Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Dana backflips off of Tito's giant head: The UFC Press Conference

Dead Crow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if Lashley came in, kicked the f*ck out of Mir, Herring and Couture, and looking impressive doing it, then you're easily looking at 1.5m without even thinking about it. Until then, not happening.

Well obviouly he's not going to come into the UFC and fight Lesnar straight away. He'll have to climb the ladder. If he does what you say, beat Mir, Herring and Couture, him and Lesnar will definitly get more than 750,000.

Absolutely. But Lashley needs to make a name first because he's a no-name to UFC and Lesnar would probably slaughter him in minutes at this point.

Yes but if Fedor comes to the UFC he will get straight into fighting Lesnar. I think he should have to climb the ladder aswell.

Yes but if Fedor comes to the UFC he will get straight into fighting Lesnar. I think he should have to climb the ladder aswell.

Climb the ladder...for what? To prove he's the best heavyweight in the world? He has been for the past six years.

What ladder did Brock climb? His first fight in the UFC was against a former champion...which he lost. His second fight was against a journeyman, and his third fight was for the championship. He got a title match with a 1-1 UFC record. Exactly what ladder did he climb?

Climb the ladder...for what? To prove he's the best heavyweight in the world? He has been for the past six years.

What ladder did Brock climb? His first fight in the UFC was against a former champion...which he lost. His second fight was against a journeyman, and his third fight was for the championship. He got a title match with a 1-1 UFC record. Exactly what ladder did he climb?

I never said that I was happy the way Brock got a shot so arly, Im just saying that everyone should have to climb, Brock was no exception. He should have climbed.

But thats stupid. Fedor IS a huge name in MMA, it would be like TNA (for example) brining in The Rock and having him start at the bottom with a 3 month fued with Shark Boy. Just a waste.

Yeah, but he wont earn the money that way.

Undefeated Fedor Vs Brock = monster buyrate, absolute monster.

Fedor Vs Mir/Couture/whoever = good buyrate.

Brock vs a Fedor who has lost already in UFC = good/great buyrate.

Get it?

Guest Dusty Finish
Carwin could not knock out Brock for a start, Brock would have him on the ground before he could get any shots in.

Nogueira submitting Brock?:lol:lol Not likely. Nogueira could'nt submit a teabag.

Cain Velasquez couldnt beat him because he just doesnt have the ko power let alone the phsical power to keep Brock in a defensive position.

I stand by my guns. Bobby Lashey is the only MMA fighter who could take Brock Lesnar!!!:good222:

Sorry I'm late back to the party, people, been in Manchester for 4 days, ticking something off my lifetime "to do" list.....

The whole thing about the Lesnar buzz that is really doing my head in is that, for everything we've learned about his game in his 5 fights thus far, there's still so much we don't know.

Lesnar's chin hasn't been tested by anyone with proven knockout power. Carwin showed he has short range, one punch KO power against Gonzaga. Oh, and he's pretty damn fast too. Lesnar's striking has proven effective thus far in that it has tremendous girth behind it but, whist I wouldn't go as far as to use the term "sloppy", it's ceratinly unrefined. As has been mentioned, training to box to a reasonable standard would increase his potency greatly (as it would for a great number of MMA fighters). It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that Carwin could get inside his reach and throw leather.

Nogueira is the greatest submission artist in the history of MMA. As much as I gush over the beautiful groundwork of Dustin Hazelett, Demian Maia and Rousimar Palhares, it's not even close. Since the first Mir fight, we haven't had chance to see how much Lesnar's submission defence has evolved.

Another thing about Lesnar that no-one can be sure of is his cardio level. In Round 2 against Couture, he was beginning to show signs of slowing down and sucking air. Cain has similar wrestling credentials to Lesnar, and displayed has exemplary control from the top in each of his fights to date (bottom being a position we've yet to see Lesnar in). What we do know is that Velasquez has an excellent chin- the fact that Cheick Kongo is relatively one dimensional often detracts from the fact that, Cro Cop on form (and possibly Mark Hunt, who's not even a factor any more) aside, he's the most accomplished technical heavyweight striker in MMA, and Velasquez took two clean head shots from him, so it's feasible that he could withstand a couple of blows from Lesnar too. It's never been called into question whether Cain has KO power- on evidence so far, he hasn't. So, again, I conclude that a decision for Velasquez across five rounds isn't all that far fetched.

Fedor has never lost a round. Not one round. That one loss on his record is BS. Regardless of what Dana White says by way of propaganda (and many, for some reason, allow to influence their line of thinking), he is indisputably the greatest heavyweight of all time. In MMA terms, at this point, Bobby Lashley is a nobody. Not to say that'll always be the case, as everyone has to start somewhere & he certainly seems to be going about MMA in a sensible fashion, but the fact remains is he has absolutely everything to prove.

Edited by Dusty Finish

Guest Dusty Finish

Well, no-one can accuse Zuffa of not striking while the iron is still hot.....

None of this is official, but everywhere reliable is reporting that Ben Rothwell vs Chase Gormley is off, because Rothwell is now fighting Velasquez, because Velasquez vs Carwin is now off because.....

.... Carwin is fighting Lesnar at UFC 106!

Get in!! Between this and Marquardt vs Maia at 102, I'm very, very excited.

Oh, and Ortiz vs Coleman is all but rubber stamped for the same night.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Sherdog is apparently confirming the Carwin vs Lesnar fight to take place at UFC 106 on (I think) November 16th

I have a feeling that Fedor will come in and do the same thing as Arlovski.

Arlovski came in and everyone thought he would be unbeatable.

He came in, beat Aaron Brink.

And lost fights against real fighters.

He lost against Ricco Rodriguez and heavyweight contender Pedro Rizzo.

Now he is only fighting in nick-nack fights.

Fedor should build up a Lesnar fight by fighting at least one other fighter.

If he does come to the UFC we dont want another Andrei Arlovski.