Fan Clubs (beta)

Mac vs. PC

Guest Diablo

I detest the "Macs don't get viruses" argument for two reasons:

1) PC's don't get viruses. People get viruses because they don't protect their PC's properly. I haven't had a virus in years because after the first one, I learnt how to combat them and now I make sure that my PC is as untouchable as it can be.

2) The idea that Mac viruses don't exist is a Mac-bot invented fallacy that is 5 years out of date; mac viruses do exist but to a much lesser number, and you can still f*ck those things up sideways if the user is an idiot. You can still get malicious Mac trojans and such. They're nowhere near idiot-proof.

• Heart 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
Guest Nicole
Well i must admit I did look at the macbook and the bog standard one just didn't have the power I needed and would have cost big bucks to get it to the way it would be needed to do all my video editing on the fly.

The thin Mac book is even worse, you don't even get standard things on it.

Not say one is better over the other, those were my opinions of the macbooks.

I wouldn't ever buy a MacBook, definately a desktop imac for me. My graphics lecturer, who has his own design business, says the only reason he got a macbook was to show some work off to clients quickly, and to make on the fly corrections etc, but all his major work is on his desktop imac which admittedly wasn't cheap.

I detest the "Macs don't get viruses" argument for two reasons:

1) PC's don't get viruses. People get viruses because they don't protect their PC's properly. I haven't had a virus in years because after the first one, I learnt how to combat them and now I make sure that my PC is as untouchable as it can be.

2) The idea that Mac viruses don't exist is a Mac-bot invented fallacy that is 5 years out of date; mac viruses do exist but to a much lesser number, and you can still f*ck those things up sideways if the user is an idiot. You can still get malicious Mac trojans and such. They're nowhere near idiot-proof.

Actually there is an argument that the user is the biggest virus of all, I mean, what does a virus tend to do?

Fill the harddrive full of crap, make it impossible to get rid of, give away personal information and email junk to other users.

Ladies and gentleman I present the human being, armed with Facebook, thousands of digital photographs, all their music collection and every free piece of software under the sun.

Not to mention replying to ditsawun in Uganda to help him secure 40 million pounds from the bank account his uncle had.

Exit one very slow computer.

Guest big pau hoolinator

PC f*ing world?????

You rely on those idiots? My Sony Vaio had LOADS more on it than was advertised, it came as a right shock I actually had a blu ray writer on it. I checked, ALL of their laptops were mis-specced at some point when I was shopping for one.

PC World, it's like asking Gordon Ramsey to an ettiquette party!

sorry but apple is over priced for the spec compared to PC is over priced its not opinion but facts

No, fact is that a Mac is more expensive, it is your opinion that they are overpriced.

The difference being that the Mac's innards are custom built, most PCs are cobbled together in a modular system. Specs mean nothing, quality parts mean everything.

Edited by Saz

Guest Jayfunk

you wanted sources, give me sources that apple is cheaper otherwise your "facts" are "opinions " too!

i gave you same spec at the same high street prces simple as. you don'tlike being wrong not my problem get over it.

Guest Nicole
I had an argument with a dude at PC world with what programmes were included on the laptop he was selling to the ex. He was trying to sell him office suite and all that gubbins despite the fact I insisted that Microsoft works was on that PC and that was more than enough for his nan who we were buying for. The bloke literally knew nothing about the laptop, and from day one I had to sort things out on it. Pile of crap and a crappy company!

Guest Nicole
It's not all about money. It's all about the sort of thing you want the machine for. If you are using yours just to jack off every night, then yes a bog standard cheapo computer will do for you.

Guest Jayfunk
It's not all about money. It's all about the sort of thing you want the machine for. If you are using yours just to jack off every night, then yes a bog standard cheapo computer will do for you.

every thing is about money. like for like in terms of money pc wins hands down, because apple is over priced

Guest Nicole
No really, everything in life is not about money. If everything in life was judged in terms of money, we'd be waaay more screwed up.

Guest Jayfunk
No really, everything in life is not about money. If everything in life was judged in terms of money, we'd be waaay more screwed up.

you are missing the point.

if you had 1000 pounds to buy a computer, the pc would be the better spec computer than the apple

you wanted sources, give me sources that apple is cheaper otherwise your "facts" are "opinions " too!

i gave you same spec at the same high street prces simple as. you don'tlike being wrong not my problem get over it.

Huh?

Here's your original argument:

there is a reason why microsoft rules the world by sales because a) its good and b) every Pc as it is money talks apple walks, stylish or not it is a long way behind billl gates...Fact

Ok?

So your points are:

1. Microsoft is good.

2. I am presuming that this is your price argument

3. Apple is a long way behind Microsoft.

Once again I ask you not to confuse your opinion with fact, if you have fact, could you please back it up and cite the source of your fact?

Thats me asking you to cite.

There's you proving that lo and behold the mac is more expensive, I question your sources because PC World couldn't spec up a PC or Mac correctly to save its life.

Finally, even if you have so sublimely used PC World's stunning knowledge to prove that a mac is *shock horror" more expensive, what about the other two facts you mentioned?

I am more than willing to admit I am wrong, but Jay, you've just jumped onto PC World's site to compare, just to win an argument and try to put me down, there are cheaper places, if you shop around you can get a mac cheaper than a PC.

Guest Nicole
you are missing the point.

if you had 1000 pounds to buy a computer, the pc would be the better spec computer than the apple

But you don't seem to get that I don't want a massively specced computer, I would want the Mac, no matter what spec it was, end of!!

Guest Fiona
there is a reason why microsoft rules the world by sales because a) its good and b) every Pc as it is money talks apple walks, stylish or not it is a long way behind billl gates...Fact

They rule the world because a) they buy up all their competitors b) it is a preference, some like PC and other like Macs c) Apple has been around longer than Microsoft so their doing something right.

Why all the fuss over a bloody computer system? If you like Mac then fine if your a PC person fine too. Sh*t who really cares about specs, most people don't even know what they're computers are capable of.

You can all just avoid this argument by installing Windows 7 when it's released at the end of the year. Then we can all live together in harmony with a dedicated thread called "Windows 7: Great OS? Or Greatest OS?"

It's not just the OS - it is fantastic for PC performance. Most low-spec PCs have been reported to work much faster with it than with something as bloated as Vista. With a PC like mine (dual core, 3mb memory, etc), it's a dream.

Guest Jayfunk
I am more than willing to admit I am wrong, but Jay, you've just jumped onto PC World's site to compare, just to win an argument and try to put me down, there are cheaper places, if you shop around you can get a mac cheaper than a PC.

if you shop around you can get Pc next to nothing but i am say in general PC are alot cheparer for spec than apple, sure thir will be the old apples that rae cheaper but not in general its not.

But you don't seem to get that I don't want a massively specced computer, I would want the Mac, no matter what spec it was, end of!!

I am not debating that at all, i don't care what you want you are saying that apple is better than PC based on art the question is PC vs MAc and in terms of of spec/money its not

You can all just avoid this argument by installing Windows 7 when it's released at the end of the year. Then we can all live together in harmony with a dedicated thread called "Windows 7: Great OS? Or Greatest OS?"

It's not just the OS - it is fantastic for PC performance. Most low-spec PCs have been reported to work much faster with it than with something as bloated as Vista. With a PC like mine (dual core, 3mb memory, etc), it's a dream.

heck i even agree with mitch that says alot

Edited by Jayfunk

Guest Nicole
Any major updates with it, or is just speed etc? TBH, I'm on Vista, and despite the rest of the world hating it, I think its quite swish really.