Fan Clubs | beta

Films You Want To See In Game Form

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Thinking about it an RPG based around Doctor Who would be brilliant.

Imagin something like Fallout 3 or Oblivion where you have all your skills and preferences (Mage/fighter/scientist kind of guff), now in the Doctor Who game you die (maybe in some mission its impossible to avoid) and you regenerate into a new character with a random selection of skills!

You choose your first characters skills as normal (maybe a preference for a fighting character, much like the third Doctor) but your random second/third/whatever may be the opposite of what you want.

Obviously you can only regenerate a finite number of times, just like a Time Lord.

Could be a lot of fun.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaycey Baby
There's been a lot of good buzz around the Terminator: Salvation and Aliens: Colonial Marines games.

Salvation sounds dire, but there has been a pretty awesome Terminator game in Future Shock by Bethesda (sp?) for the PC. Probably still worth digging out if you don't mind the sprite-based mid-90s FPS graphics.

Guest John Hancock
Its not a film really, but I'd like to play a game along the lines of Call of Duty but based in the Napoleonic Wars. It wouldnt be as quick as COD, but the realism could make it fairly different to most games of its type (1 shot every 20 seconds for example :lol).

Call Of Duty: Peninsula

Featuring:

- Standing in a long line being told what to do!

- Remaining perfectly still for hours!

- Firing when told to!

- Guns that take 30 seconds to reload!

- Only one type of gun usable!

- No moving faster than a brisk walk!

Bonus Missions:

- Keep the beat as an 11 year old drummer boy! Will you manage to remind everyone what pace to march at, or will you just get bayonetted in the face?

- Hold on to a massive flag without any gun whilst everyone shoots at you!

- Fight in the artillery, doing relatively complicated mathematics whilst taking effectively random pot shots at enemy ranks until cavalry flanks you, and you can't do anything about it!

Guest John Hancock
Now now, set it along the lines of Sharpe (a skirmisher unit) and you're sorted. Single man missions and multiple weapons to pick from, tool. :P

There's mods like that if you want them for Call Of Duty and Half-Life from that period, but the big problem is, all people do is draw swords and run in zig zags, because the reloading times are so much that you only have one shot, and then the guy's on you.

Personally, I'd rather see a Napoleonic version of Assassin's Creed, maybe a Spanish guerilla, or an English green shirt or something. That way the sword play would be just as important as the guns, meaning the problem about reloading would kinda go away.

Actually, that would be really fun, sneaking around a Spanish town with a rifle, a pistol, a sword, maybe a few grenades, or even some quicklime or something to cover your escape, assassinating French generals, supplying the resistance, sabotaging ammo-stores, stealing battle plans, destroying cannons...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thirteen

Scarface

I'm pretty sure there already is a Scarface game, but it's pretty awful.

My advise would be just play GTA: Vice City, it's pretty much the same.

I had that game on the original X-Box and thought it was pretty good (albeit a total rip off of the GTA series).

I enjoyed it thoroughly.