Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton

Guest Jack

yes! these guys did a review! :lol:xyx

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jack
It's Bernard Dunne, not Ben Dunne:xyx
:lol

wot

And every boxer has faults, but he's World Champion and you can't argue with that.
Eh? I'm saying he's overhyped.

Andy Lee's loss if you remember was controversial because he was winning on points but the ref stopped the fight when really Lee could've continued.
I agree. Lee didn't deserve to get stopped but you have to question how good he is, when a guy like Vera is hurting him.

You saying Hatton wasn't overhyped. English fans were saying he was the best boxer ever.
So? That's your proof is it? That some English boxing fans thought he was the best boxer ever? And for the record, no they didn't!

But now you gotta remember that he lost 2 fights by KO which he personally expected to win.
He was confident in himself, yeah.

Your point?

EDIT: And are you sticking your neck out by saying that the following won't amount to anything?:

Kenny Egan (olympic silver medalist), Katie Taylor (world champion), Darren Sutherland (His promoter who is Eubanks former promoter has said he is the most exciting young talent he has EVER SEEN) and Paddy Barnes.

None of them will be world class.

Guest The GS
EDIT: And are you sticking your neck out by saying that the following won't amount to anything?:

Kenny Egan (olympic silver medalist), Katie Taylor (world champion), Darren Sutherland (His promoter who is Eubanks former promoter has said he is the most exciting young talent he has EVER SEEN) and Paddy Barnes.

None of them will be world class.

Hmmm. So you saying Katie Taylor who's a World Champion and Kenny Egan who won silver at the Olympics aren't classed as World class???:?

And do you really think Darren Sutherland will amount to nothing?

Have you actually even seen any of these boxers I'm talking about in action? Because their fights aren't on UK TV (apart from the Olympians).

But now you gotta remember that he lost 2 fights by KO which he personally expected to win.
Every boxer who laces up the gloves should be going into a fight expecting to win, so I don't see how you can hold that against him.

Guest The GS
Every boxer who laces up the gloves should be going into a fight expecting to win, so I don't see how you can hold that against him.

Yeah but he cant be called the best in the world if he loses 2 fights against people who were clearly much much better than him. Every boxer can have 1 bad fight now and again but Hatton's had 2 which he should've won if he was the top boxer everyone claimed he was. Some boxers lose close fights but Hatton's 2 losses were clean and he was 2nd best in them.

Yeah but he cant be called the best in the world if he loses 2 fights against people who were clearly much much better than him. Every boxer can have 1 bad fight now and again but Hatton's had 2 which he should've won if he was the top boxer everyone claimed he was. Some boxers lose close fights but Hatton's 2 losses were clean and he was 2nd best in them.

What exactly are you trying to say here? Hatton was an undefeated fighter and linear kingpin of what, for the past decade, has been the most consistently competitive and high caliber division in boxing. I was never high on him, and I hated the hyperbole he was treated with. That being said, he was undefeated, he was the #1 in his division, and he was fighting the Pound-four-Pound king in his fight against Mayweather. If he would've won, he would clearly be the best in the world. That's the point of any pre-fight hype. Who is what if they win. The winner of either of Ricky Hatton's big fights would be fairly deemed the best in the world, and I think that speaks volumes.

Whether or not he's a B+ fighter who never deserved even that consideration is aside from the point. In boxing, if you're undefeated (especially in over 40 fights) and you beat the man to become the man, you'll garner respect and attention.

----------------

Now playing: Clipse - Kinda Like A Big Deal Feat. Kanye West

via FoxyTunes

Yeah but he cant be called the best in the world if he loses 2 fights against people who were clearly much much better than him.
Manny Pacquiao has lost more fights than Ricky Hatton. Does that suddenly make him a worse boxer than Ricky Hatton?

Guest The GS
Manny Pacquiao has lost more fights than Ricky Hatton. Does that suddenly make him a worse boxer than Ricky Hatton?

Pacquiao's last loss was over 4 years ago and he didn't get embarassed like Hatton in that fight. The last loss was on points and there's no real shame in that because it was a close fight.

And the last time he got KO'd was like 10 years ago and he's obviously matured as a boxer since then.

I'm just saying that Hatton lost his last 2 BIG fights and maybe he's not the boxer the English fans are claiming him to be.

Pacquiao's last loss was over 4 years ago and he didn't get embarassed like Hatton in that fight. The last loss was on points and there's no real shame in that because it was a close fight.

And the last time he got KO'd was like 10 years ago and he's obviously matured as a boxer since then.

I'm just saying that Hatton lost his last 2 BIG fights and maybe he's not the boxer the English fans are claiming him to be.

Again, you can turn that around by saying that Hatton went 43 fights without losing compared to Manny Pacquiao losing in his 12th bout. Ricky Hatton went (roughly) three-and-a-half times longer undefeated.

Sure, he wasn't the best boxer in the world, but to discredit him on two losses (especially losses to Mayweather and Pacquiao) is absurd.

Guest The GS
Again, you can turn that around by saying that Hatton went 43 fights without losing compared to Manny Pacquiao losing in his 12th bout. Ricky Hatton went (roughly) three-and-a-half times longer undefeated.

Sure, he wasn't the best boxer in the world, but to discredit him on two losses (especially losses to Mayweather and Pacquiao) is absurd.

I've looked at Hattons record and apart from the Kostya Tszyu fight nearly all his opposition have been quite weak to be honest.

When he faced world class opposition he fell on his ass literally. Losing twice in his last 2 BIG fights is a bad record.

I've looked at Hattons record and apart from the Kostya Tszyu fight nearly all his opposition have been quite weak to be honest.

When he faced world class opposition he fell on his ass literally. Losing twice in his last 2 BIG fights is a bad record.

So when Hatton won all his world title, the opponents were weak? Would they have been world champion if they were weak?

Think about you're answer, has I remember you naming an Irish boxer being great because of a world title.

Also I don't care for Hatton, the guy supports Man City. But I can see when someone is good at what they do.

Edit - I just thought. It's my fault Hatton lost, the only 2 fights I watch. He loses. :P

Guest The GS
So when Hatton won all his world title, the opponents were weak? Would they have been world champion if they were weak?

Think about you're answer, has I remember you naming an Irish boxer being great because of a world title.

Also I don't care for Hatton, the guy supports Man City. But I can see when someone is good at what they do.

Edit - I just thought. It's my fault Hatton lost, the only 2 fights I watch. He loses. :P

Those Irish world champions didn't lose 2 BIG fights in a row.. I'm saying that Hatton isn't the best in the world (because of the 2 ass whoopings he got recently).

He should still be able to compete at the same level at 30 yrs old. Ali won the The Thrilla in Manila at age 33.

The fact that Hatton started running out of steam when he was 29 and facing top opposition across the water is quite sad.

Edited by The GS

Those Irish world champions didn't lose 2 BIG fights in a row..
Muhammad Ali lost his last two fights in a row, does that mean he wasn't as good as he thought he was?

Guest The GS
Muhammad Ali lost his last two fights in a row, does that mean he wasn't as good as he thought he was?

Ali was like 38 or 39 when he lost his last 2 fights. Plus his health was going downhill before those 2 fights. He did carry on longer than he should have.

I'm just saying that Hatton got embarassed in his last 2 big tests when he should've been at his boxing peak at 29/30,.

Guest Jack
He should still be able to compete at the same level at 30 yrs old. Ali won the The Thrilla in Manila at age 33.

The fact that Hatton started running out of steam when he was 29 and facing top opposition across the water is quite sad.

Do you honestly think that's a good agument?

Wilfred Benitez was shot by his early 20's. Mike Tyson was his late 20's, when he was past his best.

SO obviously that argument means nothing, but think about it. Why would Ali have a longer career? What difference is there between Muhammad Ali and Ricky Hatton that made Ali less battle worn? A better comparison would be Ricky Hatton and Joe Frazier and Frazier was done by his late 20's.

Guest The GS
Do you honestly think that's a good agument?

Wilfred Benitez was shot by his early 20's. Mike Tyson was his late 20's, when he was past his best.

SO obviously that argument means nothing, but think about it. Why would Ali have a longer career? What difference is there between Muhammad Ali and Ricky Hatton that made Ali less battle worn? A better comparison would be Ricky Hatton and Joe Frazier and Frazier was done by his late 20's.

Well I was just comparing Hatton to the best because that's what the English media and fans were calling him...

Guest Jack
Apparently Dunne might fight JuanMa Lopez next. His jaw will be sent into the fourth row, it the fight happens.

Guest Drake
Apparently Dunne might fight JuanMa Lopez next. His jaw will be sent into the fourth row, it the fight happens.

No we're talking. :)

Guest The GS

That'd be a cool fight. Dunne said that he wants to make as much money as possible now that he has the title because he's retiring soon enough....

Vegas or the States is the obvious location for Dunne's next fight and I think he's capable of beating anyone.