Was very shocked to hear of his death last night

Post-mortem results on Hollywood star Heath Ledger have proved inconclusive, US authorities have said.

A spokesman for the medical examiner's office said further tests are needed and could take around ten days.

The Oscar-nominated actor was found dead on Tuesday in his apartment in New York.

The police are treating his death as possibly drug-related and sleeping pills were found close to his body.

There are also unconfirmed reports that the Brokeback Mountain actor was suffering from pneumonia at the time of his death.

Ledger was discovered at 3.26pm local time by his housekeeper when she tried to wake him for his appointment to have a massage.

He was found face down at the foot of his bed and prescription pills were lying nearby.

In Australia, Ledger's father Kim spoke of his family's grief and said the actor's death was accidental.

'We, Heath's family can confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda,' Mr Ledger said in Perth.

'He was a down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving, unselfish individual who was extremely inspirational to many.'

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said the country had lost one of its top actors.

He said: 'Heath Ledger's diverse and challenging roles will be remembered as some of the great performances by an Australian actor.'

Fellow Australian star Nicole Kidman said it was a 'terrible tragedy' and sent her condolences to Ledger's family while Mel Gibson, who played his vengeful father in The Patriot, said: 'I had such great hope for him.'

The star was reported last year to have broken up with his longtime companion, actress Michelle Williams, who played his wife in Brokeback Mountain and was the real-life mother of the actor's young daughter, Matilda.

Ms Williams is travelling back from Sweden to New York and her father said: 'Tennyson got it right in the poem when he described someone as having died at a young age but burning the candles at both ends, and oh what a beautiful flame he made.'

Ledger is currently starring in I'm Not There, one of several actors playing a role representing Bob Dylan, and had just finished playing The Joker in the next Batman film, The Dark Knight.

Ledger's other film credits included A Knight's Tale, Monster's Ball and Ten Things I Hate About You.

© Independent Television News Limited 2008. All rights reserved.

Guest Zac Efron
Wouldnt you love it if they all approach the funeral and there is just lines and lines of fans standing in a line in thier way and chase them and beat the snot out of them.

Guest Al Stevens

i know this is slightly off topic and all that however i am highly supprised that the conflict that they have faced hasn't resulted in one of them or all of them being killed.

Put it like this IF it was my son who decided to fight for my country and they was saying half the **** they did i would risk being arrested to killing them or one of them so they know how it feels

i know this is slightly off topic and all that however i am highly supprised that the conflict that they have faced hasn't resulted in one of them or all of them being killed.

Put it like this IF it was my son who decided to fight for my country and they was saying half the **** they did i would risk being arrested to killing them or one of them so they know how it feels

Here here. If your son or daughter dies fighting for their country, then as a parents having to go through the kind of abuse those revolting people shout, i'm shocked nothing violent has happened.

Guest Zac Efron
I would love to personally be there at the funeral just to beat the snot put of those punk ass bitches "we hate fags" will I hate you ya damn ugly hic followed by a punch to the throat so I would have to hear her damn voice again then i would go Chuck Norris on them.

It those fools show up and picket a load of people should get together and kick the **** outta them.

This isnt the first time they have picketed, the problem is when trouble ensues, the police are obligated to intervene, meaning that the protesting group escapes before any escalation and subsequent deserved beating occurs.

Ah, the Phelps family, irony personifed. On a side note, Louis Theroux is awesome.