Fan Clubs | beta

Superman: The Man of Steel - Snyder! Nolan! ZOD!!!

DC

I'm pretty sure DC (the comic makers and not our resident pedant) has spoken about how the Nolan Batman films aren't going to play into the JLA universe. Like, Bale isn't going to be back to direct (he's stayed on as a producer but that seems to be so advertising can brag "produced by CHRISTOPHER NOLAN the DIRECTOR of THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY") and people were flipping their lids because they assumed Jo-Go Levitt was going to be Bats in the JLA film but that, at the time of release, was untrue as well because they just threw the cheeky reveal in there to mess with the fans.

I'm not 100% but it seems likely because, if the Nolan films were going to play into it then DC certainly would have announced official plans for JLA (release dates for their pre-JLA films, some casting maybe) with Dark Knight Rises release last year instead of flailing in the water like they are just now. To consider that they are talking about 2015 and going head-to-head with Avengers 2 and yet have announced NOTHING official is crazy, especially when you compare to Marvel's Phase 2 (and even Phase 1). With all that in mind I'm expecting, with a huge opening weekend for MoS for DC to come out soon after announcing everything including a new, tone-correcting Batman film that steps away from Nolan's universe. Because, as Hancock says, the Nolan films make no sense in a JLA universe. None at all.

As it is with Man of Steel, I'm incredibly sceptical but boy-oh-boy do I like Michael Shannon. I mean, holy moly would I marry that man. He's absolutely one of the greatest things since sliced bread and I've tried sliced bread. Plus I like the music a lot so far especially the march-y "You are not a-lone" beat that appeared in the "Fate of your planet" trailer.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus I like the music a lot so far especially the march-y "You are not a-lone" beat that appeared in the "Fate of your planet" trailer.

This. In fact, that was the first thing that actually made me sit up and take notice of this film. Up until "YOU. ARE NOT. ALONE." I'd fully written this off as more "Superman Returns-esque" bobbins. It's amazing that music actually helped turn me round onto looking forward to this.

As it stands I'm IMAX3Ding this next Sunday. Ooooh.

Guest The Beltster

I'm gutted they didnt keep the Superman theme music, I've gotta be honest. I used to get hyped for that as a kid.

Dum de dum.....

I'm gutted they didnt keep the Superman theme music, I've gotta be honest. I used to get hyped for that as a kid.

Dum de dum.....

Surely it'll be in there somewhere? The music sounds a bit like they've done an Inception and based it around just a couple of notes of the Superman theme, so I'd expect it to feature in some form in the movie?

Guest The Beltster

I was speaking to my local comic book shop dork and he was adamant that the theme wont be included in any way whatsoever because they wanted to completely get away from that old Superman stuff with a clean slate.

Imagine these MOS trailers with that music and the Son of Krypton theme?! Holy shit, they would be even better than they already are!

GOOSEBUMPS!!!

[video=youtube;dRF4XxGXU8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRF4XxGXU8U

[video=youtube;Pn-8kEjBb5o]

[video=youtube;K5oMRVqwlzM]

[video=youtube;knANSmWYoDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knANSmWYoDE

Edited by The Beltster

I genuinely get a thrill when Josh is playing Lego Batman 2 as Superman and he takes flight because the main Superman theme kicks in.

It's one of a dozen sweet little touches to that game.

I don't know what it is but I'm feeling kinda indifferent about this. I watched the majority of the Marvel and Batman films at the cinema but I just don't know about this. I'll await your reviews...

Guest bigmatt

I'm sorry Belty (and other folks):

Man of Steel UK cinema release delayed because of copyright issues

The UK cinema release of the eagerly anticipated "reboot" of the Superman franchise, Man of Steel, has been delayed due to unexpected copyright issues.

The film, directed by 300's Zack Snyder and starring British actor Henry Cavill as the superhero, was due to open in UK cinemas this week.

The blockbuster includes a snippet of a 19th century composition by British composer Sir William Sterndale Bennet.

The copyright on such pieces has usually expired but Bennet's overture, Parisina, Op 3, was granted "perpetual copyright" in 1967 because of its "cultural standing".

Royalties are paid to the the Royal Academy of Music in London, who say, they are working with Legendary Pictures and DC Entertainment on a resolution.

The release dates in other countries are unaffected.

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-216862343

Once again proving 'Merican superiority.