Fan Clubs | beta

Kinect gaming thread

Guest The Beltster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiona has a point to a degree, but considering we all having this debate on a wrestling forum her point is mute is it's already clear we are at best geeks

But... the thing is, she originally sounded like she was calling who anybody who played a game and enjoyed it a loser.

That's where your point would come in as a "well we're all geeks in our own special ways, aww happy ending."

BUT THEN the argument went further, to a point where she was actually discussing somebody who's day-to-day living is effected by the amount they play games - which most people would agree are losers, cause in THAT situation you can drop anything you want in there and if it's stopping you living a normal (OOH BUT WHAT'S NORMAL) day-to-day life then it's an issue.

Go on, let's drop a few things in there - games, alcohol, sex, drugs, OCD, depressions, the colour blue...

See, so at this point, where our argument has been taken to - your point has no relevance at all (although I'm sure we could happily argue that to some degree or another we're all 'soft-addicts' of something or another. But that sounds like a really stupid debate... sorta' like this one).

COME ON!

But it's not to a degree, because you're little after-school special answer has NO RELEVANCE to the argument we're having.

It's like you've just thrown it in there as a desperate attempt to stop all the fighting and make everybody think of you as some kind of sage who ended the Kinect War. But you didn't - you just sounded stupid.

Holy Diver!!

Guest Jayfunk
But it's not to a degree, because you're little after-school special answer has NO RELEVANCE to the argument we're having.

It's like you've just thrown it in there as a desperate attempt to stop all the fighting and make everybody think of you as some kind of sage who ended the Kinect War. But you didn't - you just sounded stupid.

Holy Diver!!

:lol

I agree that it is a tad sad for people in 30's to play computer games, Don't get me wrong i like computer games and even to me its a bit sad. That is all i was agreeing with

But on to the discussion , I will not be buy this product for my x box as i believe that games should be played on your ass in your boxers with a beer and a pizza not moving involved

Guest The Beltster
Dude, when do you sleep ? :P
Preferably at work :lol

I work 8pm - 4am so I survive on about 4 hours sleep per day from 4:30am - 8:30am and then play catchup during weekday daytimes and on the weekend daytimes when I pass out on the couch for a few hours if nothing needs to be done or I dont need to go anywhere.

It's not a healthy way to live I'm sure.

Edited by The Beltster

Fiona, the reason I quoted your post is because the way you worded it, you made it seem like anyone who plays video games is a loser. Like JJ said;

But... the thing is, she originally sounded like she was calling who anybody who played a game and enjoyed it a loser.

That's exactly how it sounded to me. Had you given a specific example like you did in your last post then I probably would have backed you up. Because people like the ones you commented on are selfish and ignorant to what life really is.

If you think I was having a go at you, then get in line. Whether I'm right or wrong, I always say what I think. Ask Icon. I offend him daily and he doesn't take it personal. Same with Jay. If I feel I have something to say, then I'll say it, if I'm in the wrong then I admit it. In this case, I'm not.

I'm constantly working, so, like etz, my playing time is few and far between, I also have to juggle my hobbies, my friends, my girlfriend and my family responsibilities.

Sometimes, when you get the time, it's nice to just sit down and do nothing/play a game. I think it is a man thing, we can literally spend a day not actually thinking anything.

Sometimes, when I have a new game, I play it, put it on pause, get the work done, have a break and play for a bit, then get back to work.

I think I am fortunate that, because I work from home, I can keep an eye on things here without too much hassle.

Edited by Saz

I'm constantly working, so, like etz, my playing time is few and far between, I also have to juggle my hobbies, my friends, my girlfriend and my family responsibilities.

Sometimes, when you get the time, it's nice to just sit down and do nothing/play a game. I think it is a man thing, we can literally spend a day not actually thinking anything.

Sometimes, when I have a new game, I play it, put it on pause, get the work done, have a break and play for a bit, then get back to work.

I think I am fortunate that, because I work from home, I can keep an eye on things here without too much hassle.

I love those days, I need them to decompress. I get way too few of them.:good222:

I agree that it is a tad sad for people in 30's to play computer games, Don't get me wrong i like computer games and even to me its a bit sad. That is all i was agreeing with

But on to the discussion , I will not be buy this product for my x box as i believe that games should be played on your ass in your boxers with a beer and a pizza not moving involved

Mhe, no worse than people watching TV. The sad thing is obsessing over them like the losers Fiona was talking about, regardless of age. But then if it wasn't games for them, it'd be something else.

Edited by etz

Guest The Beltster

Dance Central literally made me think I was in the midst of a heart attack half way through....my fitness levels are beyond pathetic :lol

As for people in their 30's playing being sad, thats a ridiculous, bent statement. Whats the difference in that an people in their 30's watching movies or browsing the internet? Gaming isnt specifically aimed at children anymore.

What a complete load of rubbish.....

The age of people playing video games is only going up.....my parents play them for starters.

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

Normally Shao I would remind you not to make outlandish statements like "That's Rubbish" but in reality, I cannot really admonish you for saying something that is true!

I on the the other hand weep for those in their thirties that don't play games. Those that have closed minds and dismiss games as a waste of time. Although most people I know, aren't like that. Those that are like that usually enjoy the music of Michael Buble.

I on the the other hand weep for those in their thirties that don't play games. Those that have closed minds and dismiss games as a waste of time. Although most people I know, aren't like that. Those that are like that usually enjoy the music of Michael Buble.

or James Blunt, or Nickelback, amiright? :P

Off topic - Anyone can play games. If they're having fun, then leave them to it. Just don't let them turn into that weird Japanese kid who played World of Warcraft all day and night without food or sleep (I think he died, but that might just be an urban myth). As J said though doing pretty much anything to excess is unhealthy in some way. It's all about finding a balance.

On topic - Children of Eden actually has me interested in Kinect. I'm a proper Rez-head anyways, so this could start to swing me towards thinking about making a purchase. Seriously, if they could bring out another two or three games i like the look of in the next few weeks, then I may well go get one after Chrimbo.

No, dude. That kid seriously died!

EDIT: After an exhaustive 4 second search, it turns out that multiple people have died or gotten ill from playing WoW non stop for days. One kid jumped out of a FREAKING window!

See for yourself

See, had Fiona called THESE people losers I would have totally agreed with her.

Edited by Maxximus