Fan Clubs | beta

Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread *Sky 1 pace, no spoilers*

Kam

The final season of Lost begins in 2010, here are a few videos in preparation...

"Destiny"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"Life & Death"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"Lost Season 6 Fan Trailer"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBEpAIvQlA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBEpAIvQlA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was so awesome. I've recently been re-watching Lost from the very beginning and I never seem to tire of it.

I am completely emotionally invested in every single character(yes, even Ben) that I already know how sad I'm going to be when the show finally ends next year.

I have feeling that not all the questions will ever be answered but I am ok with that. I honestly think that the conclusion is going to be the greatest thing ever seen in television history.

Completely agree with everything you just said. The show has been amazing; I’ve never watched a show that’s kept me hooked from episode to episode for this long. As much as I can’t wait for the final season...I don’t want it to end!

After re watching season 1 and 2 again, I though of a few things. Granted some are from later seasons.

1) I will be crushed if anything bad happens to Bernard and Rose(Adam and Eve maybe?). As Well as Hurley and Vincent. As long as they're safe, anything else is fine. Damn, I love that dog.

2) I kinda hope that the rumors of Charlie coming back are just that, rumors. If he where to return, it would make his heroic sacrifice pointless. Unless of course Jack/Daniel Faraday's bomb plan worked. Which I'm not sure happened. I think that Sayid may have been lying about rigging the bomb to detonate on impact. After all, he said "Nothing can save me now."

3) As long as they stay away from a final montage in which "Wonderful World" or the Leonard Cohen classic, "Hallelujah" plays over the last scene. I would be so overwhelmed with emotion that I wouldn't be able to watch.

4) I think that all the answers to the tough questions can be summed up in John Locke's suicide note statement to Jack - "I wish you would have believed me."

5) It's pretty apparent that "The Smoke Monster" is Jacob's nemesis, Black Shirt, for lack of a better name. I have ideas that it may be Easu from the biblical story, but I kinda hope not. I guess that would be better then them both being aliens.

6) One thing I can't figure out is Aaron's role in all of this. Will he be the reincarnation of Jacob? Did Black Shirt take the form of Christian to convince Clair to keep him away from the island?

Sheesh. I have never loved a tv show this much. I'm sure I'll come up with more as the season approaches.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Guest Anime Otaku

I think fans dubbing the black shirted guy Easu is because he's Jacob's brother in the bible and I'm guessing they didn't get along, but I don't think Jacob is meant actually be the Jacob from the bible it's just a significant name the same as many of the characters sharing at least their surname with philosophers that they have some views in common with.

What's really interesting me is both a little thing and probably a HUGE thing. Is Ben Linus' assertion that "We're the good guys" actually going to turn out to be true?

I think fans dubbing the black shirted guy Easu is because he's Jacob's brother in the bible and I'm guessing they didn't get along, but I don't think Jacob is meant actually be the Jacob from the bible it's just a significant name the same as many of the characters sharing at least their surname with philosophers that they have some views in common with.

I totally agree. I don't think it's Easu either, although there have been tons of biblical references.

What's really interesting me is both a little thing and probably a HUGE thing. Is Ben Linus' assertion that "We're the good guys" actually going to turn out to be true?

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm starting to think that even Charles Widmore might even trying to do the right thing. As strange as it may seem, I feel bad for Ben, he's been used as a pawn for so long that he can't see any of the mistakes that he's made.

After re watching season 1 and 2 again, I though of a few things. Granted some are from later seasons.

1) I will be crushed if anything bad happens to Bernard and Rose(Adam and Eve maybe?). As Well as Hurley and Vincent. As long as they're safe, anything else is fine. Damn, I love that dog.

I think the only reason they've kept Rose and Bernard around still is because of the Adam and Eve connection. I guess if they are them...they won't be in the final season. I'm sure I read somewhere that the writers confirmed that Vincent would still be alive by the end of the show but wouldn't confirm anyone else :)

2) I kinda hope that the rumors of Charlie coming back are just that, rumors. If he where to return, it would make his heroic sacrifice pointless. Unless of course Jack/Daniel Faraday's bomb plan worked. Which I'm not sure happened. I think that Sayid may have been lying about rigging the bomb to detonate on impact. After all, he said "Nothing can save me now."
I just can't wait to see how season 6 starts...just to see if the plan worked or not. I was gutted they killed off Charlie (like quite a few of the other deaths!)...so will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Only around 4-5 months to go!

Guest Anime Otaku
I wouldn't mind him coming back in dreams or hallucinations, but not full time. There isn't really much scope for that to happen unlike the Others that have died anyway that became big parts of the backstory.

From what I saw at comic con, he (Charlie) will definitely be involved somehow in season 6, as well as Boon and Shannon, from what I've heard anyway. I'm kinda hoping for a brief return from Libby and Mr. Eko, myself.

Keep an eye on Kate, there is something fishy going on with her. She's more then she seems. She has done everything imaginable to keep Ben safe. Plus, how many times was she captured by the others, just to have been let go. My guess is that she has some sort of connection to Ben, even before the crash.

I honestly think there may be some kind of swerve going on. I don't really trust Jacob. I don't have anything to back that up, just a gut feeling.

Also, isn't it weird that one of the themes has been that every leader has someone else that they report to? If that's the case, I wonder who Jacob and Black Shirt answer to?

I've been looking at some of the LOST theory websites and my god those people are taking things WAY to far. But it is LOST, so who really knows.

4/5 months is going to seem like an eternity!

• 2 months later...

Lost is back on 2nd February in the USA meaning it won't be long after until it airs on Sky!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_Emf6ayoE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_Emf6ayoE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...

Sky have confirmed LOST will be back on Fridays at 9pm from February 5th!

Since there is a block on any channels airing any season 6 footage in the trailers (considering how season 5 ended you can understand why)...this is what a few have done to advertise the final season:

ABC:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_fS__MkP-U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_fS__MkP-U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

SKY:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf4qvGDxnUI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf4qvGDxnUI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I thought Spain's one was pretty good...

CUATRO (Spain)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Fridays does seem like an odd choice...it will be airing on Tuesdays in the USA...I thought they'd show it on Thursdays over here. It could be something to do with their contract...have to show it a certain amount of days after the US airing.

Guest Anime Otaku
Sky should just steal the Spanish one and put their own dub on it it's that awesome. :D I liked the last shot of the ABC ad as well. Definitely looking forward to the new season, may have to break out the DVDs to watch the old series again.

• 2 weeks later...

The show starts in about 1 hour!

Another fantastic fan made trailer to get you ready...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCHj8juJQo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCHj8juJQo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Anime Otaku
Nice pretitle bit. Shame they have reverted to the original white on black title card instead of keeping the black on white from the end of S5

We've gone from flashbacks to flashforwards, jumping in time to flash-sidewards!

I like the idea of seeing the 'what if' scenario...it already appears as if the group end up meeting/interacting with one another without the crash.

I imagine something is going to happen in either one of the scenarios to cause one outcome rather than the two we are seeing.

Gutted about Juliet dying...but I'm sure we'll see her again considering her talk about getting coffee. I'm assuming she did a Desmond and was conscious in the 'what if' scenario...and that's why she knew it worked.

Enjoyed the two episodes, plenty of new questions, I can't wait to see the next one!

Guest Anime Otaku

Loved the two parter, especially Easu/Man in Black/UnLocke's "I'm sorry you had to see me like that."

What I'm wondering is even though Jacob's faction does actually seem to be the good guys, though of the Well Intentioned Extremeist variety, do their actions have a negative effect on people. The reason I think they do is basically the contrast in back story between the main plot and the new flashback/sideways as with the exception of Kate everyone that Jacob met seems to be happy. Also I'm going to predict right now that the flash sideways line will end up being the ending we get and the timeline that the show started with will have a Kill 'em All ending.