Fan Clubs | beta

Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots

Guest JC

Guest Kanenite

To be honest I wouldn't care if a cutscene was 4 hours as the game is simply incredible. The cutscenes are a massive part of the game and are amazing to watch, like the end of MGS 3, magical.

And if the reviewers were in tears I probably will be aswell as i'm pretty attached to the game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clarkey
I read on another forum (or it may have been a comments board) that apparently you can pause the cut scenes. No idea of the credibility as I can't put my finger exactly on where abouts I read it. T'would be very handy though, super infact.

Apparently, one cut scene alone lasts 90 minutes. I call BS on that one. But i want the freedom to choose whether to go stealthy, or cut loose. Thats my one problem with the MGS games.

The 90 minutes cut scene is not true but even if it was, would be well in line with the series as regardless of how awesome the gameplay is; it's always been 50% movie.

As for going 'RAMBO' in Metal Gear Solid games..you can do if you like; you just won't get very far if you're not concentrating.

Edited by JC

Guest Al Stevens
Playr on Bravo TV (in the UK) today showed a cut scene from MGS 4 today to get ready for the review next week.... I am going to say is seeing the cut scene has left me thinking what the ****

Playr on Bravo TV (in the UK) today showed a cut scene from MGS 4 today to get ready for the review next week.... I am going to say is seeing the cut scene has left me thinking what the ****

Which cut scene is it?

For anyone who hasn't watched yet; these are some of the best trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbqbn0QW1gw

Also here's a good bit of gameplay..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwiLnvKj26o

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I am so looking forwards to this game being released after looking at those trailers, decided going to traid a few games in since it looks like I won't have the cash for this, shall get it on credit instead then :)

Guest Al Stevens
Which cut scene is it?

For anyone who hasn't watched yet; these are some of the best trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbqbn0QW1gw

Also here's a good bit of gameplay..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwiLnvKj26o

The narrator said second Act you had Vamp and one of those boss characters in unmasked...... However i wont say jack all though.

Just to let people know. If anyone (not saying you do) wants to know the major spoilers for this game. Various ones of gamefaqs have received the strategy guide early and are spilling the beans.

I admit I looked but then again it's pretty much what I expected given Metal Gear's wacky world.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I am having to go into debt to get this game, tried to trade in some of my other PS3 games which I got from an online company via an insurance claim and they cant accept them as they won't scan into the system in any shop in Barnsley that does trade ins

Ah well i'm sure the game is going to be worth borrowing money off people from so that is what I am abouts to do

Guest Al Stevens

Right everyone just to remind you all who is intrested in this game.

Tomorrow on Bravo 1 (UK members) at 11:00 Playr is going to have a offical review or a show in honor of MGS 4. So expect to see a another 10 out of 10

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Got all my money together now for the game and just waiting for this Thursday to arrive when I shall go and pick it up, will be watching the above mentioned review also :D

Guest Al Stevens
Well cause i will be at download for the weekend i am sending my mom to pick it up for me, however the second i am back the first thing i am doing is playing it and catching up with you guys.

Guest Rebekah
I will hopefully get this Friday as thats when i get payed, hopefully the game shops won't sell out. That said theres a bit of choice here as regards shops

Guest Al Stevens

Playr gave it 10 out of 10

Edit:

Just on playr 2 they are showing one of the boss battles and it looks brilliant..... why couldn't this be delayed for one more week :(

Edited by Al Stevens

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I would agree with Rog and say yes you are, AH, the only person to think this is going to be shite :lol

I am really looking forwards to this game, more so then I was for the last one even

Guest Al Stevens

Yep your on your own there AH. However dont worry about it if it's shite then you have the right to repeataly say "I told you so" ;)

Personally i am more excited of getting this than i was over getting GTA 4, but still gutted i wont be able to play this till Monday night :(