Fan Clubs | beta

Blockbusters That Deserved To Flop

Guest John Hancock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one who should be doin' the swallowing, Goldblum lover!

As for The Fly...

http://a.imageshack.us/img832/2518/jeffgoldblum.png

Also, LOL at

Did you even bother to read what the wiki article said? Edited by Maxximus

You're the one who should be doin' the swallowing, Goldblum lover!

As for The Fly...

http://a.imageshack.us/img832/2518/jeffgoldblum.png

Also, LOL at

Did you even bother to read what the wiki article said?
I've seen the film and thought it was a great piece of fun entertainment. I linked to the Wiki page in case people didn't know of the film, but I'm not sure what is in the article that would cause you to ask if I'd read it. There's nothing positive or negative about the film in the article, just a synopsis. Edited by DC

Guest MojoPogo
Today, MSN have released a list of films that did INCREDIBLY well, but, as films, on their own merit, without P.R., or book deals, or being sequals, or have a big star, deserved to flop. There list was;

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

The Da Vinci Code

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Marley And Me

High School Musical 3

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Clash of the Titans

Wild Hogs

Scooby Doo

Sex and the City 2

Cheaper By The Dozen

Rush Hour 3

Men In Black 2

Star War: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace

The Waterboy

Seems a pretty solid list to me, but what do you think? Are thereany films you'd add to the list, and, conversely, are there any you'd take off of it.

I'd like to add Shitanic to that list. ****in pile of monkey shit. However the argument over whether they deserved to or not is irrelevant, because they already HAVE made a ton of money.....not everyone wants to see a plot heavy, black and white musing over the meaning of life in french, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

And Shitanic (I'm nicking this word as adroitly expresses how I feel about it) was a poor choice. Certainly worse than SW-EP1: TPM and The Da Vinci Code and MIB2 combined. I'd rather watch all 3 of those again than have to watch 30 minutes of Shitanic.

This woman/man/thingy speaks the truth.

Shao, have a look at the last newsletter, you know the Global Member Spotlight you were apart of. Then come back and edit your post.

The movie itself was alright. I just cant stand Jeff Goldblum. He is incapable of playing a character as anything other than Jeff Goldblum.

Loved Independence Day too, but can't stand Jeff Goldblum either. If he says "Faster, must go faster", in one more movie, I'll pitch my popcorn at the screen.

Didn't do John Wayne or Clint Eastwood any harm. ;)

Don't tell me DC that you as a movie aficionado would put John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Jeff Goldblum on the same plain. The first two are head and shoulders above Jeff Goldblum on every level.

SDon't tell me DC that you as a movie aficionado would put John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and Jeff Goldblum on the same plain. The first two are head and shoulders above Jeff Goldblum on every level.

I'm pretty sure Goldblum is taller then Wayne and Eastwood.

Only in height Maxx, only in height. In every other sense of acting ability Goldblum is a midget compared to them.

In that exact sense, I think they're actually all on a par. In every other sense of being a hollywood star, I think Wayne and Eastwood knock Goldblum into a cocked hat.

I have no idea what a cocked hat is, but if your saying that Wayne and Eastwood are better then I think we agree. They are true giants in the movie industry. Goldblum was good in a few movies but he's nowhere near their stature. I mean if you were to name if biggest stars that Hollywood ever produced, Wayne and Eastwood have every chance of being on the list, Goldbulm, would be doubtful. Edited by Fiona

I have no idea what a cocked hat is, but if your saying that Wayne and Eastwood are better then I think we agree. They are true giants in the movie industry. Goldblum was good in a few movies but he's nowhere near their stature. I mean if you were to name if biggest stars that Hollywood ever produced, Wayne and Eastwood have every chance of being on the list, Goldbulm, would be doubtful.

Yeah, it means they "blow him away" in every other department. I like Goldblum, and am not a fan of John Wayne, but no one can credibly argue that Goldblum even comes close to being at that level.

Wow I can't believe that we've actually found something to agree about after all this time.:P

Nah, we often agree (or come quite close) on things, just approaching them from the other direction, as it were :P