Fan Clubs | beta

TWO Music Club - Round VIII

Guest Reno

Chris Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight

Yeah, I got into this. I agree that it just barely escapes 'generic pop'. Although I could imagine me downloading this, the tune was great to listen to and the vocals worked well. 10/10

Green River Ordinance - Come On

Hmm, not so much liking this one, vocals weren't so great and let the song down, felt slightly repetitive to me. 7/10

Turisas - Rasputin

Yeah!! This song is great IMO, just a kind of song that makes you want to dance and would so totally love it to be on at a party. One bad thing is I couldn't understand the lyrics at some points but that's maybe just me.

9/10

Dropkick Murphy's - I'm Shipping up to Boston

Great song, is a bit repetitive and could use some more verses I'll admit, but the tune is funking awesome, I love it.

9/10

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Beefhead

Sicx---Killing fields

Meh I like rap but not really liking this at all. Not even going there about the rest of this. 2/10

Big Poky---The Hardest Pit

kinda dug this m'self 6/10

Madvilliany--- All Caps

Thats some good rap, liked this quite a bit 7/10

Beatles---I Want You

Tremendous, one of my favorite Beatles tunes 9/10

Daughtry--- Feels Like Tonight

I'm a fan of Daughtry, this song is not as good as some of his others though. Pretty good though so 6/10

Green River Ordinance--- Come On

Hmmm I generally like this type of stuff, surprisingly though this is kinda grating to me today. Wish I knew why. Also kinda generic and paint by numbers for the AI influenced male pop rock genre 5/10

Turisas---Rasputin

Freaking tremendous, from the video to the song everything is ace. I really really like this 10/10

DKM--- I'm Shipping to Boston

Awesome love me some Murphys. Not my favorite one though 8/10

Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight

It's really nothing I haven't heard before. Just plain, generic inoffensive stuff. I've never liked anything like it, there's nothing really there that makes it stand out. 2/10

Pretty much the same as above... I'm still nto digging anything like this. Sorry. 2/10

Turisas - Rasputin

I already knew the songs from a while back, thanks to Dr. ZERO. It's cheesey, but it's brilliantly cheesey. I love it, makes me wanna don some viking gear and head to the nearest roller disco. I just think it's that awesome. 10/10

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping up to Boston

I rather enjoyed this, not what I'd usually listen to. I think gonna have to look up a little more of their stuff. It did get a tiny bit repetative, but not that it bothers me too much (see my Beatles pick :P). 7/10

Guest Springsteen

Well it's Monday so i may as well.

First of all we have Human by The Killers.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCE1MeUZgNk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCE1MeUZgNk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And then Clubfoot by Kasabian

[YOUTUBE]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Human by The Killers.

Yeah, I like this. I heard it before but didn't realise it was The Killers, his voice is very different here to Mr Brightside. The music is a little dancier than I normaly like, but I can forgive it for the rather 80s synth feel towards the end. :lol

7/10

Clubfoot by Kasabian

I just can't hear this without thinking of 1PW shows and watching Fleisch and Storm teaming. Its really, really catchy. In fact you could remove the singing and just have the 'ahhh ah ah ah ah' and I'd be happy. I'm tempted to give this a 9, but its not quite that good. 8/10

Edited by Paul

Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight

Lovely voice. Liked the song too. Againable. I'll be 'aquiring' this one I think! 9/10

Oh I like this! It's a cute wee tune. Danceable to. Specifically liked the verses. Cute! 8/10

Turisa - Rasputin

My Dad introduced me to Rasputin some years back, can't say I've listened to them since. Really enjoyed this one though! 8/10

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping to Boston

I adore Dropkick Murphys. Saw them live a few eyars ago, they opened for The Pogues. They ooze ace ness. The are a band I flitter onto now and then, occasionally forgetting about them then going back. This isn't my fav of their (that place saved for Wild Rover which I love more than life itself!) but still a superb tune. 9/10

The Killers - Human

I'mundecided on The Killers. I like them sometimes and can't stand them toher times. This time, definite likage! I'll listen to this agin. Liked the build up to chorus, which should have been heavier in my opinion. 8/10

Kasabian - Clubfoot

Agree with what DS said about removing the singing - that' make it even catchier. I like this, very catchy but I wouldn't stuick it on my mp3 player as it'd possibly annoy me after a while! 7/10

The Killers - Human

Now I like the Killers but this song is a hot and cold situation. I wouldn't be able to listen to it constantly, I prefer their older stuff.

6/10

Kasabian - Club Foot

Good song and a tune which is recognizable, never really looked into Kasabian, pretty much the only song I know from them.

8/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

The Killers - Human: Hmmm i do like this song, but i dont think i could listen to it repeatedly, i prefer the killers older stuff (Somebody told me, mr brightside etc) but still good song none the less: 7/10

Kasabian - Club Foot: Not really heard any of Kasabian's stuff before, but this song isnt bad!! i agree with what the others have said about taking out the lyrics lol, catchy tune, but wouldnt listen to it repeatedly: 7/10

Guest Shane O Mac
Shane O Mac in singing show contestent shocker! :lol

I might shock you all one day and not post one...not likely, but you never know :lol

Turisas - Rasputin I liked this. Really catchy...good song. 7/10

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping up to Boston Preferred it before they started singing. Not bad though. 5/10

The Killers - Human Wasn't bad. I'm not a great fan of them, but it's alright. 5/10

Kasabian - Clubfoot Didn't really like it. Just wasn't my thing. 2/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

Okay, im posting my songs today as I'm out all day tomorrow! And no, don't worry Springsteen, I'm not posting any HSM songs :P

Firstly we have The All American Rejects- Another Heart Calls! I love this song, my favourite song from the album!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And secondly...well it took me ages to pick which other song to use, but i finally decided on All Time Low- Weightless! Heard this song on Kerrang while i was waiting for Summerslam to start and loved it straight away!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1kJrgcME20&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1kJrgcME20&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Springsteen

The All American Rejects- Another Heart Calls

Started off slowly but picked up. Not a big fan of the tune but the lyrics are ok. 7/10.

All Time Low- Weightless

The Video's alright, but the flow of the tune and style of singing is nothing I haven't heard many times before. 3/10, sorry Hannah :/

I've finally gotten around to catching up:

Turisas - Rasputin - Well that was awful. Awful, awful, awful. 2/10

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping up to Boston - Ugh, I've heard this one before, on some TV ad. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. 2/10

The Killers - Human - Annoying vocals, boring music, didn't like it. 2/10

Kasabian - Club Foot - Not my type of thing at all. 2/10

All American Rejects - Another Heart Calls - Boring music + annoying singing = I didn't like it. 2/10

All Time Low - Weightless - I found this highly annoying. 2/10

The All American Rejects- Another Heart Calls

Reminds me of something, but I dont know what. Hmm. anyway I quite like this, its very MOTR but it just works for me anyway. Yeah, I could listen to this again for sure, though not very often. :lol 7/10

All Time Low- Weightless

Paint by numbers teeny shite designed for people who want to be rock fans but are just pop fans at heart. Horrible. 3/10

Springsteen

The Killers - Human

Nothing the Killers have done since All These Things I've Done has been of that standard. having said that, this isn't TOO bad. I really would never tire of slapping Brandon Flowers with a wet fish, but I can seperate the music. Quite like this but nothing special.

6/10

Kasabian - Club Foot

The world need not worry that Po-Face-Is have split up. The parka wearing brigade have a new band to worship. God, I hate this lot. Only Serge's wonder goal on Soccer AM is noteworthy. The song sounds like Ian Brown and Liam Gallagher had a love child. Ugh

1/10

hanz4matt

All American Rejects - Another Heart Calls

Hmmm. Do you remember when we didn't care, says the first line. That time, my friends, is now. No wonder they're rejects. I like a couple of tracks by these guys, but not this. Sounds like a rejected My Chemical Romance B-Side. Not doing anything for me :(

1/10

All Time Low - Weightless

No wonder Kerrang would play this. This is right up their street now, seeing as they are aimed at this "market". Whiny, lightweight, dull, inane, pointless. And that's just Kerrang. HA! No seriously, not my cup of tea at all. Video's quite entertaining I guess.

1/10

Guest Beefhead

AAR---Another heart calls

Yeah this genre of pop-punk-tween rock has some gems hidden in it. I find quite a bit I do like but more I don't. Dont really like this much at all, sorry to say. 3/10

All Time Low---Weightless

Liked this less than the last one. Both of these tracks are really generic, paint by number efforts. 2/10

Kenny Chesney w/ Dave Matthews---Alive

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEOslGbHvUM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEOslGbHvUM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Fast becoming the guy that post country music that nobody but him likes. I hope this fares a little better than past choices, as Dave's voice is in top form on this cut, though I fully expect a tidal wave of 2-4/10 votes

Mastodon---Blood and Thunder

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

Quite like this even though heavy metal is not my first choice, the music is crisp and extremely well played. The vocals are not as harsh as some metal vocals, and this is just a well done track.

TheDef

Kenny Chesney w/ Dave Matthews - Alive

I like some country/nu country/whatever they call it these days... I like to play it backwards and get my wife, house, kids, dog and pick up back ;) This is quite chilled, laid back. Has that annoying vocal lilt that most country singers have that really irritates me, but listenable despite that. Quite digging this, to be honest.

7/10

Mastodon - Blood & Thunder

Loving the opening riff. Very nice. Not as screamy as a lot of Mastodon stuff that I've heard... must admit, I may be getting old but people screaming does not inspire me to listen to them. I'm familiar-ish with Mastodon, but this doesn't sound like stuff that I've heard by them - in fact, I'm quite liking this.

7/10

Guest Beefhead

must admit, I may be getting old but people screaming does not inspire me to listen to them.

Quite agree with this comment, and the reason I liked that track so much was because its not as screamy as most metal these days.