Fan Clubs | beta

The Dark Knight Rises (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

DC

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I marked out like a little b*tch when they revealed him to be Cobra Commander at the end of that movie. Easily the best bit of that film. But that's like picking out the best bit of a Spice Girls album.

I used to use a surplus of Spice Girls cds to replace broken cases at a record store I once worked in. True story. The most valuable part of that album to our company was the case it came in. Brilliant.

• 2 months later...
Guest John Hancock

This is good news. No idea who he's going to play.

I'm holding out for Black Mask personally, but I have no evidence that that'll happen.

This is good news. No idea who he's going to play.

I'm holding out for Black Mask personally, but I have no evidence that that'll happen.

I'm hoping Black Mask, too. I was thinking the other day that Tom Hardy would be a great Black Mask.

Guest John Hancock

It seems like the only thing he could be really. He seems to relaxed and soft spoken to be any of the wackier~ characters, and I can't imagine Nolan bringing in some ridiculous monster man like Killer Croc or whatever.

Black Mask is really the only relatively well known, realistic, human character who talks and acts pretty calmly.

That said, I don't know how they're going to get around the burns thing. The comic version of Black Mask physically wouldn't translate, because it's just a black skull, so they'd either have to cut out the storyline of him having the mask melted onto his face, or run the risk him looking A LOT like Two Face.

It seems like the only thing he could be really. He seems to relaxed and soft spoken to be any of the wackier~ characters, and I can't imagine Nolan bringing in some ridiculous monster man like Killer Croc or whatever.

Black Mask is really the only relatively well known, realistic, human character who talks and acts pretty calmly.

That said, I don't know how they're going to get around the burns thing. The comic version of Black Mask physically wouldn't translate, because it's just a black skull, so they'd either have to cut out the storyline of him having the mask melted onto his face, or run the risk him looking A LOT like Two Face.

I don't know, I think it'd work pretty well. He didn't get the mask burnt on him until a little while after he was murdering the Wayne Enterprises employees (if I remember correctly, my memory's a bit sketchy). His mask is made of the wood from his mothers coffin, so it'd look different from Two-Face - it's be a lot more sinister looking.

I think Black Mask makes perfect sense for Batman 3 though, considering Nolan says it's his final one. I have a feeling there's going to be at least two villains again, maybe even a possible third (Riddler, Black Mask and Hush would be pretty awesome, if they could manage to work them all together).

Word is that Nolan is going to be working on adapting Prey, with one of the main villains being Hugo Strange, with more than a few sites (including Total Film) feeling Hardy could be down to play a cop called Max Cort who later becomes Night Scourge.

You get that from the same rumour mills that Rhys Ifans is being Electro? :P
Rumours are just that, so they're not set in stone (as the recent Emma Stone is Mary Jane, no she's Gwen Stacey situation can attest), but this one more an educated guess/theory due to Prey following on (a little loosely) from Year One, so the timeline would be fine and the characters would be easy to fit into Nolan's realistic universe.

Perhaps you could link me to an infallible rumour mill for future use. :lol