Fan Clubs | beta

Just one more.

Guest Dante Spears

As for Legends of Wrestling, the games were good, better than any other wrestling game Acclaim ever released, even if the CAW/CAL mode was filled with pixelated crap. I owned the 1st & 3rd games which were pretty interesting, if overly cartoony and the 3rd was hella bug riddled but I still was able to enjoy it. Plus, if I remember correctly, I rented LoW2 and it had the awesome random storyline selector. I laughed so hard at that.

I guess I'm not the only one who enjoyed them then.

What I'd really like to see is an improved version of Legends of Wrestling. That is, without glitches, improved controls etc.

And it would have to be a bit more accurate too. I mean, in LOW2, you can make Abdullah the Butcher do a Moonsault! :lol

EDIT: There was a sequel to Rival Schools that I missed, but found by checking good ol' Wiki.

Yeah, I know about Project Justice. I've never played it though.

I'd still like to see a new Rival Schools game on the PS3 or X-Box 360. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dutt
Agreed, I totally want Wrestle Kingdom II or King of Coliseum II. But that's not the point of the thread. In the same vein as your wish for DoR3, I wish for a new Fire Pro game, preferably on 360 even if it is an arcade game rather than a full title.

EDIT: There was a sequel to Rival Schools that I missed, but found by checking good ol' Wiki.

I have the holy trinity of Jap import wrestling games, King of Colosseum II, Wrestle Kingdom II and All Star Pro Wrestling III. All I needed to do was softmod my PS2 (all you need is a screwdriver, some electrical tape and a small piece of toilet paper), and pick up Swap Magic off the net and I was sorted.

Rival Schools: Project Justice is pretty good, I have it on the Dreamcast and the 3 on 3 fights are pretty cool with the special attacks.

Guest Anime Otaku

A new Rumble Roses game with the new modes of the second game but the progression from the first, and the mud wrestling bits. Don't Judge Me!!!!

Also a Shadow of the Colosseum with the stealth bits either improved to be less frustrating or taken out entirely.

Guest MojoPogo
i'd also love Treasure to sequel Guardian Heroes. I played the DS version and it was awesome, but a 360 version would be great.

I'd love a new Micro Machines and Cannon Fodder.

On this subject how about Microsoft pulling their finger out and letting me play all my old xbox games on the 360? Well annoyed that I can't play Oddworld Stranger's Wrath or Kung Fu Chaos.

Guest Da Showstoppa

The Getaway III. This needs to happen, or at the least a sandbox game based in London (rumours are that GTA:V might be)

I cried for days when it was canned. I would have got a PS3 just for that game.

Didn't really care for the first two mission wise, but it was stupidly fun to hijack a double decker bus and tear arse around London terrorising folks. If they make a Getaway 3, then it needs bendy buses. That'd be fun.

Guest MojoPogo
Didn't really care for the first two mission wise, but it was stupidly fun to hijack a double decker bus and tear arse around London terrorising folks. If they make a Getaway 3, then it needs bendy buses. That'd be fun.

The Stig says NOOOOOO!. Boris Johnson says, "Where am I?". Yeah, as flawed as The Getaway was, the fact that it was London was massive fun in itself. I recon there needs to be another GTA London.

Guest Dante Spears
Nah, Vice City was great but it's still rather cartoonish whereas recent GTA's are so trenched in realism everything just molds together into one indistinguishable blur. My point was returning to the Vice City universe has proven to result in crap and I don't think VIce City could work in the mud coloured graphics of today.

Guest John Hancock

That's just how the game was done. It's Miami, you could easily have a non-cartoon Miami. Yeah, there's the art deco-ness of Ocean Drive, but there's the huge, gritty, Haitian and Cuban ghettos. Then you can have a rural bit in the Florida Everglades, and there's the huge private islands with the big Latin villas. I actually think it would look very cool indeed.

That said, I'd still love to see a European GTA. It would need to bee that huge, you could just compress it, but you could have London in the north-west with the Firms, and Cockney gangs, and black street gangs, then get the Channel Tunnel into Paris, the French countryside, Berlin, Poland, Russia, all of which have big criminal histories. You'd have the old school Italians in the south, the new Balkans and Turks in the south-east...

Guest Dante Spears

That's another problem, they can't exactly go back to the Cuban and Haitians, people complained like crazy abut it.

I want a GTA: GTA (Greater Toronto Area). The name should be reason enough to jump on that. Also TA needs destructo scenery.

Guest John Hancock

GTA: Canada just sounds like an April Fool's Day prank :lol

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/HelpLions/GrandTheftAuto_T.png

I don't think they could make a particularly fun crime game out of a country with a crime rate lower than New Zealand. It would just be a series of polite, minor, non-violent crimes, followed by a fast and successful police investigation, leading to a short jail term and rehabilitation. Sounds about as much fun as Call Of Duty; France.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest Dante Spears

Yes but jumping off the CN Tower would make for the fun times.

No violent crimes my ass. We may not have gang warfare like the Cripes and whatever te others are (Actually we do...the bikers really f'd up Montreal for awhile :lol), or people touting around 20 pounds cocaine but we don't all just dance around the maypole.

My favourite GTA will always be San Andreas.....

Anyway, on the subject of GTA, I'd like to see one set in Japan. And one set in the future. :)

EDIT - I forgot to mention, a GTA in the future would still have to be realistic. That is, not too over the top or unbelievable. Maybe set in the year 3000 or something.

Edited by ShaolinHandLock