Fan Clubs | beta

What Turns You Off A Forum?

Guest Black Knight

Easy!

Me... everyone should know that regardless of our relationship they will get infracted if they break the rules and a lot of my friends on here have been on the receiving end of infractions... just ask Belty and I even had DS infracted for God's sake!

i don't know you from Adam, but if you have a problem with how Gringo dealt with the other thread, but you should discuss it with him in PM and not use this thread to air your grievances.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please could you guys post a list of who your are cliqly with it would make it easier
:lol

You really think that mods go easy on certain people because they know them in real life or that they're friends online?

99% of my infractions/warnings have come from Saz and Darkstar; two people I've spent time with offline and consider as friends (I used to live a few streets away from DS, yet he is the one who has infracted me the most). Only two of my infractions have come from other mods (Kam and Telf), so I think I can categorically null and void this argument right here and now.

Guest Jayfunk
:lol

You really think that mods go easy on certain people because they know them in real life or that they're friends online?

99% of my infractions/warnings have come from Saz and Darkstar; two people I've spent time with offline and consider as friends (I used to live a few streets away from DS, yet he is the one who has infracted me the most). Only two of my infractions have come from other mods (Kam and Telf), so I think I can categorically null and void this argument right here and now.

the comments above where based on another thread which has been sorted

Guest Fiona
We don't hold it against you Fiona so no worries :P

Thanks Nemesis.:xyx

amen brother give your opinion not matter what (i do all the time)

ps can i join you group :)

Belty is a large group of 1. He doesn't play well with other people.:lol

Just trying to show that I'm not cranky (thanks Fiona! :P)

Okay I take it back your not cranky.:greets4:

please could you guys post a list of who your are cliqly with it would make it easier

I don't think there are cliques on here I haven't found any.

But you cast a wide net with your "post names" comment that was obviously aimed at more than just the participants in the thread mentioned.

You spat your dummy out because you were being shown up in an argument and tried to blame it on "cliques" and the like, so don't try and alter things now.

Guest Jayfunk
But you cast a wide net with your "post names" comment that was obviously aimed at more than just the participants in the thread mentioned.

You spat your dummy out because you were being shown up in an argument and tried to blame it on "cliques" and the like, so don't try and alter things now.

you can't comment as the post were deleted so you can't judge espeically as i said it as been sorted

Bad spelling and grammar. It annoys me senseless.

It is an ever growing problem and dear goodness drives me potty.

People passing their opinions as facts, and not willing to admit they're wrong.

Those who cannot argue constructively. I LOVE debating (that's such a classier word) but if people aren't going to 'play fair' so to speak... then it justs gets stupid and infuriating. It isn't a hard thing to do, but many people's egos refuse to let them be outdone.

It's only a friendly discussion folk, grrrrrr.

Gimmick posters can annoy me, for a short time it's fun but soon enough it gets tiresome.

Haha, I dunno, there are many types of things that annoy me. Mainly to do with people and their ignorances, or general idiocy.

:)

Just a few bits and bobs.

Guest Jimmy Redman

-- Irritating visuals, like big banners, signatures, advertisements, etc.

-- Extreme flaming and swearing, personal attacks.

-- Not much activity.

you can't comment as the post were deleted so you can't judge espeically as i said it as been sorted
I think you'll find I just did. ;)

Besides, there were enough posts left in the thread for me to make that assessment.

Guest Jayfunk
I think you'll find I just did. ;)

Besides, there were enough posts left in the thread for me to make that assessment.

they removed the bad stuff. as as you haven't seen any of the PM's or my reasoning behind what i had a problem with again with out the whole story you can't make a complete assessment of the situation thus can't judge if my comments weren't called for and from my point of view at the time (not now as i have said three times now it has been resolved) it was

people who wishes people dead and is childish and gets way with it by the mods because they are cliqy

I never wished you dead, I said I hoped you got caught up in a terrorist incident so that you saw how indiscriminate killing is a bad thing. Maimed at worst maybe.

I don't "get away" with sh*t. The reason I don't have massive infractions or get a lot of bother from people is because I've stuck to the rules on 99.9% of my posts. Only once did I go beyond the rules but I accepted that I would get a slap on the wrists and I got it immediatly.

Hush up...:1wave

Guest Gemsi

People who won't accept they are wrong, or decide that noone can disagree with them, because they posted the comment about another thread......Yes, like jayfunk just up there, making a generlised comment that seemed appropriate for this thread.

It's your problem dude, noone elses. You screwed up by posting in a thread that had nothing too do with this other thread. Not only that but making such a generalised comment, which DC or anyone else has the right too debate against, in this thread. You could have just accepted DC's comment as your fault, but no, instead you have too have the last word on the matter, which just sucks and gets annoying.

Oh, and text talk is the thing that irks me aswell. Ok, so I'm not the best typist, though my spelling ability is very very good normally, my typing lets me down so much. But text talk is a world of it's own.

I reckon it's something too do with that Cambridge study thing. You're brought up reading words and sentences properly, and in your head you get used too how things should read, and so you can skim through things, your brain only reads the first and last letters and just glances at the rest in between, and comes up with the words that make the most sense following the word before.

People who type in text talk, screw that up, and you have too do some major concentrating and thinking too read someones post if it's all in text talk.

Leaving threads totaly turn me off. Because whoever is leaving is likely too go on a one last flaming session. Then half of the time, 2 weeks later (or sometimes not even 24 hours, with one person I can think of) they come back and expect all to be forgiven. Sod them, if this place is so bad, and the people are so bad, and the mods are so unfair and cliquey and Kam's rules suck (this has been brought up so many times!). Go away, stay away, don't return. The forum isn't going too change just because you don't like it.

Think that's most of the things that turn me off forums:lol

Guest Jayfunk
People who won't accept they are wrong, or decide that noone can disagree with them, because they posted the comment about another thread It's your problem dude, noone elses. You screwed up by posting in a thread that had nothing too do with this other thread. Not only that but making such a generalised comment, which DC or anyone else has the right too debate against, in this thread. You could have just accepted DC's comment as your fault, but no, instead you have too have the last word on the matter, which just sucks and gets annoying

the personal attack aside you have totally missed the point of my comments DC didn't have enough information of what happened to really comment on it.

was i wrong to post my comment in this thread in the first, maybe, but who cares i was pissed off at the time

You're the one missing the point, Jayfunk. Your post in this thread had no specifics, thus how was anyone to know you were just throwing your toys out the pram over one incident?

You made a general comment in a thread about forums in general, thus I retorted with a comment about the infractions/mods/cliques in general too.

You were the one who made the initial comment vague, so don't start bleating about how it was about one incident (which, even with posts removed, is plain to see that you were out of your depth) when you didn't specify it was about one incident.

Guest Jayfunk

ok DC you are right, you are always DC right, i know nothing about anything. happy?

more fool me to have opinion

Edited by Jayfunk