Fan Clubs | beta

L.A. Noire

dsrchris

Guest Phil

ok maybe not to that extreme, but there's games out there that have. There's one bit in Vanquish where the Commanding Officer or whatever his title is wants to leave a soldier behind as he's too slow to get to the door or something, and Gideon's all "no, we never leave a soldier behind!" The only thing missing that the American flag and national anthem being played!! I won't ruin the ending but I bet you can't guess what happens to the Commanding offiicer.

JH - Nobody told me it was like that, I just always have a little pang of doubt when there's a new cop game comes out.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok maybe not to that extreme, but there's games out there that have. There's one bit in Vanquish where the Commanding Officer or whatever his title is wants to leave a soldier behind as he's too slow to get to the door or something, and Gideon's all "no, we never leave a soldier behind!" The only thing missing that the American flag and national anthem being played!! I won't ruin the ending but I bet you can't guess what happens to the Commanding offiicer.
I wouldn't say that's preachy at all. That kind of thing happens in movies, books and games all the time ("No man shall be left behind" and all that).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dave7g
Way overrated for sure, it gets so repetitive after a while. Still havent been arsed to finish off the last few cases. I should do that soon so I can sell it on.

Guest John Hancock
I got up to the arson cases, and lost interest. It's a great game at it's core, but it peaks way too early considering it's actually length.

Guest Frank Botch
First game in years I gave up on due to sheer boredom. Luckily I'm extremely... careful with money so I just got it from a friend. Around the time I was moving some boxes around with a crane I started struggling. Made it to the second case in vice, Phelps is so f*cking annoying, wanted to play as his partner after a while. It was funny the way the 'stupid' partner in murder keep telling me where to drive during that one case though. Haven't played it in a week or so, I hear the ending is... interesting but I'm not sure I can wade my way to it.