TWO Music Club - Round VIII

Guest Reno

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down In Mexico by The Coasters

Makes me want to go and listen to some Motown. :lol

Its Ok, nothing special though. I probably wouldnt ever listen to it given the choice. 5/10

Flames by VAST

Love the music, the guys voice seems very weak though, every time he tries to get even slightly louder (also higher for some reason) his voice does a funy little wobble as it struggles to get there.

I think though that I could really get into this, and I will be looking for more of these guys. 7/10

Laffy

Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Absolutely love this song. A pure 10/10 with nothing much more needing to be said.

10/10

Pomp & Circumstance

Not my cup of mocha at all, sorry! Extra point for the crowd's enthusiasm though.

2/10

Nimf

Coasters - Down In Mexico

I love The Coasters, one of my guilty pleasures. Not my fave track of theirs - that would be Along Came Jones or Run Red Run - but this is still DAMN fine. The video helps, natch. Love this type of music, I do!

9/10

VAST - Flames

Heard a few VAST tracks before and I've never really been sold on them beyond thinking "oh that's quite nice" - this doesn't really change that. It's nice, but not mind numbingly great. Like the vocals though...

7/10

Edited by Inno

Guest Beefhead

Nimf

Coasters---Down In Mexico

Love the coasters but Inno has the right idea with this not quite being as good as Run Red Run, or Along came Jones, and I'd add Poison Ivy and Charlie Brown to the list as well. Still a good song and the smoking hot girl in the video definitely added something, I immediately looked her up lol. video 9/10, song a respectable 7/10

VAST---Flames

Pretty good song, never heard of em before, rather liked this honestly. 8/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

The Coasters - Down In Mexico: It was an okay song, not bad, probably wouldnt listen to it again 5/10

VAST - Flames: Um it was alright i guess, bit slow for my liking! 5/10

Guest Shane O Mac

I'm behind again...

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here It wasn't bad. Took a while to get into it though, but it is quite relaxing 6/10

Pomp and Circumstance- No1 Not my thing. My parents both love classical music, but its just not me. 1/10

The Coasters- Down In Mexico Didn't like this. Just seemed the same the whole way through 3/10

Vast- Flames Not sure about this. Really liked it when it first started, but towards the end I wasn't that keen on it. 5/10

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I've never really listened to Pink Floyd much before. I'm not too impressed by this, it was alright but I didn't think it was too amazing. 5/10

Pomp and Circumstance No. 1

I don't think classical is my type of thing. This just didn't click at all. It wasn't bad, classical fans would probably get a kick out of it anyway. Just not for me. 3/10

The Coasters - Down In Mexico

Ah, Deathproof. Not even my favourite song from the soundtrack, that would be Chick Habit by April March. I really liked the song when I first saw the film, but that was a while ago. I kinda went off it since then. 5/10

Vast - Flames

When it started it really reminded me of Radiohead's "No Surprises". I almost expected to hear Jonny Greenwood start playing his Glockenspiel... once the vocals came in, the comparison stopped. I just found it a little "meh". I got quite bored through it, actually. Nope, not for me. 2/10