Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton

Guest Jack

Guest Jack

I'm really looking forward to this. Pretty nervous, because I want Hatton to do it, yet can't really see it happening. Pacquiao has looked phenomenal in his last few fights and even though Hatton is no David Diaz or an, drained Golden Boy, he probably doesn't have it in him to win this one. If Mayweather has done a really good job on him though, it's possible Hatton can suprise us. Under Billy Graham, this fight would have been a mismatch but as the malignaggi fight showed, Hatton has improved. Given more time, if he can improve again, maybe he can do it? I'd like to think Mayweather has improved Hatton's technique fighting against southpaws which was one of the reasons I don't like Hatton's chances.

There are a few things which make it an interesting fight. As I said, whether Hatton's improved, whether his struggles against southpaws with show up again, whether Pacquiao's weakness to the body is an issue yet again and so on.

I'd love for Hatton to do it, but I stick with prediction of Pacquiao in 9.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The GS
I'm gonna say Manny Pacquiao with a 10th round KO. Did you know WWE wrestler Batista is coming to the ring with Manny Pacquiao for the entrance.

Guest John Hancock

I gotta think that Pacquiao's going to win this one late with a K.O., but I still really, really hope Hatton wins it.

Hatton needs to take it early though, or he's going to be done with his mental weight loss, weight gain business.

im glad my phonelines messed up so i couldnt order the pay per view.

Pacquiao killed him in two rounds. The killer knockout was just supreme.

Gotta be Mayweather next for Pacman, though i have no idea where ricky goes now after this loss.

Guest John Hancock
Ricky's DONE. I've got a real feeling that might be the last time we hear of him as a serious contender.

Guest Drake
Ricky's DONE. I've got a real feeling that might be the last time we hear of him as a serious contender.

After this fight he'll be lucky to get a fight against me!

WOW! WOW!

Manny knocked him the **** OUT! :doh32:

Hatton literally looked like he was dead. Gotta feel sorry for the guy.

That was sort of brutal, would love to see Pac-man v Mayweather now, it could be off the charts.

Hatton will never give Witter the satisfaction of a big pay day at the MEN.

Guest MojoPogo
Typical Brit. Gets to the big occasion and comes up short. Face it Rick, you just werent good enough, pal. And you nearly got killed for it. Still think its worth it?

Still think its worth it?

Good to see that you're still the eternal optimist, i'm sure his 50% of the purse may at least put a smile on his face, especially considering he got if for less than 6 minutes work.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBWqhwoqT4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBWqhwoqT4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the fight from half-way through the first round. I could swear that's Tony Schiavone on commentary.

The first time you see the knockout punch, during the "live" action, it's not too clear how solid a shot it was... but once you see the replay from a different angle, the brutal impact is awesome.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I was reading last night before the fight that there was talk around boxing that Hatton would be sacking Mayweather Sr. after the fight regardless of the result as he has been turning up late for training sessions the majority of the time and just generally not doing that good a job getting Hatton ready for the fight.

The knockout was brutal and has to be the end off Ricky as a serious contender in the ring, no way is he comming back from that one i'm afraid