Fan Clubs | beta

Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread *Sky 1 pace, no spoilers*

Kam

Guest The Cork
Everybody at the end were the people who made it to 'heaven', all the people who did bad shit couldnt get in (Michael and Eko who were bastards in their past and were trapped as whispers on the island and Linus who said he wasnt coming into the church, maybe he couldnt).

If thats the case why did Kate, Sayid and Jin (murderers), Sawyer (con artist) and Charlie (drug addict) get in?

Everything makes perfect sense and it was a great ending, it just took some thinking about.

Why did Ben murder Locke? Why did the Dharma Initiative keep dropping supplies to the people on the island? Who built all the Egyptian statues and temples? Were the island lives that we've been watching for the past six years real, or did they take place in limbo?

I think they totally made it up as they were going along, and in the midst of adding the exciting scenes, questions built up and time ran out, meaning the finale ended up as a huge copout which didnt answer anything really.

It made no sense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats the case why did Kate, Sayid and Jin (murderers), Sawyer (con artist) and Charlie (drug addict) get in?

Why did Ben murder Locke? Why did the Dharma Initiative keep dropping supplies to the people on the island? Who built all the Egyptian statues and temples? Were the island lives that we've been watching for the past six years real, or did they take place in limbo?

I guess they atoned for their sins...Sayid saved the rest on the sub and the others have helped in one way or another over the years.

Ben was always jealous of Locke...he even mentions it in the finale.

As Belty said everything on the Island was real...he pretty much has it spot on.

I think it was clear with the Across the Sea episode that they were not going to answer alot of the questions people had. I can now understand why they aired that episode when they did rather than give the Jacob story in the finale. I wanted answers like you...but realised after this episode we were not going to get them...so I was prepared to just enjoy the finale which was looking like it would just focus on the characters themselves.

I thought the finale was excellent...a great end to the show. There were some great moments and plenty of emotional scenes, especially that ending!

Guest The Beltster
I think they atoned their sins as Kam mentioned.

I think they totally made it up as they were going along, and in the midst of adding the exciting scenes, questions built up and time ran out, meaning the finale ended up as a huge copout which didnt answer anything really.

It made no sense.

The island lives were real, as I said. The alternate timelines were each characters seperate version of 'limbo' where they were all, without realizing, interacting with each other and trying to get back together.

You're missing my point though, everything made sense in the finale, they didnt answer every question they raised during the entire run if the show, but everything they put in the finale and how they got all the main characters together at the end made sense.

It wasnt a cop out at all, it answered the main, big questions and left you thinking about some of the minor details, which I think was the point. Throw certain things in there and not give you a difinitive answer so that you are always wondering, basically, about things that dont matter.

Guest The Cork

I did enjoy some parts of the finale, it was bound to be criticised no matter what because there was too many mysteries left with no answer, not everyone got their explanation I suppose. I liked the part where Jack and MIB Locke finally confronted and Jack said he wasn't going to stop him, he was going to let him go then kill him. I think that really increased anticipation for the clash later on in the episode. There were some moments where I went a bit girly as well, Claire going into labour then remembering Charlie was an emotional time for me lol.

I get your points where they atoned their sins, surely Eko being a do-gooder and becoming a priest (i think he did anyway), and Michael actually showing he cared about Walt would come under that catagory, but hey, whatever lol.

I guess most of the main questions have been answered anyway, the ones I noted are minor in the scheme of things, its been a great T.V show in its entirety and we should appreciate that, I guess. I'll watch it again at a later date to see if it makes any more sense.

It made no sense.

"Questions just lead to more questions. Just rest and be happy that your alive."

I was happy with the finale. I realized early on in the season and especially after "Across the Sea" that we weren't gonna get any real answers. I came to accept than and decide just to enjoy the end to a great show and say goodbye to all the characters that I had grown to love.

Guest Anime Otaku

I just managed to get on to The Fuselage forum and read a summation of the Finale that puts a nice spin on Ben's ending. Basically the final scene, from Jack touching the coffin Christian was in to the moment he closes his eyes was written way back at the same time as the Pilot and they didn't change it to account for added characters like Ben. So basically what they said was that it's all about certain people being linked to each other in groups. Desmond and Hurley were the two who were trying to help the S1 group wake up, realise their connections and move on.

Ben wasn't in that group because his character was only intended to be in 3 episodes. Instead Ben will be the one to gather another group probably consisting of Others like Ethan and Goodspeed plus Danielle, Alex and his Father, and maybe Ana Lucia.

There is also a Third group with no gatherer that we know of as yet that would be the freighter people like Faraday and Charlotte, and a fourth (maybe) for Eloise and Widmore, though they may be in the Freighter Group and the Other's group respectively. Anyone that cannot move on ever is stuck on the island as a whisper like Michael and doesn't go to the Purgatory/waiting area at all.

A few bits from Youtube:

"THE CONVERSATION": LOST PRODUCERS SPEAK ON FINALE

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagGI_s13sQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagGI_s13sQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A trailer made for the finale by theblackbox who has made some amazing Lost videos...

LOST 6x17/18 - SERIES FINALE PROMO TRAILER

[YOUTUBE]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The problem with Eko was flat out the actor wasn't available.

According to E! he was offered a role in the finale, but wanted 5 times what they were offereing. Could be a total crock though.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Lovely little explanation from Mr Alex Day

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 months later...