Fan Clubs | beta

Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots

Guest JC

How much will it cost in Ireland? I only have 20 Euros :( I need a job!

Yeah this will be definately around the 70 bracket.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
How much will it cost in Ireland? I only have 20 Euros :( I need a job!
More then 20 Euros is hw much it will cost in Ireland

Like Rog said it will be the high end of game prices as its one of the biggest releases this year

Guest Kanenite
This is going to be 6 of the hardest months ever trying to avoid any spoilers until I get a PS3, I just can't have the game revealed without finding it out myself. I'm too passionate about the game to read what happens.

Guest Al Stevens
Thats suck manbeast, here's hoping you have the Receipt cause that would suck being so close and unable to play it

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Was in HMV today and they have a poster up saying that they will be selling the game with an HMV exclusive sleeve... now I am torn of going for the cheapest option of shop or this one with the exclusive sleeve :(

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Bought the game today for £37.98 at Woolworths and it is brilliant

It takes forever to install though, you have to update your system which takes about 15mins then there is another 9ish mins to wait afterwards while the game is installed but once you actually get playing man the graphics of the cut scenes just blow you away.

Had a few hours on it earlier but kept getting lost after I met Drebin and his bald monkey so turned it off for a while to gather myself before I make another onslaught to get past where I currently am

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I haven't got very far just yet but so far its not much different from the first 3 in that you are reminded by Otacon quite a lot that this is a stealth mission so don't go shooting people. That said I have done plenty of shooting with little consiqunce for my actions out on the war torn streets

Not sure how the game is further in but to start with it is very sneaky and not very gung-ho

I haven't got very far just yet but so far its not much different from the first 3 in that you are reminded by Otacon quite a lot that this is a stealth mission so don't go shooting people. That said I have done plenty of shooting with little consiqunce for my actions out on the war torn streets

Not sure how the game is further in but to start with it is very sneaky and not very gung-ho

I'm really struggling to understand why you bought the game in the first place?

EDIT: My Bad, didn't notice you were replying to a question rather than moaning :D

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I was answering AH who asked if it was different to the other games as in you didn't have to sneak as much JC,

I actually love the MGS games and the way they are not the normal type of shooting game but more sneaky and stealthy

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Well all I can say is WOW!!!

The cut scenes are fantastic and just draw you in to the game even more, plus there are loads of repeating charecters from the previous game, such as Raiden, Naomi, Meryl and Vamp. Just started Act 3 now where you have to sneak around the city looking for Resistance members who you have to shadow to be taken to new places and eventally Big Mama

Best MGS game thus far IMO

Yeah I'll throw the same comment down. It's the best game to ever come out on a game console.

Biased or not, I don't see how anyone can put an argument against it.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Damn I hate the mission where you have to follow the resistance member all over the city without him seeing you doing it or the soldiers spotting you, I am fine until he goes and gets himself caught by the 2 soldiers and you have to in Otacons words "Find a way to free him"

I have shot them and even just tranqualized them and all that happens is they call for backup and he runs off to get caught again the next time I find him and follow him again

Damn I hate the mission where you have to follow the resistance member all over the city without him seeing you doing it or the soldiers spotting you, I am fine until he goes and gets himself caught by the 2 soldiers and you have to in Otacons words "Find a way to free him"

I have shot them and even just tranqualized them and all that happens is they call for backup and he runs off to get caught again the next time I find him and follow him again

I thought it was great for something a bit different but I have heard many people have gotten very angry at that part of Act III. That being said the ending of Act III is so epic it really doesn't matter.