Fan Clubs | beta

Longest Game Time

Nimf

Okay so gamers are usually comparing notes on how fast they have completed a game. But sometimes a game just won't behave and it can take forever to complete it.

What game took you the longest to complete and how long did it take?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
I played FF17 for 280 hours. Not all at once obviously, but it stretched out over a year. To be honest, i could have done it quicker, but i wanted to see everything.

I'm terrible I very rarely ever finish a game normally get hooked for a few weeks then lose interest when I get stuck I've had consoles most my life and think I've only ever completed 5 games.

xXx

I bought Metal Gear Ac!d 2 on the PSP two years ago and have never cleared it because it annoys the crap out of me.

The longest I actually took to fully complete a game was FIFA Street 2 as I would go through phases or playing it and then being bored of it - overall it took me 18 months to finally complete it.

My middle son just completed Super Mario Sunshine, it took him 4 years... Well he is only 8!!!

We bought Zelda Windwaker when it came out and I'm still on the first island. I have no idea how long that's been. Years now. I can't work the Windwaker and the red boat keeps getting mad at me. I figure by the time I'm 80 I'll be finished. I hope.:lol

Guest Davros

Not sure if it really counts as I don't think its a game you can complete - but I have an on going game of Champ Manager 01/02 That I have been playing on and off for about 2 years.

I'm currently in season 2040/41!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Zelda: Links Awakening

First game I ever played on the old Game Boy and it took me 3 years to complete it because I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the the final boss though the maze of rooms... it turned out there was a specific order you had to enter into the rooms and if you got it wrong in one room you had to start again through the order :(

Oh another one I had problems with was Link Ocarina of Time. I couldn't get into Death Mountain. I didn't know you had to bomb the Goron that was rolling around. I bombed everything else first.

Finally after months of pulling my hair out I went to a store opened a strategy guide and within 4 minutes knew exactly what I had to do. It took months for me to complete the game anyways after that.