Fan Clubs | beta

SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 - Details On WWE's New Videogame

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Guest Chriscare
Does anyone have any idea what the DLC is like? I mean, is it just someone who looks like Evan Bourne, but has none of his mannerisms. Is he gonna be doing HIS shooting star press, or just a shooting star press? Is it literally just a good CAW?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any idea what the DLC is like? I mean, is it just someone who looks like Evan Bourne, but has none of his mannerisms. Is he gonna be doing HIS shooting star press, or just a shooting star press? Is it literally just a good CAW?

Well, as far as I know (Which isn't a great deal), I would assume that it would probably come with only a few of his signature moves, such as his standing moonsault. I believe that Bourne's finisher will be the same SSP that Paul London has in the game.

As for the others, I'd also assume that Charlie Haas will have the Haas Of Pain as it's hidden far, far away on the disc away from prying eyes. But his character model looks AWFUL.

And as for Ted DiBiase, I don't care about his moves, just as long as it comes with the Priceless theme, I'm happy.

Guest Rampage

They have all their movesets, and Ted and Evan look awesome, Charlie looks terrible tho.

Here are the entrances for the DLC.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DnQL6HjEHI4&feature=related

And heres a match with Ted vs Evan Bourne, it has his standing moonsault so thats good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRY9m7ZEGs&feature=related

I think it looks all good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chriscare
Is anyone any good at this game online? I considered myself good at the game until I played it online and I've been getting owned by most people. They'll (being every single person, no matter how high the rank) literally reverses every single grapple (so i'm left punching the whole match) but my grapple and finisher reversals are always pretty hit and miss.

Guest MojoPogo
Is anyone any good at this game online? I considered myself good at the game until I played it online and I've been getting owned by most people. They'll (being every single person, no matter how high the rank) literally reverses every single grapple (so i'm left punching the whole match) but my grapple and finisher reversals are always pretty hit and miss.

you're the same as me then, i've never been able to master the countering at Smackdown. yet, im great at countering at FPW...

Guest Jayfunk

worst part of the game so far is the season part when you go after all the belts the first 6 or 8 belts are stupidly easy, i mean i never got pinned once then the last two gets stupidly hard with every other move countered, Its bad as it should have gotten harder has it went along not go straight from easy to hard in one level.

Also why the hell os there the Cruiserwieght and hardcore belts? utterly pointless

so far the game isn't amazing. Its much better than TNA Impact granted but not a hell of a lot better that SVR2008 either!

Guest Chriscare

If anyone wants to add play me on PS3 my nickname is MrVengeance23

worst part of the game so far is the season part when you go after all the belts the first 6 or 8 belts are stupidly easy, i mean i never got pinned once then the last two gets stupidly hard with every other move countered, Its bad as it should have gotten harder has it went along not go straight from easy to hard in one level.

Yea I thought that was odd, I was so used to the computer not actually attacking me I was caught off guard in the world title matches. It's such a bitch to get your stats up though, finished career through and i'm only on about 76

Also why the hell os there the Cruiserwieght and hardcore belts? utterly pointless
Utterly pointless is a bit much, don't you think? Not having any titles to go after (like with TNA) is more pointless.

Guest Jayfunk
Utterly pointless is a bit much, don't you think? Not having any titles to go after (like with TNA) is more pointless.

Smackdown is a sim. The CW title and hardcore are not on TV and are not being used, so why are they in the game....its pointless

Guest Chriscare
Smackdown is a sim. The CW title and hardcore are not on TV and are not being used, so why are they in the game....its pointless

I'm not sure a game, that acts like wrestling is a competitive sport when wrestling is in reality a competitive artform/entertainment, can be classed as a sim. If it were a sim the "opponents" would be working together and the goal would be to just get a good crowd response. I'd love an actual wrestling sim.

I figured out why I can't reverse online, Lag! Reversing stuff with lag and climbing the cage with lag is sooooo difficult, but there seems so few uk players that it cant be avoided.