Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 100 Thread

Guest Dusty Finish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carwin and velasquez looks set to happen so i think the winner will get a shot in the near future. If you ask me the winner of nog/couture will be new number 1 contender.

Crocop has supposedly signed a 3 fight deal with ufc. I reckon he wont get immediately thrown into the title picture just yet.

In terms of who can beat brock, it's gotta be the case of technique over strength.

the hw division really has-brock,mir,couture,nog,carwin,velasquez,gonzaga, kongo (who again i felt messed up his chance of a title shot)

Guest John Hancock

I think we've all missed the true two biggest moments of UFC 100.

1) Belcher's tatoo of, I believe, Pol Pot.

2) Dana White continuing to be a little b*tch about everything, and thus CENSORING Affliction clothes in that top 100 fights count down.

Guest Dusty Finish
Everyone's forgetting Dos Santos. The winner of he vs Cro Cop will likely be one fight away froma title shot, and if the bookies have JDS down as the underdog in that one I will be seriously tempted to lay down some cash.

Everyone's forgetting Dos Santos. The winner of he vs Cro Cop will likely be one fight away froma title shot, and if the bookies have JDS down as the underdog in that one I will be seriously tempted to lay down some cash.

I didnt relise that Cro Cop (supposedly) had signed a new 3 fight contract, but yeah, Cro Cop vs Junior Dos Santos at UFC 103 is rumoured

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

White has said that he is confident he can get Fedor vs Brock signed at some point:

At the UFC 100 post-fight press conference, which turned out to be a circus due to Brock Lesnar's antics post-fight on the PPV itself (and the fact that after the first five minutes, UFC president Dana White and fighter Dan Henderson were the only two remaining for the entire presser due to almost every other fighter being in the hospital) a "big" announcement was made.

The reason I say "big" is because it's nothing that wasn't really already assumed, but was finally said by the always-honest UFC president Dana White.

Dana White was asked about the consensus number one Heavyweight in the world (and arguably the number one pound for pound fighter in the world) Fedor Emelianenko, as he is at every gathering involving the MMA media. White was candid this time, saying he knows he's talked a lot of trash about Fedor and his management in the past, but the bottom line is they will eventually get Fedor. White said once they finally get Fedor's signature on a contract, they will then set up the now eagerly anticipated Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar fight.

Fedor Emelianenko has one fight left with the Affliction mixed-martial arts promotion and that fight will occur on August 1st at their third MMA event being dubbed "Trilogy" (clever, huh?) which emanates from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Fedor will put his basically unblemished record on the line against Josh Barnett, a former UFC Heavyweight champion, who, outside the UFC is probably the only formidable challenger left. Fedor's record is "basically" unblemished because he "lost" one fight, where he was cut open by an elbow - which were illegal under the rules he was fighting - and the bout was stopped and he was somehow called the loser. Fedor got a rematch with that same man (Tsuyoshi Kohsaka) five years later and defeated him via technical knockout after one round. Fedor also has a No Contest on his record, which he received in a fight that was stopped due to a cut caused by an accidental headbutt. That fight was against the only other PRIDE Heavyweight champion in history, and former UFC Interim Heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira. Fedor has fought Nogueira three times, one being the aforementioned no contest, while the other two were very dominant victories

Fedor Emelianenko did an interview with MMA legend "El Guapo" Bas Rutten on HDNet's "Inside MMA" program this past Friday night where he said he doesn't see himself in the UFC anytime soon due to some issues he and his handlers have with Dana White and UFC management. With that being said, Affliction is expected not to run anymore fight cards following the "Trilogy" event on 8/1, and other than big-money freak-show fights in Japan, the UFC will soon be Fedor's only option.

If the Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko fight happens before Lesnar loses his title while fighting in the UFC (which could happen against a number of guys despite Lesnar's hype), and as long as Fedor gets past Josh Barnett (which is likely but not guaranteed) that fight could be one of the biggest pay-per views of any kind of all-time. Their names on a poster alone: "Fedor vs. Brock" would look like "a damn monster movie" as Apollo Creed would say. The fact that one man holds the UFC Heavyweight title and is already breaking all-time UFC PPV records while the other is considered the best living combat athlete of any kind on planet earth doesn't hurt matters any.

For more MMA and UFC news, visit WrestleZone's official MMA sister-site at Sherdog.com.

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

That fight would be a complete mismatch. Unless Fedor will stay with the UFC for a considerable time, it won't happen, as the UFC are banking on Lesnar and he'd get slaughtered.

I dont think he will you know, dont get me wrong I'm not saying brock would beat Fedor, just he has a better chance than most, and I think it would be a struggle for Fedor.

edit: why do I get into the same debate every time Brock has a match? :lol

Edited by Paul

People said Mir, Couture and Herring would kill Lesnar. I wouldnt count him out so easily.
Not really :lol

I think most people favoured Lesnar over all of those and the other thing which made it interesting was Lesnar's inexperiance, but he would have been the favourite, I think. Even if it's just for the fact that people knew Dana wasn't going to waste him.

I don't see Lesnar winning this one. The only part of his game which is at the same level at Couture's, is his wrestling. And Brock doesn't want to get on the ground with Couture, as neither his submission game or G'n'P is good enough to win there.

He needs to be fed more cans before taking on a guy of Couture's level, even if he is past it.

And that was just 1 post from 1 person. On almost every forum I have been on that discusses MMA there were always people saying the next person Brock faced would beat him with ease, yet except for that screw up agianst Mir (and credit to Mir for taking advantage of it) Brock has been the convincing winner each time.

I say again, I'm not saying Brock would win. Hell Fedor is a beast of a different kind, but Brock wouldnt be an easy fight by any means, not even for Fedor.

Exactly, and the same happened with Herring and Mir. Hell whenever a Lesnar fight is announced just go and enjoy Sherdog, its well funny. Each time people come up with excuse after excuse for why Lesnar won, never giving him the credit for having some pretty damned impressive abilities, they only ever talk about his size. Brock has both which is why he's so damned dangerous.

Exactly, and the same happened with Herring and Mir. Hell whenever a Lesnar fight is announced just go and enjoy Sherdog, its well funny. Each time people come up with excuse after excuse for why Lesnar won, never giving him the credit for having some pretty damned impressive abilities, they only ever talk about his size. Brock has both which is why he's so damned dangerous.

Exactly your problem. Sherdog, and most MMA forums, are home to some of the most incredible smarking this side of the ROH forums.

I picked Brock over Herring, Mir, and ESPECIALLY Couture. Herring because he's mediocre, Mir because Brock's wrestling > his BJJ, and Couture because everything he's good at would be eliminated by Brock's skillset.

Fedor, though? Anyone who says Fedor will "kill him" has probably only seen a Fedor highlight or the Sylvia fight. He's a slow starter, and many an opponent look good and competitive against him as a fight progresses. It's when he adapts and decides on a method of attack when people find themselves in problems. Brock is good enough to wrestle ANYONE down for 5 rounds, but against Fedor, with the multitude of ways he can defeat you, and his crazy killer instinct, I think he puts Brock away in 3.

The guy is just too good.

That being said, before Brock's emergence, I'd always felt Barnett had the best chance at beating Fedor. We'll see how that goes down.

I said sherdog purely because its the most extreme and funny example.

But fully agree on Fedor, except I think that if Brock can get him down and can neutralise him using his weight like with Mir then brock will get the win. That said, Fedor is a damned slippery fighter and I wouldnt bet my house on Brock doing that even if he got him down.

I'd risk a tenner on Brock mind. :lol

I said sherdog purely because its the most extreme and funny example.

But fully agree on Fedor, except I think that if Brock can get him down and can neutralise him using his weight like with Mir then brock will get the win. That said, Fedor is a damned slippery fighter and I wouldnt bet my house on Brock doing that even if he got him down.

I'd risk a tenner on Brock mind. :lol

Brock's size and power would definately represent a huge problem for Fedor. Although i think Fedor would win 9/10 times it would still be an extremely tough fight for him. Now if this was to happen in say 2 years time the fight would be far more even. A much more even fight about now would be Brock vs Barnett, i think Barnett will give Fedor his toughest fight to date and when he loses hopefully we will see him back in the ufc [although with the history he has with Dana that seems unlikely]and challenging Brock!!

• 2 weeks later...

From the Wrestling Online Newsletter:

UFC 100 DOES OVER 1.5 MILLION BUYS

- A lot of people paid to see Brock Lesnar either get his ass whooped or see him seek revenge on Frank Mir as UFC President Dana White all but confirmed that UFC 100 did in excess of a stunning 1.5 million buys. Before the pay-per-view White said that if the show reaches 1.5 million he would "jump off the Mandalay Bay." At a news conference earlier today, White said that he has to clear it with the Las Vegas hotel but he's going to do it! "I'm gonna jump off that f**ker," an excited White said. UFC 100 was headlined by Lesar vs Mir to unify the UFC Heavyweight titles. Mir gave Lesnar his first - so far only - loss within 90 seconds in Lesnar's UFC debut 17 months ago. Lesnar got revenge however by beating Mir pretty bad resulting in the referee to stop the fight in the second round. The 10,871 in attendance paid a total of $5,128,490 in gate money.