Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Dana backflips off of Tito's giant head: The UFC Press Conference

Dead Crow

Glad you embrace your ignorance.

Well I dont like people saying I dont know anything about MMA when I obviously do! And I'm not kidding you, Lashley will be king!

Fedor would beat Lashley now for the same reason he'd beat Brock. Zero standup game. Neither of them would get a chance to take him down. He's much too quick with his hands.

Fedor might beat Lashley, but I am positive tat he will never beat Lesnar. Lesnar needs to work on boxing?? 2 words

Heath

Herring

Enough said.

Edited by Paul

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesnar didn't knock him out - he knocked him backwards.

Watch the punch Lesnar gave Herring and what happened next, and then go watch the punch that Henderson threw at Bisping and see the difference in the result.

I never said he had ko power, but he can box!

Part of me wants Lashley to dominate the non-UFC fights he has in MMA, go work for Dana and remain undefeated there as well (after all, he should improve the more matches he has), just so that, eventually (and under the condition Brock also remains champ), two former pro-wrestlers main event a UFC pay-per-view for the Heavyweight World Title.

I imagine the hardline MMA fans would explode, especially as that match, I believe, has the potential to draw a huge number.

I never said he had ko power, but he can box!

So landing, quite literally, two punches means you can box now? Sticking someone with their hands down with a haymaker and popping a jab =/= boxing ability...and that's all Brock did in the Herring fight.

What Brock does is by no stretch of the imagination boxing. Most MMA fighters, even guys with deadly stand-up, are terrible boxers. Ditto Fedor. It's why AA (who had some of the best hands even before), schooled by Freddie Roach, was so effective against him. Fedor is, however, lethal and much smarter with his hands than the average and throws punches in bunches. He's also quick and a monster capitalist (slightly ironic?). When he sees an opening to hit you, he'll hit you, and he'll hit you 2-3 times because he's fast enough.

Brock's standup is an obvious work in progress, but that's because it needs work. As I said, if he learns to box properly, it's game over. Boxing is the singular most effective stand-up discipline in MMA.

----------------

Now playing: Cobra Starship - Angie

via FoxyTunes

So landing, quite literally, two punches means you can box now? Sticking someone with their hands down with a haymaker and popping a jab =/= boxing ability...and that's all Brock did in the Herring fight.

Then how the f*ck is he winning all his fights, because he is certainly not winning them by head kicks!!!

I imagine the hardline MMA fans would explode, especially as that match, I believe, has the potential to draw a huge number.

That fight would bring in so many new fans, could you just imagine it, Vince would go mental ha!

Edited by Paul

Then how the f*ck is he winning all his fights, because he is certainly not winning them by head kicks!!!
Damn right, he is winning all of his fights... except, you know, that one he didn't actually win.

Damn right, he is winning all of his fights... except, you know, that one he didn't actually win.

So are you agreeing with me??:?:?

If Lashley V Lesnar is the ultimate draw match how long do you reckon they can put off having it? With Brock already being UFC champ he's going to lose to somebody at some point so does it make sense to try and get the Lashley fight as soon as possible to capitalise on the situation of two ex-wrestlers going for the top title? Or is it a case that both men should keep working on their overall game and go at it when both men are more polished for a "better" MMA fight? Does the title aspect make any difference to the potential drawing power of the match?

Fair enough, it sounded like an something that could get the casual fans buying to me but I'll bow to anyone elses greater knowledge about what draws in MMA. It surprises me that Lashley is doing both TNA and MMS as you would have thought that if he gets his ass handed to him in MMS then TNA can hardly keep going on about him as this God of Thunder etc etc.

Now again I could just be wrong but I'd assume that the MMA crowd just wouldn't give a sh*t if lashley wins in TNA or not. He's not really livining off of any achievments he's made in wrestling where as TNA are maing a HUGE deal about him being a current MMA "star".

Not winning them with boxing, either.

Well how is he winning them??

At this point in time, a Lesnar/Lashley fight would draw about 750,000 based solely on Brock Lesnar, and that means that you could replace Lashley with anyone. Not good.

How did you make these figures if you dont mind me asking, how do you know it could not make more???

Edited by Paul

Well how is he winning them??[/?

By ground and pound, I've yet to see that in a boxing match. Seriously, his attack strategy is to wrestle someone to the ground, nullify their offense with his wrestling then use what little leverage he can safely utilise to rabbit punch them until they submit.

Well watever way you look at it, he's dominating the division and it looks like its going to stay that way until someone deasent challanges. I would be suprised if Fedor could beat him. Lashley is the only man for the job.

Seriously Colm, Lashley hasnt yet fought anybody who was worthwhile so we dont know how good he is. Franklin, Guida and Cook were nobodies and Sapp, while a name, is a very poor mixed martial artist. In fact I'd say Sapp is worse than Tank Abott was at the same stage of their careers.