Fan Clubs | beta

L.A. Noire

dsrchris

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I imagine that if this game does well, Rockstar will probably start using it in all their major releases. I'm expecting GTA VI to be before Red Dead 2... sadly.

Guest Dave7g
GTA V you mean? Well, I'll take GTA V first no problem, and then they can alternate them every year until the day I die.

Guest John Hancock
GTA V you mean? Well, I'll take GTA V first no problem, and then they can alternate them every year until the day I die.

Yeah, that's the one! For some reason I thought the last one was GTA V. I'm assuming they're going to rotate them too. I'm thinking it'll be like;

2011 - LA Noire (No series)

2012 - GTA V

2013 - Red Dead 2

2014 - No series

2015 - GTA VI

2016 - Red Dead 3

Yeah, that's the one! For some reason I thought the last one was GTA V. I'm assuming they're going to rotate them too. I'm thinking it'll be like;

2011 - LA Noire (No series)

2012 - GTA V

2013 - Red Dead 2

2014 - No series

2015 - GTA VI

2016 - Red Dead 3

2013 would be Red Dead 3. Red Dead Redemption was the follow up to Red Dead Revolver. Also a friend of mine has the game already (HAs had it since Sunday) and he's had about 13 minutes of gunfights in the first 6 hours of the game. :/

Are we on about LA Noire again here?

I've read and heard that the gunfights and so on don't really come into it until you get into 2nd half/last 3rd of the game.

I wasn't really expecting much "cops and robbers shootout" type stuff from this anyways.

Are we on about LA Noire again here?

I've read and heard that the gunfights and so on don't really come into it until you get into 2nd half/last 3rd of the game.

I wasn't really expecting much "cops and robbers shootout" type stuff from this anyways.

Yeah. That bit was about L.A. Noire. Bit too unshooting bitches in the face for me, considering it's something associated with Rockstar. Then again, so was Table Tennis...

Apparently there's absolutely none of that "randomly run around shooting hookers in the face" gameplay that we all know and love. You're a clean cut, true blue policeman officer for this one I'm afraid.

Now some kind of add on where you play as a criminal could be pretty cool. Like, you tell your character how to react to questioning to try and throw the cops off the scent?

Guest John Hancock

Sounds good to me. The point at which all GTA's have tended to lose me is as soon as the game becomes a sort of inner city Call Of Duty. A better paced game is way more up my street as long as there's still things to do. Mafia II tried to do the same thing, and failed horrifically, because it was literally just driving between cut scenes for 90% of the game. If the non-shooty bits are still as user-driven, interactive and, hell, fun as the shooty bits, then I've got no problem with the game having a slightly lower body count. If anything, it makes it more realistic, and truer to the film noire theme, which has never really been action heavy.

I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy it if there's any copies left.

Apparently there's absolutely none of that "randomly run around shooting hookers in the face" gameplay that we all know and love. You're a clean cut, true blue policeman officer for this one I'm afraid.

Dammit. Back to True Crime: NYC. :(

But seriously, I'm looking forward to getting this game, but I'm gonna wait a bit to grab it.

Guest Dave7g
Red Dead Redemption wasn't a follow up really, some of the characters show up in the multiplayer and that's about the height of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boyo

Bought this game and an iPhone on the same day (last Saturday). I have a PS3 by the way. It's a sad state of affairs that LA Noire remains in the plastic wrapping for a week whilst I succumb to an addiction to "Flick Kick Football".

EDIT: I plan an "LA Noire sesh" this Sunday though.

Cheers!