Fan Clubs Network

SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 - Details On WWE's New Videogame

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Chriscare
After reading most of these posts now I REALLY can't wait until my birthday :lol.

Would anyone mind giving more info on what online modes there are or just what online's like generally?

There's pretty much ranked or unranked matches. But I have a good fast connection and but the lag makes a lot of them unplayable. I've nothing good to say about the online play really.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr. ZERO
There's pretty much ranked or unranked matches. But I have a good fast connection and but the lag makes a lot of them unplayable. I've nothing good to say about the online play really.

Ahh thank ye'! But I have one last question!

Is there anything along the lines of CAW swapping online (possibly Create-a-finisher or Highlight Reel swapping) like there was in 2008?

The following was sent in via email from THQ:

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 - Create-A-Superstar Career Patch

This e-mail is to inform you that an official patch to address certain functionality related to the Create-A-Superstar feature in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is scheduled to be released online for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles before 1/31/09. The patch will allow fans of the leading fighting videogame franchise to give all of their created Superstars full attributes after completing the new Career Mode one time through. Given the overall popularity of the Create-A-Superstar feature and the fans' ongoing demand for more flexibility, this new patch will greatly enhance the player's ability to fully customize many created Superstars at the same time.

Guest ScottyB

Just finished Jericho's RTWM, and while I won't spoil the storyline, I wish things like that happened in real life wrestling.

Oh, and WM24 was held in Portland, Oregon according to the game :roll

And they've dona a good job of covering Shane O's Grey hairs.

Guest Chriscare

Yea I thought Jericho's storyline was brilliant. If it introduce a new character or a turn or something then it'd have been even better, but obviously they can't really do that in the game.

Didn't like Undertakers storyline, and Cena's hasnt interested me much yet.

Guest Chriscare
Is there anything along the lines of CAW swapping online (possibly Create-a-finisher or Highlight Reel swapping) like there was in 2008?

There's highlight Reel swapping, and I reckon they'll deffo do create a finisher swapping in a patch at some point.

No CAW swapping though, i reckon with the Downloadable content it maybe something they'll avoid in case someone freely creates who they're trying to sell.

Guest MojoPogo
I think we can safely say, big improvement on last year then? Not perfect still..but the day they make a perfect game is the day they stop making games is suppose.

I have been playing around with it in Exibition Mode, and I am really happy that there are now Tag Team Finishers. I also beat Mark Henry in an Inferno Match with the Boogeyman, and the Boogeyman is now my ECW Champion. I beat Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes in an Elimination Tag Match with Cryme Tyme, and Cryme Time are now my World Tag Team Champions. I expect I will do some more title shifting soon, I know I can do it with the Roster Editor, but I prefer to win the titles in a match.

Altogether, I am enjoying this game 110% more than last years. :)

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I think we can safely say, big improvement on last year then? Not perfect still..but the day they make a perfect game is the day they stop making games is suppose.
Oh yeah its a massive improvement on last year, this one actually seems finished unlike '08

I've finished all the RTWM stories and enjoyed each one. As for created finishers, I made "real" moves for Raven, Justin Credible, Jerry Lynn, etc and made a few for my own characters that I really like.

Comparing this year's to last year's, it's hard to believe they made such an improvement within the span of one game.

Well my online still doesn't work properly, so I can't really praise it. I spent last night trying to fight some guy who refused to beat me until I was bleeding, which took over ten minutes, whilst I tried to get my wrestler to do something, which was so laggy I barely had the chance to move.

So I gave up and watched Top Gear for a bit, came back and he was still beating me. Loser.

Guest MojoPogo
I hear the online is gay. Is this true?

In that it involves a romp around the room to thumping house music? No. If you mean its laggy...then it can be. I've had no problems thus far though.

In that it involves a romp around the room to thumping house music? No. If you mean its laggy...then it can be. I've had no problems thus far though.

That's racist against house music. Is it as bad as PES 2008? I can live with that.

Guest The Beltster
Yeah the online is sh*t. The lag is unbearable, you hit the button and 3 seconds later your character starts to do it, by which time you have had the p*ss beat out of you :lol