Fan Clubs | beta

Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots

Guest JC

So yeah it's out on June 12th folks. I'm very surprised nobody hasn't mentioned yet as to me it's probably the biggest game to come out this year (unless you are a 'GTA fanboy til I die!' I guess).

Anyway I've personally got my copy pre-ordered and really can't wait to play the final chapter of the series.

To me Metal Gear Sold in terms of the entire series is unrivalled when it comes to complex plots and my opinion is that only Silent Hill 2 beats all three MGS's to the award of best story delievery.

I could go on but I have feeling nobody on this forum gives a toss about this huge release.

So who's getting this?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Man Beast
I will more than likely get this, Won't pre order it or anything, If I can't get it on the 12th won't be to pushed.

Just to note every review (only 5 or 6 so far) for has given it pretty much 10/10 with one group of journalists who reviewed the game noted as 'crying their eyes out' when the credits rolled.

With the speculation all being over whether Snake will die; I'm assuming it won't be pretty or else a very nostalgic end.

Guest Al Stevens

Per ordered it today (however i have a nasty feeling that i will be at Download when it's released) however i am sure i can send my mom to pick it up. For me this is going to make or break the PS3 personally.

I swear if this makes me cry i am hunting down Hideo personally and shaking the mans hand

Guest Reno
I am definetly getting, it's the main reason as to why I got my PS3. I'm going to pre-order it next week when I get some cash.

Guest Reno
Reno head to game they do the pre order for nothing :xyx

Ah awesome, gonna try and bribe my mum to take me there tomorrow. :lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I will be getting the game for sure when its released, but I won't be pre-order it as I have limited funds and want to see where it is going to be cheapest before I buy it, so will be buying it on release date but not sure where from just yet

I have ordered GTA4 alongside my PS3 just for something to play until June 12th but having played it at my friends house, I really can't see me sticking with it.

GTA games always bored the hell out of me.

Guest Kanenite

The whole Metal Gear Solid series are one of my favourite of all time, definitely in the top 3. I saw it in Game yesterday on preorder and it reminded me how great of a series it's been and with this being the last game it's pretty sad actually to know that this incredible game with such an amazing story is coming to an end.

I don't even have a PS3 yet but I was always going to buy one, with the main reasons being MGS and GTA. So i'm going to avoid absolutely everything about this game until I get one which will probably be Christmas now, but i'll cope.

Guest Clarkey

I don't like the talk doing the rounds that Konami have been insisting that reviewers not mention the length of the cut scenes and the size of the install. I just find it strange that they seem to be so embarrassed by either factor, as if you were to go in and not expect some self indulgent overlong cutscenes then you are a fool and the installs are not a big deal in the slightest and just an irritant to nit pickers (who would probably also moan about the things an install helps obliterate like load times if it wasn't present).

I think the problem for the small bandwagon of naysayers is that Kojima is not going to give away his baby to anyone, and wouldn't change it for the world after all those years of nurturing. From reading around the houses, it does seem that MGS4 see's Kojima and his team being even more self indulgent than usual to ensure an experience that will be lapped up by fans in a heartbeat, but to the naysayers will remain the marmite title that the series has always graced (but this time to the extreme). And that is exactly what I am looking for. I could careless about Joe Bloggs; I've loved the MG series this far (to be honest the gameplay mechanics aren't really that evolved in the current MGS series compared to the orignal MG's, beyond the move to MD) with it's genius blighted by ickle flaws, and further more will love this title.

Just need to get buying the PS3 to give this a good whirl, and get a slice of the Uncharted pie.

Impossible. It fills the entire 50 gb blue ray disc. Unless you're talking about a very much dumbed version.

Hell if this was coming out for 360 I would wait..

Guest MojoPogo
Apparently, one cut scene alone lasts 90 minutes. I call BS on that one. But i want the freedom to choose whether to go stealthy, or cut loose. Thats my one problem with the MGS games.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Metal Gear Solid games have always been known for their long and cinematic cutscenes and it just wouldn't be right for this version to not have them would it?

I love the console versions but it's frustrating at times because just when you think that something is realistic and believable you have something just stupid happen like a vampire who won't die,a surgically attached arm still having the soul and personality of it's previous owner and taking over it's new owner and stuff like that.

I hope Hideo doesn't get too carried away with cutscenes but this game will probably be hyped up as the best in the series and fail to meet the hype like GTA 4 has in my opinion.

Fact is that games like Metal Gear Solid 3 and GTA San Andreas reached near perfection in terms of innovation,variety and lifespan.

Apparently, one cut scene alone lasts 90 minutes. I call BS on that one. But i want the freedom to choose whether to go stealthy, or cut loose. Thats my one problem with the MGS games.

Other sites have already said it's not true. Longest cut scenes rank in the 45-min mark like MGS-2.

And if you want to "cut loose" and go on some BSU rage, you shouldn't even look at MGS.