Fan Clubs | beta

Films that should have had a lot LESS praise/did better than deserved

Paul

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chriscare
The Crow, such garbage I don't know how any sane person would like it.

Haha, yea it is pretty bad. It's just so cool though, like the Punisher, sh*t but cool.

The Wrestler,

crap

Godfather,

awesome

Sweeny Todd,

crap

Anchorman

crap

Hot Rod

worst film ever made

Zoolander

crap

Dodgeball

awesome

Tropic Thunder

uber crap! wasted 2 hours of my life watching this one.

Guest Anime Otaku
OMG, I can't believe what I'm reading? What's wrong with some of you people.

The Wrestler, Godfather, Sweeny Todd, Anchorman (The only film thats come close to being as funny and rewatchable in the past 5 years is Hot Rod), Ben Stiller (Zoolander, Dodgeball and to a lesser extent Tropic Thunder all hillarious) Japan in general (oh come on, Japans film industry is massive compared to the UK, there films are miles better than ours, sure they're not all brilliant, but the ones you hear about are like the incredible Vengeance trilogy WTF? have we got? Notting Hill?), PULP FICTION? oh dear god,

I agree with NE though, Napoleon Dynamite, Juno and Superbad although I do like them all I've heard people claim each of them to be the funniest film they've ever seen, I can only assume they've not seen that many good comedies. (Naked Gun, and the afformentioned Anchorman, Hot Rod and Zoolander would be mine)

rant over.

Oh, and Adam Sandler films aren't overated, I'm pretty sure they're not rated at all (except Happy Gilmore, but I can except if you don't like that *** Adam Sandlers is pretty annoying)

PS. I also agree with whoever picked the Saw films, they're the most overated crap I can think of, I'm not even sure why I've bothered to watch 4 of them, stupid friends and their stupid bad tastes is all I can put that down to, the first was a reasonably ok concept and an ok film, the rest, well i kinda felt more hardcore than the people who surivived the stuff as I survived they're terrible acting and plot.

Pssst... Chris. The Vengeance trilogy weren't Japanese. They're Korean.

Apart from that little quibble and being a fan of the Saw films that I have seen (I think Tobin Bell is immense as Jigsaw) I have to agree with Chris' rant on the things I've seen, and DC, you said that most J-horror movies are samey, I'd say he self same thing about the majority of American horror movies. The likes of Jason and Michael Meyers are hardly unique.

I can get why some people don't enjoy The Godfather movies too as they probably would be over long for some people.

Guest John Hancock

Superbad, Juno and Napoleon Dynamite are three of my favourite films ever. I here by invoke the power of forum leader to veto their involvement in this thread.

Oh yeah, I can do that.

DC, you said that most J-horror movies are samey, I'd say he self same thing about the majority of American horror movies. The likes of Jason and Michael Meyers are hardly unique.
Where did I say anything different?

Although, to be fair, Michael Myers, when he was first shown, was pretty unique for the context he was being featured in.

Superbad, Juno and Napoleon Dynamite are three of my favourite films ever. I here by invoke the power of forum leader to veto their involvement in this thread.

Oh yeah, I can do that.

Global mod trumps forum leader. :P

Another one that came to mind is Trainspotting. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good film, but it's not as great as people claim, with the over-the-top "Trainspotting saved the British movie industry" comments really taking the biscuit.

Guest Chriscare
Pssst... Chris. The Vengeance trilogy weren't Japanese. They're Korean.

Pfft, same thing :p (sorry to all eastern cultures reading this, i swear one day i'll be able to tell the difference)

Phil, i'll forgive that you think Hot Rod is the worst film ever (even if someone can't stand it, seriously, come on, theres some right tripe out there, go and try find Nutbag, i'm sure that's the actual worse film ever) as you clearly have horrid horrid tastes. But how could you not like the wrestler, this is a wrestling forum, not only is it the best wrestling films ever but it'll surely break into the top 100 ever, Arnofsky is a genius.

Edited by Chriscare

Phil, i'll forgive that you think Hot Rod is the worst film ever (even if someone can't stand it, seriously, come on, theres some right tripe out there, go and try find Nutbag, i'm sure that's the actual worse film ever) as you clearly have horrid horrid tastes. But how could you not like the wrestler, this is a wrestling forum, not only is it the best wrestling films ever but it'll surely break into the top 100 ever, Arnofsky is a genius.

to be honest Hot Rod isnt the worst film ever, that was an over-exggeration, bu its not exactly very good either.

and yeah I didnt like the Wrestler that much, just didnt hit me the way I thought it would. Just because this is a wrestling forum doesn't mean i have to like every wrestling related product out there.

I'd also like to add Rocky to this list, not because i don't think it deserved the hype it got because it's an ace film, but I just prefer Rocky IV, which everyone seems to forget about (well, the people i know anyway)

I'd also like to add Rocky to this list, not because i don't think it deserved the hype it got because it's an ace film, but I just prefer Rocky IV, which everyone seems to forget about (well, the people i know anyway)
I've always found it to be the exact opposite; Rocky IV being the one they all remember (even if it's just them going "the one with the big Russian").

For my money, Rocky III is the best of the bunch (followed by VI, I, IV, II, V), if only for Mr. T giving the world "I pity tha fool" and "My prediction? PAIN!".

Guest Laffy
Cabin Fever, I went to see it because people were raving about it. It is the most goriest, horrific, film i have ever seen. it was so rank even my boyfriend had problems watching parts.

I've always found it to be the exact opposite; Rocky IV being the one they all remember (even if it's just them going "the one with the big Russian").

ah maybe it's just my circle of friends then, but most people I know prefer Rocky, whereas I think it's not quite as good as III. III just feels like they got all the ingredients right, it just seemed to fit together perfectly, whereas the first one seemed much more like it was testing the water.

Cabin Fever, I went to see it because people were raving about it. It is the most goriest, horrific, film i have ever seen. it was so rank even my boyfriend had problems watching parts.

Cabin Fever is one of the worst films ever made. I can't normally watch really gory films, but cabin fever's gory was so pathetic I had no trouble watching it at all. The only bit that troubled me was where that lasses lips were missing and her boyfriend beat her to death.

Guest John Hancock

I could take or leave Cabin Fever. It was what it was, a broad, main stream, gross out horror film. It was fun, nothing more, nothing less.

The, "what's the gun for?" joke was quite good though.