Fan Clubs | beta

Favourite Kids Movies

Guest Dutt

Now I'm not trying to rip off JJ's thread about Disney songs, that's brilliant, but it got me thinking all nostalgic.

I was thinking of having this as favourite family movies, but I think that's a little vague for what I'm going for here, I'm talking Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, that kind of thing.

So what are some of your favourites, and do they hold any sentimental reasons why?

I think some of my favourites are Aladdin, Lion King and to a certain extent Toy Story, I think they hold sentimental reason because I've watched them so many times over the years.

With Toy Story I remember back in '95 when it first came out and I remember seeing the ads and being blown away, I'd never seen ANYTHING like it before, it's hard to think that CGI movies were a new thing back then, considering how many get churned out today.

I rarely went to the cinema when I was little, so I had to wait for the home video release I HAD to have that movie, and it was the first thing on my Xmas list that year.

For Lion King and Aladdin, I think I've just seen them so many times that all the songs and moments are burned into my mind. I love those movies and could probably watch them every week and look forward to it. I even had their respective games for Mega Drive and Game Boy (which are great by the way).

So what are some of your favourites??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of having this as favourite family movies, but I think that's a little vague for what I'm going for here, I'm talking Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, that kind of thing.

Damn, and I was gonna say Highlander. Ok, The Jungle Book.

Guest Hanahbananabob
The Lion King is definitely my favourite by a mile, but I also used to love The Fox and the Hound as it was the only film my Gran had at her house for me and my brother to watch!

Guest John Hancock
As much as I hate to give Anime any credit at all, considering that most of it is horrific, Spirited Away is pretty great. So is My Neighbor Totoro.

The Black Cauldron. Hands down just brilliant.

Edit: I forgot, I totally loved Starchaser: The Legend of Orin. I'd give my left arm to have a copy of it again.

Edited by Paul

I'm going to start with the funniest Disney film ever for me; The Emperor's New Groove - it's just snappy, snappy, snappy humour all the way through with, quite ironically I feel for a Disney movie, no stand out musical number which stops it being perfect.

Kids films generally?

The Princess Bride is just a wonderful, wonderful movie which I didn't see as a child but so wished I had.

In the same vein is Back to the Future - Marty McFly to any 8 year old boy would be the single most awesome guy in the world.

Fantastic Mr Fox is probably one of my very favourite films ever!

EDIT: Totoro is another amazing call. Nothing happens in it - and yet it's so... so... satisfying.

In that same sort of area, Where the Wild Things Are is phenomenal but I don't know how much kids would 'get' it. I figure though, if they can get Totoro then they can get WTWTA.

Guest John Hancock
Totoro is another amazing call. Nothing happens in it - and yet it's so... so... satisfying.

Vaguely pedophilic set-pieces. That's what happens in it.

That, and really subtly funny facial expressions. And a bus made out of a giant hollow cat and dead mice.

Anything by Studio Ghibli is damn fine viewing.

I'm gonna give a shout for Fantastic Mr Fox. I may not have been a kid when I went to see it, but it's a great kids film.

Oh, and Labyrinth.

See, I was going to put in Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and The Princess Bride, but I thought we were limited to cartoons.

Guest The Bisch

Transformers, the cartoon film realised in the 80s.

Than again I haven't seen it for many many years now, perhaps it's not as good as I remember lol