Fan Clubs | beta

Films You Want To See In Game Form

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Guest DarkMatchJobber

The Godfather,Scarface,Pirates of the Caribbean,Goldeneye,Minority Report and countless other films have found their way into computer game form at one time or another with varying levels of success but what I am interested in finding out is what films you would like to see turned into a game that have not been done yet?

My List

1) The Wrestler

- Now I know the film has only just come out but considering how great it is and also the fact that many wrestlers are in the cast how cool would a game of it be?

- You could have a career mode where you play as Randy the Ram all the way up to the 20th anniversary rematch with The Ayatollah and various exhibition matches seen in the film such as death matches,ladder matches etc...

- Also the roster would be pretty sweet if they could get Necro Butcher and others to agree to appearing on the game and doing voiceovers.

- Add to that having some Guns N Roses and Bruce Springsteen on the soundtrack would own most game soundtracks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku

Battle Royale as a MMOFPS would be awesome though maybe hard to make work.

Perhaps it'd be better as a mod, COD: WaW, Crysis and Far Cry would all be good starting points.

Like the movie it could start people with random weapons, though to be fair I'd drop the likes of the megaphone, unless improvised weapons like kitchen knives were hidden around the map, and spawn the players randomly around the map. Also the round times would be quite long (say an hour) no respawns, last man standing wins and, of course, if time runs out everyone loses.

I always wanted a "Hitman" movie, but they managed to somehow botch that one up, so I'll go with a bank robbery game based on movies like "The Bank Job" or "Ocean's Eleven".

Guest Evil Monkey
Saw - if done right, that could be an awesome game. Imagine, you get to choose whether to create the traps, or play through a game, escaping the traps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Al Stevens
Saw - if done right, that could be an awesome game. Imagine, you get to choose whether to create the traps, or play through a game, escaping the traps.

Well the game is currently being put into production so fingers crossed it comes across as a good game. I know I will be interested in giving it a go

Battle Royale as a MMOFPS would be awesome though maybe hard to make work.

Perhaps it'd be better as a mod, COD: WaW, Crysis and Far Cry would all be good starting points.

Like the movie it could start people with random weapons, though to be fair I'd drop the likes of the megaphone, unless improvised weapons like kitchen knives were hidden around the map, and spawn the players randomly around the map. Also the round times would be quite long (say an hour) no respawns, last man standing wins and, of course, if time runs out everyone loses.

I wouldnt make it a shooter at all. Particually not a FP one Shooting was only a small part of the first BR. Of course the second heavily featured guns so if you were adapting that. I won't get into the books as this thread is about films.

I would keep your core idea, as it is a good one, but I would make it an optional view, not a shooting view game. (first or third player can choose.)

As you said people would start with random weapons, but guns would have a very low chance of spawing.

Like in the film there could be some sort of option to team up with other players also, naturally an option to betray them also if you so wish.

This would be my game

Based around the Japanese Film/Novel Battle Royale, where schoolchildren are placed on an isolated island and an electronic tag placed around their neck so teacher Mr Kitano and his friends can keep track of them.

If they try to escape they will be killed. In the game this would be implemented, there could be also some sort of mini game where you could remove your tag.

Your character is given weapons, food and a crap map of the island. The last one left alive wins and is let back into society. However there could be an option to team up and win like in the film. It is based in a not so distant future where the youth problem is out of control, so they come up with a cure worse than the problem.

You choose a character (any of the original but only one person can choose each original per game.) or create one, get a weapon, gather up your things, choose your friends say your goodbyes then off you go. This part would take part in a pre game lobby, But choose carefully because you need a strong alliance, and friends that will not turn on you. Or do you think you can do it alone?

Be wary of the two new exchange students though. One is voluntarily playing it for fun, and the other is trying to avenge his girlfriend's death from the last battle. These two would be CPU players, if they kill all the human players the game ends. The only way you can get to Mr Kitano is to win the tournament, but if you have a friendship team, the team can also do this.

You will need to use stealth at some points and at others just sheer violence and brutality. Will you be the dark horse who turns on his/her friends?

It's kill or be killed. Can you prove to be strong and skilful enough to outsmart your friends and become the winner.

Edited by The Icon

• 1 month later...
Guest Jericholic007

I always thought 'Roadhouse' would make a good beat 'em up - I'm sick of the usual 1 vs 1 beat 'em up games. Fighting dirty in a multi person ruck in a bar to blues rock music would be quality.

There was supposed to have been a Dirty Harry game in the works with involvement from Clint himself, but that seems to have been abandoned. I'd like that resurrected.

I'd also be keen on them to do some of the other Bond films in game form, like EA attempted with 'From Russia With Love'. Only this time, stick to replicating the film - 'The Spy Who Loved Me' would be awesome.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I'd love to see The Running Man turned into a God of War style game, working your way through the 4 game zones solving puzzles and fighting bikers tracking you to progress until you have to face a Stalker (Buzzsaw, Dynamo, Subzero and Fireball) as the game zone boss then you have to go through Captain Freedom to get to Killian and finish the game

I'd love to see The Running Man turned into a God of War style game, working your way through the 4 game zones solving puzzles and fighting bikers tracking you to progress until you have to face a Stalker (Buzzsaw, Dynamo, Subzero and Fireball) as the game zone boss then you have to go through Captain Freedom to get to Killian and finish the game

This game was released on C64 donkey's years ago.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
This game was released on C64 donkey's years ago.
Having never owned a C64 I did not know that, but at any rate I want a PS3 update on it now I know it was released