Fan Clubs | beta

Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread *Sky 1 pace, no spoilers*

Kam

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky One has revealed that it is to broadcast the finale of Lost in the UK at exactly the same time as it is shown in the US.

In a bid stop piracy and, more importantly, make sure nobody spoils* what happens through the medium of Twitter, Sky will show the last two episodes (title: The End) at 5am Monday 24 May.

The episodes will be both shown on Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD and the same thing will be happening in six other countries outside of the US (Italy, Spain, Portugal, Israel, Turkey and Canada).

Lost and found

This will come as great news to many who thought that they would have to endure five days trying to stay spoiler-free before the episodes were to be shown on the proposed date 28 May.

Lost is coming to an end after six seasons and is one of the most talked-about televisions shows ever, due to its labyrinthine plot and numerous mysteries.

Recently, the show topped a social media interactions chart, with Networked Insights noting that it has between 131.4 million and 126.5 million social media interactions (posts and reads) per month.

The penultimate episode of Lost is currently available for dodgy-download from over 140,000 seeders on BitTorrent alone – expect this to be significantly less for the next episode as a result of the simulcast.

From tech radar

Guest The Cork

Thumbs up!

I was seriously considering becoming a hermit until the ending to avoid any spoilers, but kudos to Sky for showing it on Monday. Im actually pissing myself with excitement, having already watched the penultimate episode (great, you must watch), but I fear the ending may be 'too open'. If the whole thing ends up being a dream and the very last shot is of one of them waking up, Im going on a full blown rampage at having wasted 5 years watching it.

Guest The Cork
Technically you'd have wasted 6 years??

Technically was there any need to correct a minute detail of my post??

Technically was there any need to correct a minute detail of my post??

Yes. As a lost fan I can't be dealing with numbers being wrong. :lol

I'm proper looking forward to the end of Lost. I thought yesterday's episode was really good in a "Here's a bunch of stuff to whet your whistle before te finale" kinda way.

Ooh, that Ben's a nasty bag of washing ain't he?!

Guest The Cork

Im still not sure what these 'flashes' are meant to represent. Sure, we know that Desmond can travel between the two 'worlds' so to speak, but what relevance does that parallel universe have to the island?

Also, what happened to Walt?

It looked like he was a focal point in the earlier series, he had some sort of psychic power, yet he just got tossed aside and hasnt even been in this season. I hope there are a lot of loose ends tied up. I want a closed ending, not one left open for a movie tie-in.

Guest Anime Otaku
Considering what Ben's been through since the freighter arc, and the awesomeness of Michael Emerson's portrayal of the character, I genuinely hope he gets some degree of a happy ending, but I've not seen the last two episodes. I need to watch them before the finale.

Guest Anime Otaku
The Island part of the Finale was great, the Flash Sideways part, specifically the last few minutes... not so much, though maybe a few more watches will help. Though TBH I wasn't expecting too many answers to the mysteries. Asking "What is (X)" with the characters we had is kind of like asking "What is the Monster" in Cloverfield. None of the characters we got were in a position to answer that.

Guest The Beltster
I still dont get the relevance of the numbers, why women cant have babies on the island, why Vincent the dog was back, where Walt was, who died and when...did they all die on the original crash, if so, when did Linus, Juliette, Russo and Alex die...was Desmond alive pushing that button or already dead...why did the man in black turn into the smoke monster when he went into the light but Jack didnt...I mean come on.

Guest Anime Otaku
The Island bit was real life so they died when we saw them die unless they were still kicking at the end of the Island storyline. I don't think we see Vincent in the other world at all. During the conversation between Jack and Christian, Christian said some died before him and some died afterwards so basically Ben and Hurley may have been thousands of years old like Jacob was.

Guest takemethere
Didn't they fob the whole Walt thing off by getting someone to visit him when they got off the island (Locke?) and he said he was happy where he was or whatever? That doesn't explain when he used to randomly appear on the island, but my sister reckons they gave it up because the actor who played him grew up too fast (which is true, he'd aged loads), but I'm not sure if that's a fact or just speculation.

Guest Anime Otaku

Yeah If I remember right when they are gathering people to return to the Island one of them, Locke I think, says he's been through enough.

Have to say though that the more I think about it the more I do like the ending. Especially the way they finished things off by having the last image be Jack's eye closing.

Guest The Beltster

I've just worked it all out and it all makes sense.

Everything that happened in the original timeline, on the island was real. Every event, every death, everything, it was all real and happened. The people who escaped at the end really did escape thats all real.

Everything in the alternate timelines were each characters intertwined versions of the afterlife and they were all trying, without realizing, to get back together.

Everybody at the end were the people who made it to 'heaven', all the people who did bad shit couldnt get in (Michael and Eko who were bastards in their past and were trapped as whispers on the island and Linus who said he wasnt coming into the church, maybe he couldnt).

Christian told Jack some people died before him, some long after, so everybody who died before him in the original timeline really did die that way at that time. All the people who escaped on the plane died long after which would explain Kate telling Jack she missed him, because he had died in 2004 and she had escaped on the plane and lived out the rest of her life. This also explains Hugo telling Linus he made a great number 2 and Linus telling Hugo he was a great number one, meaning they lived out the rest of their lives together in charge of the island before dying.

Everything makes perfect sense and it was a great ending, it just took some thinking about.

Guest Anime Otaku

Only bit I kinda disagree with is your bit about Ben, I think that's part of his atoning for what he did in the past. One thing I heard is maybe Danielle and Alex had had flashes and realised what he'd done to them (I loved the bit, I think it was the episode before, when Alex was going on about how nice Ben is) so he's going to wait and try to win their forgiveness before moving on.

One thing that occured to me is that the afterlife they went to was actually Hurley's "Rule" for his time as the Island's protector. Remember Jack says that Hurley's good at helping people before he passes on the job to him and the afterlife was basically about helping people move on.

Also was I the only one who didn't realise that the name Christian Shepherd is funny until it was pointed out by Kate?

Oh yeah, and the S6 DVDs don't coem out until September according to Amazon. Grr!

Edited by Anime Otaku