Fan Clubs | beta

The Dark Knight Rises (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

DC

Guest Sparrow
I dont think they would do it down to the letter. I mean it would just get a bit to confusing for the casual fans, I think if the Storyline was ever going to get done, it would be Nightwing who takes over Batman's duties.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are getting far too bogged down in a single Bane storyline (OK, the best, but still...). Its not a difficult character in terms of doing an origin storyline for. Mind, anyone could do better than the last filmed version. *shudder*
What really killed me about the debacle that was Bane in Batman & Robin was that in the pre-release stills of the character, he genuinely looked the part and I was so excited to see this guy brought to life... and then, when I watched the film and realised the look was the only thing they got even close to being right, I almost cried.

• 1 month later...
that looks like somethign someone knocked up in photoshop!!
MS Paint, actually. :lol

I put it together (OK, putting it together took about four seconds) to report the news that the release date has been confirmed by the studio.

I'll put good money on that not being the eventual release date. Have they even started casting yet?
Release dates change all the time anyway, so you're not exactly taking a chance with that bet, J-Rock.

July 20th, 2012 came from an official Warner Bros. statement (although, somehow, AICN have it listed as July 20th, 2010 in an amazingly bad typo). There are loads of news stories doing the rounds at the moment, from Entertainment Weekly and MTV to the lower-end of the internet movie sites.

As for what is and isn't ready with regards to cast or a script, if Inception is anything to go by, Nolan at least knows how to keep a secret (although, admittedly, Batman 3 is a completely different animal). Also, there have been plenty of movies, usually sequels, that have had release dates set in stone, with some having a release date even before the previous film has been released itself.

Edited by DC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sparrow
Hm, If they are to bring the Joker back. Don't know if it has been said or not but surely Joseph Gordon-Levitt has to be in the running.

His name's been bandied about, but the main worry is that he looks to young when compared to Heath Ledger's version in the last film.

Personally, make-up effects could (literally) cover that as, facially, he's pretty damn close to Ledger, but I'm not convinced he could pull of as manic a performance.

I've reached the stage of thinking this third film will be a mistake.

I just can't imagine how they are going to top The Dark Knight and the more I see the ending of the film I just think "that's the perfect ending."

Of course, there's money to be made and that ultimately drives these things.

Guest Jung
I don't think they need to top it, just make a different type of film. Still dark and still Nolan but moving in a different direction in terms of structure and themes. Which as shown by the end of the last film, would seem to suggest what they want to do anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
Hm, If they are to bring the Joker back. Don't know if it has been said or not but surely Joseph Gordon-Levitt has to be in the running.
He'd make a good Riddler I think.
And Jung gets the points.

Hollywood Life are reporting that after working with Nolan on the soon-to-be-released Inception, Gordon-Levitt is the front-runner to nab the role of The Riddler. It's by no means 100% confirmed, but the site is usually reliable enough to take at face value.

Also doing the rounds is that Christopher Nolan has flat out said that The Joker will not feature in the next movie and the role will not be recast while he's in charge of the series. Of course, he may get mentioned in the next film and, on the flip side, Nolan is known for keeping his cards to his chest and playing the audience, so, again, this isn't going to be 100% confirmed until the movie is released.

Lastly, the director has also been quoted as saying this is the closing chapter of the story and he wants to leave it as a trilogy.

Guest Sparrow
If it makes big money, then I don't see why these directors keep saying they want to keep it as a trilogy, it is never gonna happen.

If it makes big money, then I don't see why these directors keep saying they want to keep it as a trilogy, it is never gonna happen.

It is for the director though. Nolan can just walk away after the next one (and so would a good portion of the cast I imagine) happy that he's got to make his trilogy. If the studio decide to continue making Batman films (which they will) then so be it, but the franchise's highlight would be the trilogy of Christopher Nolan Batman films (is what I think he's getting at).

I think Levitt would be great as The Riddler and considering the way the last film ended with Batman now being perceived as Gotham's villain would be the perfect mixture of youthful pretty boy taking to Gotham's hearts with sinister darkside manipulating them with Batman nie on helpless yet knowing he has to take a stand.

• 1 month later...

Good news for those on the Riddler, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and "Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Riddler" bandwagons...

EXCL: Studio Casting Grid Names Riddler as Batman 3 Villain

July 20, 2010

by Ethan Anderton

We're not officially kicking off Comic-Con until tomorrow, but today we have a huge bit of news regarding a comic book flick that likely doesn't even have a presence at this year's convention. We've gotten word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for Chris Nolan's highly anticipated to the sequel to The Dark Knight, which is still called Batman 3 at Warner Bros. Even more interesting, the actor currently listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain is none other than Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose status is just listed as "interested." Let's all say it together now: Hell. Yes!

We'd like to point out that this news should be considered confirmation that The Riddler is the villain in Batman 3 and less confirmation of the recent suggestions/rumors regarding Gordon-Levitt's casting as the enigmatic villain. A casting grid is used in the industry to keep production companies, agencies, etc. in the loop on a project's progress and the roles available for actors to potentially take. These documents are used for business planning in the industry and by no means would use internet speculation to list a character that may not even appear in the film. But when it comes to listing actors, this is info that can change at anytime, and just because an actor or studio is interested in one or the other, does not mean it will actually happen.

We're also cautious because the age range listed for the character is 35 to 45, and with Gordon-Levitt being 29 years old falls a little short of the mark. Of course, this wouldn't really be a reason for him to be excluded as characters can be modified in the script to accommodate a favored actor. On the lighter side though, the actor is fresh off working with Nolan on the brilliant Inception, so they've surely developed quite a working relationship as Gordon-Levitt called him "the genuine article… a real artist" and "a unique voice." For now we'll consider Gordon-Levitt's involvement a rumor, but seeing The Riddler in a studio casting grid is solid confirmation of Nolan's villain for Batman 3. Hopefully we'll get an official confirmation sooner than later.

Credit: Firstshowing.net