Fan Clubs | beta

Music Recommendations Thread

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Frank Botch

The ''Have you ever had sex with a pharoah'' line cracks me up everytime I hear it. Also ''I treat money like the government treats aids'', ''What's worse the pain or the hangover'', the random security searches line...in fact he doesn't have any bad lines on the whole album

Maybe I'm a little over the top with how much I like this album..

I need recommendations for "Sludge" metal. Bands like Baroness, Down... ect.

I'm guessing you know Acid Bath already but if not When the Kite Strings Pop is one of my favourite sludge albums.

Also Electric Wizard, Boris, Sleep, Reverend Bizarre (In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome), Colour Haze, Neurosis and Dead Meadow. My War by Black Flag as well, Melvins got their shit from this album. I just picked these out at random from my itunes so some will probably be more stoner/doom. It's all METAL though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Maybe I'm a little over the top with how much I like this album..

Don't doubt yourself! It's impossible to like that album too much. I haven't listened to anything else since I first heard it.

Guest Frank Botch

It's cool to see how many people love it here, I posted that it was my album of the year in the listening thread around an hour ago, I totally missed this thread.

Blame Game is probably my favourite track at the moment, the Aphex Twin sample is genius. The Iron Man sample is awesome too though.

I'm guessing you know Acid Bath already but if not When the Kite Strings Pop is one of my favourite sludge albums.

Also Electric Wizard, Boris, Sleep, Reverend Bizarre (In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome), Colour Haze, Neurosis and Dead Meadow. My War by Black Flag as well, Melvins got their shit from this album. I just picked these out at random from my itunes so some will probably be more stoner/doom. It's all METAL though.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Acid Bath. Kite Strings is an amazing album. Thanks for the info, bro.

Boris is an awesome band. I've only listened to Pink and Flood, but they're great albums.

I recommend this song:- :good222:

[YOUTUBE]rPFwfdEAQQ0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That's not really sh*t enough to be a joke, but it's still too sh*t to be a serious recommendation... I'm both confused and worried.

Lol, it's catchy John. :)

So is herpes, but you don't see me running out to get that. That song made me want to shove chunks of glass into my ears and set myself on fire.

I think the best part of that is the audience who are clapping so out of time it's like they can't actually hear the song!

Trying to work out if I'd bone the brunette, the blonde's ok for a three way I guess!

Then you are a sick, sick puppy!

Mostly for making me have to go through the song again to find her!

Though I have worked out now that the song is just a rehash of Last Christmas by Wham.

Guest Frank Botch
Boris is an awesome band. I've only listened to Pink and Flood, but they're great albums.

Yeah they've been a favourite of mine for a while. You should check out Akuma no Uta next. Some of their stuff is pretty divisive, like the stuff they did with Merzbow, but almost everyone likes Akuma. They also did an ep with Ian Astbury this year which was awesome.

Absolutego is pretty great too but since it's just one hour long song it's one of those that some people don't like.