Fan Clubs | beta

Favourite 'Bad' Movies

Guest Dutt

We've all got them, movies which are proclaimed to be utter shit, yet there's something about them, a certain charm that we just can't hate.

So what are some of your favourites, I'll get us started with..

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot - I never understood the sheer hatred this movie gets. Sure it has bad jokes, but they're laughably bad. The entire movie is one collective groan, but it's hilarious in the most inappropriate way.

Super Mario Bros - Yeah, THAT one. Oh come on it's not that bad. I can't really defend this one, I can see why people dislike it, but again it has that charm. Maybe I'm going too easy on it but I can watch it every now and then and still have fun with it. :roll

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Boyscout is just as cheesey and horrible as you can get, but man those one liners were comedy gold in school when a teacher asked a question.

The Last Boyscout is just as cheesey and horrible as you can get, but man those one liners were comedy gold in school when a teacher asked a question.

Really? I think this film is just plain good. Good script. Good acting. Good all around.

Wasn't Kylie Minogue in Bio Dome. That film was fun if stupid.

Guest Dr. ZERO

The Room, Jingle all the Way, Vampires vs Zombies and Daddy Day Camp immediately spring to mind.

Daddy Day Camp's probably my favourite because the protagonist is so amazingly counter-productive but thankfully lives in a world occupied by the mentally abolished; and it's climax is worth describing because I doubt many here will have seen it and it really is something!

There's a yearly camp games, a big contest where all the Summer camps compete against each other for a chance to win a trophy or some nonsense. So Daddy Day Camp, dangerously low on funds and members, decide they have to win this in order to show how amazing their camp is to attract new business.

Well this process includes intentionally making a weak-stomached child vomit on the opposition, forcing a child who smells like death to compete in order to (if I remember correctly) knock his opponent unconscious and finally an especially porky, leaky little ankle-biter who has a bed-wetting problem urinates in a balloon and lobs it at a cheating kid from another camp.

They win the trophy and everything's great though. Apart from the kid who was blinded by the vengeful rubber piss missile, he never smiled again.